Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, horror, psychological, thriller
Themes: Dystopia, gore, military, post-apocalyptic, shapeshifting, superpowers, titans/giants, tragedy
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by enclosing themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.
Number of episodes: 25 + Recap
Vintage: 2013-04-06

Attack on Titan info on ANN
Attack on Titan Official JP Website

Episodes on Adult Swim
  1. To You, in 2000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina (May 3, 2014)
  2. That Day: The Fall of Shiganshina (May 10)
  3. Dim Light Amid Despair: Humanity’s Comeback (May 17)
  4. The Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity’s Comeback (May 24)
  5. First Battle: The Struggle for Trost (May 31)
  6. The World the Girl Saw: The Struggle for Trost (June 7)
  7. Small Blade: The Struggle for Trost (June 14)
  8. I Can Hear His Heartbeat: The Struggle for Trost (June 21)
  9. Whereabouts of His Left Arm: The Struggle for Trost (June 28)
  10. Response: The Struggle for Trost (July 12)
  11. Idol: The Struggle for Trost (July 19)
  12. Wound: The Struggle for Trost (July 26)
  13. Primal Desire: The Struggle for Trost (August 2)
  14. Can’t Look Into His Eyes: Eve of the Counterattack (August 9)
  15. Special Operations Squad: Eve of the Counterattack (August 16)
  16. What Needs to be Done Now: Eve of the Counterattack (August 23)
  17. Female Titan: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission (September 6)
  18. Forest of Giant Trees: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission (September 13)
  19. Bite: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission (September 20)
  20. Erwin Smith: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission (September 27)
  21. Crushing Blow: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission (October 4)
  22. Defeated: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission (October 11)
  23. Smile: Assault on Stohess (October 18)
  24. Mercy: Assault on Stohess (October 25)
  25. Wall: Assault on Stohess (November 1, 2014) FINALE

Attack on Titan: Junior High / Shingeki! Kyojin Chūgakkō

Genres: action, comedy
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: The parody re-imagines Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and other characters from the original manga as students and teachers at Titan Junior High School.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2015-10-03

ANN Info Page

Attack on Titan: Second Season

Themes: dystopia, military, post-apocalyptic, shapeshifting, superpowers, titans/giants, tragedy
Plot Summary: Eren Jaeger swore to wipe out every last Titan, but in a battle for his life he wound up becoming the thing he hates most. With his new powers, he fights for humanity’s freedom facing the monsters that threaten his home. After a bittersweet victory against the Female Titan, Eren finds no time to rest—a horde of Titans is approaching Wall Rose and the battle for humanity continues.
Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2017-04-01 to 2017-06-17

ANN Info Page

Episodes on Toonami
  1. Beast Titan (April 22, 2017)
  2. I’m Home (April 29, 2017)
  3. Southwestward (May 6, 2017)
  4. Soldier (May 13, 2017)
  5. Historia (May 20, 2017)
  6. Warrior (June 3, 2017)
  7. Close Combat (June 10, 2017)
  8. Hunters (June 17, 2017)
  9. Opening (June 24, 2017)
  10. Children (July 8, 2017)
  11. Charge (July 15, 2017)
  12. Scream (July 22, 2017) FINALE

Attack on Titan: Third Season

Themes: dystopia, military, post-apocalyptic, shapeshifting, superpowers, titans/giants, tragedy
Plot Summary: Eren and his companions in the 104th are assigned to the newly-formed Levi Squad, whose assignment is to keep Eren and Historia safe given Eren’s newly-discovered power and Historia’s knowledge and pedigree. Levi and Erwin have good reason to be concerned, because the priest of the Church that Hange had hidden away was found tortured to death, making it clear that the Military Police are involved with the cover-up. Things get more harrowing when the MPs make a move on Erwin and the Levi Squad narrowly avoids capture. Eren is also having problems with his Titan transformation, and a deadly killer has been hired to secure Eren and Historia, one Levi knows all too well from his youth.
Number of Episodes: 24
Vintage: 2018-07-22

ANN Info Page

Episodes on Toonami
  1. Smoke Signal (August 18, 2018)
  2. Pain (August 25, 2018)
  3. Old Story (September 8, 2018)
  4. Trust (September 15, 2018)
  5. Reply (September 22, 2018)
  6. Sin (September 29, 2018)
  7. Wish (October 6, 2018)
  8. Outside The Walls Of Orvud District (October 13, 2018)
  9. Ruler of the Walls (October 20, 2018)
  10. Friends (October 27, 2018)
  11. Bystander (November 3, 2018)
  12. Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall (November 10, 2018)

Attack on Titan Fourth Season

Plot Summary: Hoping to retake Wall Maria and find the answers humanity seeks in Grisha’s basement, Eren, Mikasa, Armin and the rest of the Scout Regiment return to the town where everything began: Shiganshina.
Number of Episodes: 10
Vintage: 2019-04-28

ANN Info Page

Episodes on Toonami
  1. The Town Where Everything Began (May 25, 2019)
  2. Thunder Spears (June 1, 2019)
  3. Descent (June 8, 2019)
  4. Perfect Game (June 15, 2019)
  5. Hero (June 22, 2019)
  6. Midnight Sun (June 29, 2019)
  7. The Basement (July 6, 2019)
  8. That Day (July 13, 2019)
  9. Attack Titan (July 20, 2019)
  10. The Other Side of the Wall (July 27, 2019) FINALE

Attack on Titan The Final Season

Number of Episodes: 16
Vintage: 2020-12-7

Part 3 - 8 eps

ANN Info Page

Episodes on Toonami
  1. The Other Side of the Sea (January 9, 2021)
  2. Midnight Train (January 16, 2021)
  3. The Door of Hope (January 23, 2021)
  4. From One Hand to Another (January 30, 2021)
  5. Declaration of War (February 5, 2021)
  6. The War Hammer Titan (February 13, 2021)
  7. Assault (February 20, 2021)
  8. Assassin’s Bullet (February 27, 2021)
  9. Brave Volunteers (March 13, 2021)
  10. A Sound Argument (March 20, 2021)
  11. Deceiver (March 27, 2021)
  12. Guides (April 3, 2021)
  13. Children of the Forest (April 10, 2021)
  14. Savagery (April 17, 2021)
  15. Sole Salvation (April 24, 2021)
  16. Above and Below (May 1, 2021)
  17. Judgment (February 12, 2022)
  18. Sneak Attack (February 19, 2022)
  19. Two Brothers (February 26, 2022)
  20. Memories of the Future (March 5, 2022)
  21. From You, 2,000 Years Ago (March 12, 2022)
  22. Thaw (March 19, 2022)
  23. Sunset (March 26, 2022)
  24. Pride (April 2, 2022)
  25. Night of the End (April 9, 2022)
  26. Traitor (April 16, 2022)
  27. Retrospective (April 23, 2022)
  28. The Dawn of Humanity (April 30, 2022)
  29. The Final Chapters Special 1 (September 9, 2023)

Attack on Titan Part I: Crimson Bow and Arrow (movie) Vintage: 2014-11-22
Attack on Titan Part II: Wings of Freedom (movie) Vintage: 2015-06-27
Attack on Titan: No Regrets (OAV) Vintage: 2014-12-09
Attack on Titan: Ilse’s Journal (OAV) Vintage: 2013-12-09

Funimation Streams Attack on Titan TV Anime

posted on 2013-04-12 18:48 EDT
Adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s acclaimed battle manga begins streaming

Crunchyroll Also Streams Attack on Titan TV Anime

posted on 2013-04-13 01:50 EDT
Adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s acclaimed battle manga begins streaming on Sunday

So this started on CR today and I figured I’d try it out to see what all the hype was about.
I just finished up the first episode and I have to say, that was actually a pretty damn good opening episode!
I’ll definitely be keeping up with the rest of the series since it’s on CR as well.

Go Back! There’s one more episode[#2] up. I concur Coffee, this show looks promising.

I was just looking at this on CR, but now I think I will watch it as well.

Thanks guys!

I’m torn as the plot summary sounds interesting but the trailers look pretty bad. The trailers remind me of Chrome Shelled Regios and I was not a fan of that.

Does this show actually have depth? I hope that it does.

I guess that I’ll check it out, though now I have to decide via which provider I wish to procure it.

I teared up twice in the first episode.
Both times, for characters we barely even knew up to this point.
In the first case, it was someone we’d only seen for like a split second or two at the very opening of the show.
It has a surprising amount of emotional strength, as for actual depth though, as I haven’t read the manga and have only watched 2 episodes, I couldn’t tell you how deep it actually gets.

As for where, I’d say go with CR, as the FUNi stream is currently Subscription Only and they haven’t put up Ep. 02 yet.

I thought the first episode was pretty impressive. Great music too!

Attack on Titan Designer Recruits Animators by Twitter

posted on 2013-04-23 02:55 EDT
Chief animation director Kyoji Asano posts ad for Wit Studio

I find this disconcerting.

Episode 2 –

spoiler

Wow – another emotional episode. Spectacular so far!

That one huge giant looks as if he’s outgrowing his skin. And he seems to really have it in for the humans. The rest of the Titans just seem to be going with the flow, without any real purpose other than eating.

Ep. 04

Man, I love the OP for this!

So it looks like Eren will get his first shoit at the colossal titan next episode!

Episode 3 –

spoiler

For all his resolve, Eren almost didn’t make training. I’m glad it was the belt and not him. But I have a feeling that someone damaged his belt on purpose. We shall see.

I’ve been watching this anime and have been enjoying it very much. Great concept.
Slick

Ep. 05 is now up.
Only up to 720p though. No 1080p.

-edit-
And the 1080p is now up.

Because I might be more safe here discussing without getting spoilers on the show,
EPISODE 5
Eren is going to have to pull off a heck of a magic act to come back from being chomped down on.
It would be interesting if you could kill a titan from the inside out. Oh, and how did his basic trainers know that cutting the back of the neck actually kills a Titan? Does anyone think Pixi has a funny name, but can possibly kick some Titan butt?

Anyhow, fun titles thus far.

Episode 4 -

spoiler

Eren finally realizes that those that can fight the Titans are the least likely to be sent to fight them. At graduation, the trainees are given a choice – Garrison, Survey Corps, or Military Police. However, only the top ten may opt for the Military Police – the job furthest away from fighting Titans. Eren is in that top ten but chooses the Survey Corps. His fellow trainees are surprised, but Eren had always intended to kill the Titans. He accuses the others of letting their hard work go to waste as they hide in the interior. Even when Eren is told he can’t survive, he is still passionate in his beliefs and tells everyone that “humanity isn’t finished yet!” Armin and Mikasa will join Eren of course, but a few unexpected others will also join the Survey Corps since his words fired them up to fight!

But as this discussion takes place up on the wall, the Colossal is suddenly there! They are all blown of the wall as it is breached. Those that thought to use their gear are somewhat saved, but the others……….

Eren is suddenly reminded of the events five years ago and his resolve to kill the Titans strengthens. He calls to his teammates to “prepare for combat” as he goes off to face the Colossal. This is so exciting!!

Attack on Titan Staff Apologizes for Unfinished Episodes on 3 Stations

posted on 2013-05-09 22:40 EDT

:frowning:
Ep. 06 is delayed as well.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

Availability Information

Due to a materials delay, episode 6 will be delayed until later in the day. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. (The time above does not represent an expected release time.)

:frowning:
Looks like the Ep. 06 delay will be longer than they expected.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

Availability Information

Due to a materials delay, episode 6 will be delayed until later in the day. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. (The time above does not represent an expected release time.)

Update: The delay was longer than was expected. However, we anticipate having the video up within the next 12 hours barring anything else going wrong. (Around or before approximately 9am PT on Monday.) We thank you for your continued patience.

Please see this post for some additional details:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-803059/attack-on-titan-air-time?fpid=43156915[/quote]