Crunchyroll News

Multiple threads have been merged to create this thread

This is the Crunchyroll News & Notes thread.

Effective April 2, 2015

Only post article/news/notes about the Crunchyroll ANIME industry OR about anime that doesn’t already have an existing thread.

Anything posted here that already has an existing thread will either be moved to that thread or deleted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

###Crunchyroll, TV Tokyo Sue YouTube Users for Unauthorized Anime Uploading
posted on 2011-09-21 12:45 EDT
13 defendants accused of uploading Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach episodes

This is the most ironic thing I’ve heard in quite sometime. Oh man my eyes are in tears from loss of breath from laughing so hard.

I think that they should have done this as well as go after the other pirate streaming sites that have done the same thing to them. This will show the "fan"subbers that the companies that stream legally mean business.

I am happy that Crunchyroll and TV Tokyo are taking such an action against the 13 people who have uploaded Naruto and Bleach on Youtube.

Hmmm…not sure how I should react to this one. It’s more like someone’s trying to “make an attempt” without really doing anything. Trying to stop “unauthorized” streaming would be like trying to dam the Amazon with pebbles.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-747465/crunchyroll-to-now-stream-in-1080p
[size=20]Crunchyroll to Now Stream in 1080p[/size]

Hey guys,

We are thrilled to announce that you will now be able to watch some of their favorite series in glorious 1080p resolution!

That’s right! Starting today, all you lucky premium members can stream the latest anime titles immediately following Japan TV broadcast in Full High-Definition 1080p streams. Previously, you guys were able to stream videos at 720p quality.

Now, High-Definition 1080p streams are available immediately for Crunchyroll’s simulcast lineup.

Some of you favorite titles as NARUTO SHIPPUDEN, BLEACH, NISEMONOGATARI, HUNTER X HUNTER, THE PRINCE OF TENNIS II and over twenty other simulcasts, streaming in glorious 1080p immediately after Japan TV! In addition, our simulcast J-Drama titles such as SECRET AGENT ERIKA, MOONCAKE, and DEKA KUROKAWA SUZUKI look absolutely amazing in 1080p!

Things never looked so clear!

720p

1080p

Happy viewing!

###Crunchyroll Adds House of Five Leaves
posted on 2013-05-08 01:02 EDT

###Chernin Group acquires majority stake in Crunchyroll
By Ryan Faughnder – December 2, 2013, 2:05 p.m.

This is interesting. I wonder how much will change.

On a side note, I had to smile when I saw “TCG” in the article. For a minute there, I thought Coffee God was involved. :silly:

My apologies, Coffee God!

###Anime-Planet: ANIME-PLANET.COM PARTNERS WITH CRUNCHYROLL TO PROVIDE IN-DEPTH VIDEO INTEGRATION
Feb 24, 2015

So the only benefit is the auto-updating of this “shows I’ve watched” list?

…I haven’t been to this Anime Planet site in years.

The true “benefit” lies in possibly getting more people to watch “legally” streamed anime rather than downloading it.

There’s a manga CR has that AP appears to know nothing about. And lack for wiki pages on it makes it hard to see if AP might have it under a different spelling or not. Hoping that this might help with that at least.

-edit-

Man, I really need to learn how to read!

What manga is that?

Okitenemuru

Only 3 chapters in with the 4th comping out Tuesday.

Seems CR got more back chapters of stuff, so I can plow through and catch up. Time to find time to read them.

[quote=“miquelfire”]Okitenemuru

Only 3 chapters in with the 4th comping out Tuesday.

Seems CR got more back chapters of stuff, so I can plow through and catch up. Time to find time to read them.[/quote]

I can’t find it either.

You could always post an add request in this thread:

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64993

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-30/crunchyroll-streaming-service-down-amid-ddos-attack/.82769

Crunchyroll Streaming Service Down Amid DDoS Attack

posted on 2014-12-30 16:45 EST

Over 400,000 paid subscribers affected

The Crunchyroll streaming service announced on Tuesday that it is currently down due to a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack “of the same magnitude” as those recently targeted towards Sony and Microsoft consoles. Crunchyroll service went down at approximately 4:00 a.m. EST on Tuesday.

DDoS attacks against Sony and Microsoft started on Christmas Day and made services on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles unavailable for approximately three days. A hacking group known as Lizard Squad claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Crunchyroll has over 400,000 reported paid subscribers.

I guess that explains it.

Good to know. I was wondering.

ANN seemed to be the victim of one as well as a while ago I was getting CloudFlare “Server is down” errors and now when I visit the site for the first time in a new browser session my browser has to be authenticated by CloudFlare before it lets me visit the site.

Maybe its a racket…

Such a shame this keeps happening.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-31/crunchyroll-streaming-service-website-back-online/.82790

Crunchyroll Streaming Service, Website Back Online

posted on 2014-12-31 14:10 EST

Service went down on Tuesday due to DDoS attacks

The Crunchyroll website and apps are back online after going down at about 4:00 a.m. EST on Tuesday. Crunchyroll announced later on Tuesday that the cause was a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack “of the same magnitude” as those recently targeted towards Sony and Microsoft consoles.

DDoS attacks against Sony and Microsoft started on Christmas Day and made services on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles unavailable for approximately three days. A group known as Lizard Squad claimed responsibility for the attacks.