Anime Next News & Notes

Multiple threads have been merged to create this thread

###This is the AnimeNEXT News thread.
Effective April 2, 2015

Only post article/news/notes about Anime Next conventions OR about anime that doesn’t already have an existing thread.

Anything posted here that already has an existing thread will either be moved to that thread or deleted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

AnimeNEXT 2010
AnimeNEXT 2011
AnimeNEXT 2012
AnimeNEXT 2013
AnimeNEXT 2014
AnimeNEXT 2015
AnimeNEXT 2016

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Date: June 18th-20th 2010
Guest of Honor: GASHICON and possibly another to be named.
Musical Guest: STEREOPONY (Music been used for 17th ending theme for Bleach and Gundam 00’s second opening theme)
Voice Actors/Other Guests:
Kyle Hebert
Stacie Renna
Tony Oliver
Greg Aryes
Martin “LittleKuriboh” Billany and Kroze
Kevin Mckeever, Chris Malone (web artist), Dave Lister (web artist), Eirik Blackwolf (web artist), Uncle Yo (very funny anime comedian), and Sleeping Samurai
Events: AMV Contest, Masquerade, Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Karaoke, Panels and Workshops
6 Weeks to con and I am looking forward to it. Wanted to see anyone else was going from the board though last year had no luck.

Supermutant wrote:

[quote]SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Guest of Honor: GASHICON and possibly another to be named.
Musical Guest: STEREOPONY
Kyle Hebert
Stacie Renna
Tony Oliver
Greg Aryes
Martin “LittleKuriboh” Billany and Kroze
Kevin Mckeever, Chris Malone, Dave Lister, Eirik Blackwolf, Uncle Yo, and Sleeping Samurai
Events: AMV Contest, Masquerade, Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Karaoke, Panels and Workshops
6 Weeks to con and I am looking forward to it. Wanted to see anyone else was going from the board though last year had no luck.[/quote]

I may go this year. I missed it last year, but went 2 years back. I had a great time.
Slick

I hope you are able to make it this year. This is my seventh year in a row I have gone to it. I am looking forward to seeing Tony Oliver myself because he played Lupin III in Piooner/geneon dub of lupin. It is great that Greg is coming back this year after canceling last minute due to the health issues he has had in recent years. I got to find a way actuallly attend a full performance of Uncle Yo. Guy is really funny.

Ohhhhh… it would almost be worth taking a trip up to New Jersey just to see STEREOPONY. Greg Ayres is hilarious & a total sweetheart! Hope you have a fantastic this year! Be sure to share your pictures with us!

They have their own AMV contest, that’s pretty cool.

I will be taking pictures. Always do. Here is some from previous years including last year from my deviantart page:
http://supermutant2099.deviantart.com/gallery/#Pics-from-Anime-Next
http://supermutant2099.deviantart.com/gallery/#Anime-Next-2009

This is anime next’s deviantart page with photos from previous years too:
http://animenext.deviantart.com/

I have been to Anime Next in the past, and had planned on going this year, but unfortunately I won’t be able to. My store’s physical inventory got moved from October to August, so my black out period for request offs starts that week. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve got to visit Dave Lister’s table. I have several original pieces from him. He is one of the very best.Get something from him. Oh, hell… get something for me

visit his site at http://paradox-lost.com/

Maybe I will but I haven’t bought much at the artist ally before. The only things was a sailor moon last year and a couple of years ago a tenchi muyo bookmark and a soundwave (from g1 transformers) bookmark.
By the way they announced yesterday the second guest of honor who is director of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Moribito, and director and creator of Eden Of The East.

SPECIFIC INFORMATION
This years is ANext 10th anniversary. I thought post again this year if it’s okay.

About a month out from this years and wanted to see if anyone else is going this year. I’m hosting my first panel at this years.
SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Musical Guest: Berry Kobo and 砂月-SATSUKI-
Leah Clark (Eden Of East, Soul Eater, Sgt. Frog) (ADR Director)
C.R.A.Z.Y.O.T.A.K.U.
Kara Edwards (Heaven’s Lost Property, Dragonball)
Toshihiro Fukuoka (directing and producing the MIKUNOPOLIS 2011 concert in Los Angeles, a concert by the famous 3D CG idol star Hatsune Miku)
GRAMM Designer Z8 (Z-Ann)
Kyle Hebert (Gurren Lagaan, Street Fighter IV)
Michele Knotz (Pokemon)
Kevin McKeever
All New Issues
Interrobang Studios’ KEVIN BOLK
Events: AMV Contest, Masquerade, Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Karaoke, Panels and Workshops.

I went last year, and there was some pretty cool stuff. Aside from the Trina Nishimura disaster, the narrow bridge connecting the convention center to the main hotel, and the problems with the AMV contest (which still has issues this year), I had a pretty awesome time.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it this year. As of right now, the guest list isn’t that great IMO (Except for Kara Edwards, I’ve met them all multiple times). AnimeNEXT has a habit of releasing guests up to the (and even beyond) pre-reg deadline, which is cool and all, but makes planning to go difficult.

I just re-read your restating of the guest list and…did Chuck Huber cancel on AnimeNEXT too?!

On a tangent, I know that I’ll be going to Anime Mid-Atlantic, which is the very next weekend. With a con on the very next weekend, I’ll need more than just 2 awesome guests and 1 potential autograph before I can commit.

Yes, he did cancel.

[quote=“Slowhand” post=115587]

Yes, he did cancel.[/quote]

Well, that’s not cool at all. Maybe he’ll get another guest to take his place. I’ll hold out hope for that. Two cons canceled after being an announced guest for weeks, if not months. Is he trying to be the next Chris Patton? :frowning: If so, he faces some stiff competition from Travis Willingham.

If nothing else, maybe animenext can get a replacement guest itself. Last year, when Wendee Lee “hurt her foot” and canceled fairly last minute on the con, they managed to replace her with the mich-cooler Greg Ayres anyhow.

I bet they will come up with a replacement. I wonder why Wendee lee canceled as I hadn’t heard why. If you do come then I hope you have fun.

About 3 weeks out from this years and wanted to see if anyone else is going this year.
SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Musical Guest: Chipocrite and Moonstream
Akinori Isobe – BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT CEO
Masumi Kano – BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT Designer
Saki Tachibana – BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT Designer
Chris Carson (Hetalia, DBZ, Sgt. Frog)
MINT NeKO
Mike Pollock (Sonic X, Kirby, Yu-Gi-Oh GX)
Greg Ayres (Big Windup, Saiyuki, Deadman Wonderland)
C.R.A.Z.Y.O.T.A.K.U.
Uncle Yo
Hiro Usuda (Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4)
Mike Toole
Bill Rogers (Pokemon)
Michele Knotz (Pokemon)
TOMMY YUNE
STEVE YUN
Kevin McKeever
Events: AMV Contest, Fashion Shows, Masquerade, Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Karaoke, Panels and Workshops.

The guest list for 2013 is missing 3 voice actors when compared to the 2011 guest list.

Lame :frowning:

I noticed. A little hard to not to with people complaining on board. They did just announce Hiroshi Shimizu (A Women Named Fujiko, Princess Monoke, and more), Sayo Yamamoto (Fujiko, Redline, Eva 2.0, Highschool Of The Dead), Greg Houser (Eva, Shiki, Tales Of Vespa). Plus The Asterplace to play the closing ceremonies.

Odds are lower now that I’ll be going than they were before. The con has some awesome “signature panels” and some other attractions that are guest-independent but since I’ll be doing a con the very next weekend I’d need a kick-ass guest list to secure my attendance. They also need a “new” new location as the Garden State Convention Center blows. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it; the con just won’t admit it. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is not a kick-ass guest list.

The 2 Japanese (anime) guests are actually intriguing IMO but I: a) wish they’d been announced earlier & b)wish they had a more solid NA actor list to “back them up”. Greg Houser sounds somewhat interesting; he’d be more interesting if he had some real credits to his name in anime (ANN doesn’t even list his character names for his 3 shows).

About 2 weeks out from this years and wanted to see if anyone else is going this year.
SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Musical Guest: Luna Haruna, ROOKiEZ is PUNK’D, Chipocrite
Hiromi Wakabayashi (Studio Trigger)
Shigeto Koyama (Kill la Kill)
Acryl agitt Designer Daisuke Ichikawa
galaxxxy
kimura U
MATENROU OPERA bassist yo
Jonathan Klein (produced and directed)
Matthew Mercer (Fate/Zero, Resident Evil)
Greg Houser (Ikki Tousen)
Alexis Tipton (Rosario+Vampire and Baka and Test)
Bill Rogers (Pokemon)
Josh Grelle (Kenichi and Baka and Test)
Michele Knotz (Pokemon)
Ellyn Stern
Richard Epcar (Lupin III)
Marc Swint (Mass Effect: Paragon Lost and Anime Abandoned)
C.R.A.Z.Y.O.T.A.K.U.
Charles Dunbar
Daryl Surat
Gerald Rathkolb
Events: AMV Contest, Fashion Shows, Masquerade, Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Karaoke, Panels and Workshops.