ADV Films Offers Best Buy Exclusives In July

I might have to pick that up, as I really want the extras for this series. But I already bought it two times lol…hmmm IDK. But for that price it’s tempting. Perhaps I should save my money for shows I haven’t seen/don’t own though

Yeah, that’s always a difficult decision to make. I’ve been debating on picking it up as well, as I don’t have the extras on my Platinum Thin Pack.

But just to be clear, I’m not 100% positive this is the Holiday Edition. It’s been reported on AoD and others that that is the case, but I have yet to see it myself. It could still be the Platinum Thin Pack, as most of these releases have been.

Yeah I own the Platinum Thin Pack as well. It’s quite a nice set though. I would of course check if it was the holiday edition or not before I bought it. I know what they look like. This would be the one in the stackpack container with the red banner on the bottom saying “Holiday Edition” or something like that, with Rei and Shinji on the cover.

I just wish ADV never got into the habbit of skipping on the extras on thinpacks, would make my life eaiser. Hmmmm decisions…decisions. It would also be eaiser if I didn’t already buy this show twice already lol. Bought it once and a friend broke a disk on me. He paid me the price of the boxset, and I sold it to him with the broken disk but I used that money on other stuff at the time. Later I bought the thinpack again, and like less then a year after that ADV released this verson with the extras. I was kinda upset :frowning: . Bad timing on my part, as usual. I’m not sure if I have it in my to buy this for a third time lol, even though I really love it.

I can understand why ADV started cutting extras. Basically, it was done to encourage the sales of singles, which they make a lot more money on. Also, the singles are more expensive to the purchaser, so they felt they deserved something more than those who waited for the cheaper box sets.

Stripping the extras is also something that has recently been catching on with other companies. Several of Funi’s recent complete collections stripped extras that were found on the single DVD’s. Though allegedly, that was to save space on the disc.

Personally, I would gladly take back buying singles if it meant we had the variety and quality of titles we had a few years back. Not to mention, more dubs… :stuck_out_tongue: Also, I really miss the sweet art boxes that ADV and others use to put out. :frowning:

Oh yes I too would go back to singles if it meant we got a wider range of titles and more dubs. But I do prefur buying titles all at once in box set form. So there are postives and negatives to this, as there is to everything. However going back to singles would never do that of course lol, but it is a nice thought and I’d totaly go with it if it did work.

And I kinda understand the reasoning with that, but I still don’t like it. I mean sometimes I would buy the singles, sometimes I’d wait for the boxset. Everytime I bought the singles I feel like i got gipped and never got any cool extras, then I buy the boxsets of the shows with the cool extras and they are stripped! Just my luck.

Oh and yes I heard Funi was doing that too. Kinda sucks…

I just tend to look at it as if I’m buying the LE of something. I paid a little bit more, but I did get more with the release. But just like an LE, if I wait too long, then I miss out on the cool extras, and have to go with the one that’s stripped.

Yeah I know what you mean, but still I always had bad luck with that. I would end up buying shows with now real extras, or crappy extras, on singles and then get boxsets of shows with good extras and have them stripped :frowning: . I always stuck out with that.

We should have an Evangelion viewing at one point. I have the top of the line Platinum version which I’ve been meaning to watch - but it’s been on my backlog for a year! I last watched the show like 3 yrs ago or something, so it’s about time I did before the Eva Rebuild 1.11 comes out.

I just got the platinum version as well, and I have not watched the full series. Right stuff had a good deal and I thought it was time.

Hey I still haven’t seen the directors cuts episode! SO don’t feel bad dragoon. that’s been in my backlot for along time now. i wouldn’t be against watching this series again, but I’m not sure I’m in the mood for it right now. Perhaps in a few months?

Sure, anytime before 1.11 would be good. :slight_smile:

The commentaries with Tiffany Grant on the Platinum edition are well worth listing to.

[quote=ShawnMerrow]
The commentaries with Tiffany Grant on the Platinum edition are well worth listing to.[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing that, and “That Little Red Haired Girl” feature. I saw some of it before but will be watching it total once I watch my DVDs. :slight_smile:

There is also an easter egg on the last episode of the Platinum edition. Before the credits start to roll switch to audio track 4 to hear some special comments from Shinji. :laugh:

[quote=psychopuppet]
List:

Gantz: Season 1 & 2 Collection 7/7/09
Blue Seed: Complete Collection 7/14/09
Cromartie High School: Complete Collection 7/14/09
Godannar: Complete Collection 7/21/09 |
Samurai Gun: Complete Collection 7/21/09
Maburaho: Complete Collection 7/28/09 | [/quote]

So far only Samurai Gun, Cromartie High School, Godannar and Maburaho are on my wish list right now

If Best Buy runs out, I can get them online.(probably cheaper)

[quote=Snowy Stampede]

[quote=psychopuppet]
List:

Gantz: Season 1 & 2 Collection 7/7/09
Blue Seed: Complete Collection 7/14/09
Cromartie High School: Complete Collection 7/14/09
Godannar: Complete Collection 7/21/09 |
Samurai Gun: Complete Collection 7/21/09
Maburaho: Complete Collection 7/28/09 | [/quote]

So far only Samurai Gun, Cromartie High School, Godannar and Maburaho are on my wish list right now.

If Best Buy runs out, I can get them online.(probably cheaper)[/quote]

Samurai Gun never materialized so it appears it was canned.

Yeah I just did a sweep of all the animes and none are at the Best Buy near me. That was bound to happen. Amazon still has some copies of Samurai Gun and so does Rightstuf so at least there’s a cushion.

ShawnMerrow wrote:

I heard that before :P. It’s all over the interwebz, kinda hard to miss. But Spike Spencer rules for that alone. Only he could come up with a ran like that. But I gata admit he’s right…