Welcome everyone! Are you looking for something to freshen up your desktop background? Well, you’re in the right place! I will be starting this thread off with some anime themed backgrounds that I have collected from various sharing sources. Check back often for new backgrounds to be added!
NOTICE: This thread is the new home to this topic since glitches happened with the older thread due to the forum upgrade. Please feel free to repost anything old or what is new here now. Thank you.
• If you haven’t already… it would be wise to review the Forum Rules/FAQ.
[quote]Topic #6: Always Be Civil, Forum Rules/FAQ, Cut Quote:
Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.[/quote]
• There are three ways to post a background here…
You can simply just copy the link from the background’s source and paste it into your post. There is no need to use image code brackets for it to display. Please note that the background will be shrunk down to fit within the post, however the full-sized version will still remain and can be seen when clicked on.
If you have a background on your computer to share here, there has been a new feature added to the TAN forums which is mind-blowing… an upload option! When composing your post and looking to upload your background to it, just click the upload icon on the options bar as shown in the below example.
Please note that your background cannot exceed more than 3 megabytes unfortunately.
You can also drag and drop multiple pictures from a folder on your computer directly into a post here. All the pictures will be uploaded just the same. This comes in handy when you have several at a time to post.
If you still choose, you can use an image sharing site to share your backgrounds here too. A few of the most used image sharing sites around here are ImageShack, Imgur and Photobucket. Once it’s uploaded there, snag the code for your background and paste it in here!
• If you plan on posting several backgrounds using an image sharing source, it’s recommended here to use the image thumbnail code (Example: When posted here, only a small version of your background will display. But when clicked on, you will be taken to the original uploaded location… that location being ImageShack, Imgur or Photobucket.) This saves on loading time and upload bandwidth from the source.
• Please note that if you use Photobucket to upload your backgrounds, you will need to make sure that you have the ‘Allow others to copy my photos & videos’ privacy option check-boxed. If you do not, others will not be able to use the download option to access the full-sized version of your background.
• Please make sure to only post images that are at least of background size. (Example: Common background sizes, 1024x768 - 1920x1080.) Your backgrounds don’t have to be those exact sizes, but just make sure that they are not too small.
• When choosing what background to post, please make sure that they are of high quality. Try not to post something that is too degraded and heavily compressed. I recommend saving your backgrounds in PNG format rather than JPEG to help with this. Or, use software that allows you to change the compression ratio.