20th Century Boys (manga)

Oh, hey ran across this the other day.

Don’t think it is too spoilerish, cause to anyone never reading it it would just be random Manga images. But if you have read to at least Vol 6 your not going to see anything new.
Now I am looking up this song from T-Rex

I’ve always loved this song by T-Rex, but I never knew the name of it. It’s now become one of my favorite songs! Nice post ;). I also really love “Get it on” (i’m sure you’ve heard this song) and “Telegram Sam” .

ALso did you see the trailer for this manga? Viz actually went out of their way to license this song for a manga trailer!! Now the trailer has been on all their anime releases from Nana to Monster, but still. Why would they do that lol? Feels like a waste of money. And I first saw it on their site, before it was even on any of their DVDs. It’s a great trailer tho! Give it a watch.

http://www.vizsignature.com/video/20thCB.html

Also check out the live action movie trailer by Viz. Again they got the rights for the T Rex song. If only they tried this hard for anime song rights lol :stuck_out_tongue: .

It’s scary how close the actors match their manga counterparts. However I still think this looks cheesey, corny, and fake. It’s not cutting edge like it should be. And it’s not edgy or dark enough. Looks like Godzilla.

Oh, Snap! Yeah I have seen some trailers for it, but did not know it was licensed. It does look a tad Made for TV for my liking as well. This however will not stop me from checking it out.

Yeah this was the biggest/most expensive film series ever made in Japan, and it still looks low budget. Which is a shame because the actors match their manga counter parts so well. I think whoever decided to turn this into a movie got it all wrong. There’s no way such a HUGE SCALE manga could be turned into a good 3 movies IMO. You’d need like 6 or 9 lol. This would be better suited for a an anime, or live action TV series., or mini-series or something.

Still despite being corny looking, I totally will buy this DVD. Viz licensed all three btw, first one is already out.

Anime Maki: DVD Review: 20th Century Boys 1: Beginning of the End(better written then the ANN one, sadly)

Also here’s a pic of the manga characters, next to their actors. it’s very small so it’s hard to see, but you can tell they did an AMAZING job with casting. I doubt they all can act though :stuck_out_tongue: . Also slight spoilers for those who haven’t read the manga or seen the first movie.

Oh and the http://www.4digitalmedia.com/20cb/index.html is full of epic and win and super epic.

I meant to quote this a long time ago. No offense, but I can’t believe anyone on the planet wouldn’t know that song by The Stones. How could you not know the name! Doh!

OMG everything is culminating to a showdown on 2000.

Vol 7

I wonder sometimes who was the guy in the mask? He tells Kenji it was not that friend he thought it was.

I find it funny that Kamesama is rich now. lol.

They are listening to 20th Century boy heading toward the robot! =D I got chills. I am not sure if this is his best work, or Monster is, but i love them both.

WARNING! The following contains spoilers for 20th Century Boys by Naoki Urasawa.

2022-09-29T01:00:00Z