Yozakura Quartet / Yozakura Shijuusou

Yozakura Quartet / Yozakura Shijuusou

Genres: action, comedy, supernatural
Themes: superpowers, youkai
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Sakurashin is a town where supernatural beings called youkai can coexist peacefully with humans. The city was built around the “Nana-gou”, seven huge cherry blossom trees that connect the human and youkai worlds. About half of Sakurashin´s population is composed of youkais who have migrated from the other world. Four young but powerful individuals are chosen to protect the town and the gate.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2008-10-02

ANN Info Page

Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~

Genres: action, supernatural
Themes: youkai
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: The town of Sakurashin is connected to the demon world by seven sakura pillars, allowing humans and demons to live together. The four members of the Hiizumi Counseling Office help and protect its citizens.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2013-10-06 to 2013-12-29

ANN Info Page

Yozakura Quartet ~Hoshi no Umi~ (OVA) Vintage: 2010-10-08
Yozakura Quartet ~Tsuki ni Naku~ (OVA) Vintage: 2013-09-09

[videos no longer exist]

Ever since the announcement and checking into it, been loving the OP and ED with Savage Genius and Roundtable/Nino (of NHK fame <3), respectively. The OP especially has hooked me in big time. :slight_smile:

The show itself looks like a teens with superpowers type show from what I could tell, and I’m really looking forward to it - probably third behind Maria Holic and Hidamari.

Thanks for posting those. I love them! I have this preordered and can’t wait for it!

You and PP need to move out here and open a Section23/Sentai anime theater for me… so I can watch everything. :slight_smile: I’ll bring soda and snacks!

Hmm… not sure how I feel about living in Texas… LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

You know, I’m really loving the animation style of this one. I’m glad I preordered it. I’m looking even more forward to it!

I feel the same about TX. lol I’m in the left coast. :wink:

Yeah the animation style in the intro is very stylish, almost Shaft-like. It can’t come out soon enough.

Dragoon can come live in WI and I’ll go to TX :stuck_out_tongue:

Manga has been out in English for awhile.

The Manga is more supernatural than a superhero Anime.
Even though the Manga is also billed as “superhero”.

The idea behind the Manga may have been a Quartet.
It ends up with at least 5 to 7 “hero” characters involved in battle.

The Battle that had five Katoha (one of the mains) was the missing character off visiting relatives.

Usually same 6 with an additional rotating character.
This was the Manga, which may or may not be close to the Anime.
It would be more accurate to say a group of demons and humans lead by a Quartet to protect their town.

This is most likely a great Anime.

I do recommending reading the Manga.

Congrats on Section 23 coming out with this Anime.

Texas isn’t too bad if you can ignore all the Cowgir… er, Cowboy fans…

Eh, close enough. I only stick to the good parts of the country, and they’re all on the East Coast. :wink: Though we do unfortunately also have Georgia…LOL

Just be happy I got your gender right!

Taking back my recomendation on the Manga for the moment.

Volume 5 came out in September, Checked with B&B there is no date for the next volume.

Considering Volume 5 end in a kinda cliff hanger.

It most likey better to save your money for the Anime.

I did read the side notes where Suzhito Yasuda did mention a delay in Manga due to the anime.

What would you say the story is like?

I would say its Supernatural Slice of life story with combat with a touch of harem.

Besides the character being interested in protecting the town, I am not sure why it is described as Superhero.

Protecting the town is part of their job. Unlike a superhero who chooses to protect a town for their own reasons.

Now that the search works… finally found this thread! :slight_smile:

Yozakura Quartet - Episode 1 “Cherry Blossoms Bloom”

Now available on the Online Player!!

and now available on VOD!!

Is anyone watching this???

I am watching on online player.

I watched on VOD, it is significantly different from the Manga.
I can see how the super-hero slant is being pushed.

Not sure how a demon protecting a town of demons = superhero.
I am aware the definition of a superhero in Japan is different from here.

when I first started watching this show I instently fell in love with this anime by the end of the OP

I am! I am! :smile:

It was a good first episode that left me wanting to see more. A nice introduction of the characters too. Just enough to whet the appetite.