Samurai Girls/Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls & Samurai Bride

Samurai Girls/Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls

Genres: action, comedy, fantasy
Themes: alternate history, conspiracy, ecchi, harem, historical, samurai, split personality, sword fighting, unrequited love, Yandere
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: The story takes place in Japan in the early 21st century, in an alternate reality where the Tokugawa Shogunate has remained in power. In this reality, student councils are tasked with oppressing schools. Yagyuu Muneakira is a high school student who rebels against his student council with the help of girls who’ve had the names of famous samurai heroes passed on to them.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2010-10-03 to 2010-12-19

ANN Info Page

Samurai Bride / Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Bride

Genres: action, comedy, fantasy, romance
Themes: alternate history, conspiracy, ecchi, harem, historical, samurai, split personality, sword fighting, unrequited love, yandere
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: (TAN) Japan attracts all sorts of people with the allure of its history and beauty. However, it also arouses the tendencies of those who seek to do harm. Never fear, the Samurai are here! This is the tale of the great and noble Samurai who serve as guardians of their beloved Japan.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2013-04-05

ANN Info Page
Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Bride Official JP Homepage

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

I may have to catch this later in the day on Sunday, but it looks like another winner for the Anime Network! Just another reason being a Premium member is so worth it!

I’m looking forward to this. Really glad they are getting these simulcast close together. Show looks like an excuse for T&A. Cause seriously those clothes don’t seems like they would provide much protection in battle. Some of the pictures I saw while finding the one I used especially of what I am guessing is the main girl.

It is an excuse for T&A, it’s supposed to be an ecchi, lol.

I was hoping somebody got this for streaming. Can’t wait to see it.

Looks like another great choice for TAN. This type of show is definitely up my alley. Looks like I’ll be watching some T&A before football every Sunday.
Slick

It doesn’t look exactly like my cup of tea, but you never know until you try it. I will have to check this out.

Like I said in the other thread, will check it out when it shows up on VOD.

Samurai Girls, Ep 1, is live at ANO

I really enjoyed Samurai Girls. I am looking forward to Sundays now. Another great one for TAN members. Keep bringing on the hits and the people will come :).

The animation doesn’t look very good but the images on the sides of this website are great. The anime has potential to keep me interested, can’t wait to see another episode.

It did have a rather odd animation style didn’t it? But it did seem like it had a nice plot, I’m gonna have something new to watch from now on.

It’s obvious that girl who came outa the sky will be a main character, but I’m a bit curious as to wtf the story is behind it, it’s a bit odd for what happened. Especially with her calling him Onii-chan.

LOOK!!! Up in the sky: it’s a bird…no, a plane…no, it’s [strike]Superm[/strike]…[strike]Strike Witc[/strike]…Samurai Girls.

I on the other hand think the animation is actually superb. It fits quite well with the overall style of the show: the brush stroke/ink blot effects, the Japanese style artwork reminiscent of both ukiyo-e and irezumi works, a touch of Alphones Mucha and Art Nouveau in the character design, etc.

It’s just like Okami on the Wii, which was also great; or a superb version of those motion comics everyone seems to be putting out nowadays.

As for the alternate-world setting, it leaves open for many juicy possibilities for the show to explore, which I hope it does. It already one-upped Strike Witches just with that opening alone, maybe it’ll one-up Hentalia as well.

Here’s hoping.

Finished up ep. 01

The art style is rather unique, though a tad bit odd, so it’ll take a bit of getting use to for me.
That being said though, the first ep. was actually rather cool, and I can’t wait to find out more of the story and how things turn out.

I think it’s a bit more like Street Fighter 4’s artstyle, the characters are outlined really heavily and the cel shading look is what really makes them stand out, more than anything else. I think you could maybe stick one of the girls from the show straight into SF4 and not miss a beat, haha.

Bah!!!
SF4 is lame.

SSF4, now that’s were it’s at!!!

Juri for the win!!!

P.S. I was gonna add SSF4, but the brush strokes and ink blots kept reminding me of Okami because they were intragal to playing the game, that I forgot to add SSF4 and also certain scenes in Samurai Champloo.

Hmmm, the art style does kinda remind me of Samurai Champloo now that you say it…

I laugh at Juri. Cody is where it’s at.

Meh. I was interested enough to watch another episode. That’s all I have to say.

I have to say very SS4 / okami art style on this series. I will have watch more episodes to see if there is a plot to get into. This simulcast did not excite me as much as when High School of the Dead first aired.