The Testament of Sister New Devil / Shinmai Mao no Testament

ANN Review: The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 1 + OVA BD/DVD

by Theron Martin, Jan 10th 2018

1 Like

O my god!

Two Heroines Looking Stunning in “The Testament of Sister New Devil DEPARTURES” DVD/Blu-ray Jacket

January 18, 2018 1:00am CST
The DVD/Blu-ray will include the “uncensored” version of the OVA episode

2 Likes

Hopefully Departures gets an international release too. Since it’s an “In Theater OVA” maybe it could be released separately from Burst. Kinda like with Baka and Test or Girls Und Panzer.

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Took longer to sell out than MonMusu, but not surprised about it at all.

P.S. Love the Mio poster they included with it. :heart_eyes:

Edit
When did they raise the price to $85? Mine was less than $70 when I pre-ordered it!

Edit #2
It’s on the Funi Store for $63.74, but the page says backordered. Don’t know if that’s a possible sold out or not.

I’m probably going to import it, Since it’s highly unlikely it’ll get a domestic release in the next 2 years (Totally looking at you DATE A LIVE: Mayuri Judgement) I’d totally like to be proven wrong on this though.

1 Like

You’re so right about that. How long did it take for them to release Steins Gate: Load Region of Deja Vu or Strike Witches The Movie?

1 Like

Strike Witches the Movie Timeline
-BD / DVD (Japan) Released in October 2012
-August 2014 Funimation Announces license
-October 2016 Funimation BD/DVD released

So 4 years

3 Likes

The Testament of Sister New Devil Departures, Blu-ray & DVD Promotional CM

2 Likes

IDK if anyone here wants / still hasn’t gotten the CE version, but on Rightstuf during the Funi sale it’s $67.98.

It’s still available at the moment.

Just got my ship notice for the DEPARTURES OVA. Should be here by tomorrow. Pictures later.

2 Likes

As promised:

Front

Back

Disc Holder front:

Disc Holder Back

Inside:

I’ll be honest I got this strictly for the Wedding Dress illustrations

2 Likes

Wow Series5Ranger! That’s beautiful! Mio is straight up adorable in that wedding dress :heart_eyes:

Please Funi, include those images if you release it :pray:

I’d like to get the Japanese release personally, but funds, a non region free Blu-ray player, and the fact I’m not fluent in Japanese knida hinders that for me… :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

US and Japan share the same Blu-Ray Region
The biggest hurdle to importing is price. This is my first non English Sub Japanese release (Which was the reason I didn’t import Yamato 2202) But those Wedding dress illustrations made it a buy for me.

1 Like

Per Funimation Shop

The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST (both LE and reg) has been delayed to September 18 (was August 21).

1 Like

I really hope this doesn’t turn into a Hybrid X Heart situation…

At least it will be a self-purchased birthday present officially…

Probably more likely to do with the Re: Zero Part 1 (Video Quality) and the Tsugomomo (Half of the episodes were the TV versions) situation. Since both Part 2 and Burst were delayed, they are probably going the extra step to make sure video quality is acceptable and they have all the uncensored masters…

1 Like

Ah. I haven’t cracked open my Re: Zero set yet, and don’t have Tsugomomo. Understandingly, video quality would be something of concern, but after reading about Tsugomomo, wasn’t that kind of a Hagani S2 situation?

I can see the riots if SND BURST was released censored on Physical Media :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just some color banding / artifacts were noticed by users. Which the encoders could have minimized if they were doing their job properly. Whether Funimation releases replacement discs remains to be seen.

1 Like