Afro Samurai / Afro Samurai: Resurrection

Afro Samurai

Genres: action, fantasy
Themes: samurai
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: On the dark path of swordsmanship in a “Futuristic” yet Feudal Japan, it is said that the one who becomes No.1 will rule the world. But the only rule in this world is that only the No. 2 is allowed to fight the No. 1. The No. 2, the Afro Samurai, travels the road looking for revenge on the man who murdered his father in front of him when he was just a boy, a three-armed gunman who is the lord of the dark swordsman’s road and the current No. 1.
On the dark path of swordsmanship in a “futuristic” yet feudal Japan, it is said that the one who becomes the No. 1 warrior will rule the world with powers akin to a god. Only the No. 2 warrior is allowed to challenge the No. 1, but anyone can challenge the No. 2. The current No. 2, the Afro Samurai, travels the road looking for revenge on Justice, the man who murdered his father (who was then the No. 1) in front of him when he was just a boy, a skilled gunman who became the current No. 1 after defeating Afro’s father.
Number of episodes: 5
Vintage: 2007-01-04 to 2007-02-01

ANN Info Page
Watch at Funimation

Afro Samurai: Resurrection (movie)

Genres: action, drama
Themes: samurai
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Late one night, Afro is suddenly attacked by Jinno. However, he is unable to protect himself, and Jinno drags him nearby to his father’s grave, where a woman named Sio awaits. She proceeds to take the Number One headband that he possesses, as well as the remains of his dead father’s skull. Before leaving, she tells him to seek and obtain the Number Two headband, if he wants the right to take back his father’s remains. With that, Afro must once again embark on a path of violence in order to let his father rest in peace once again.
Running time: 91 minutes
Vintage: 2009-01-25.

ANN Info Page
Watch at Funimation

I swore I would never actually watch these, however, since FUNi added them to their online player this morning, I figured I might as well try them out over the next few days.

If not for the soundtrack I’d have fully hated this. I felt it was trash with a nice soundtrack. Animation is good ,but that and the music can not save this trash.

I just saw a bunch of copies of these at Big Lots for $3. That still might be about a buck-fitty too much. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm… well I only spent $3 on the disk.

I BOUGHT IT. AT BIG LOTS. WHATS UP NOW???

Very interesting title, Mr. Jackson was very amusing in that.

Same here-it’s where I’ve picked up all of my Funi titles up until now-the only downside is you may not be able to get entire sets. I am missing vol. 3 of Baccano!, Vol. 1 of Claymore, Vol 1 and 6 of Speed Grapher, volumes 2-5 of Hell Girl, and so on. It’s been a good kick start to my anime collection, however!

Finished these up yesterday as well.

Bleh!
Man these were horrible.
I’ll definitely never watch these again for as long as I live.

:ohmy: So what didn’t you like about it?

Fox’s Animation Domination Spoofs Afro Samurai and Other Anime with Steve Urkel-san

posted on 2015-01-26 16:15 EST by Bamboo Dong

not one of their better parodies.

Why You NEED to Watch Afro Samurai - Funimation Flashback EP6