Berserk / Kenpū Denki Berserk

Berserk / Kenpū Denki Berserk

a153fbe510923bc081dabd6c748208b193548f9d_hq

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, horror
Themes: bloodshed, demons, medieval, middle ages, sword-fights, war
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Guts, a man who calls himself “The Black Swordsman” looks upon his days serving as a member of a group of mercenaries, the Band of the Hawk, nicknamed “the Grim Reaper of the Battlefield.” Led by an ambitious, ruthless, and intelligent man named Griffith, together they battle their way into the royal court, and are forced into a fate that may change their entire lives.
Number of episodes: 25
Vintage: 1997-10-07 to 1998-03-31

ANN Info Page

Berserk (TV 2016)

Genres: action, fantasy
Plot Summary: Spurred by the flame raging in his heart, the Black Swordsman Guts continues his seemingly endless quest for revenge. Standing in his path are heinous outlaws, delusional evil spirits, and a devout child of god.Even as it chips away at his life, Guts continues to fight his enemies, who wield repulsive and inhumane power, with nary but his body and sword—his strength as a human.
Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2016-07-01

ANN Info Page

Berserk (TV 2017)

Genres: fantasy, horror
Plot Summary: Spurred by the flame raging in his heart, the Black Swordsman Guts continues his seemingly endless quest for revenge. Standing in his path are heinous outlaws, delusional evil spirits, and a devout child of god. Even as it chips away at his life, Guts continues to fight his enemies, who wield repulsive and inhumane power, with nary but his body and sword—his strength as a human.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2017-04-07

ANN Info Page

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King (movie) Vintage: 2012-02-04
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II - The Battle for Doldrey (movie) Vintage: 2012-06-23
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III - The Advent (movie) Vintage: 2013-02-01

Also known as “Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago.”

Nearly fifteen years after the Berserk television anime, Kentaro Miura’s manga series has received a new anime adaptation in the first in a trilogy of films, Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler), helmed by director Toshiyuki Kubooka (Batman: Gotham Knight episode 5) and animated by Studio 4°C.

to read continue the rest of this article follow the link to ANN’s website.

if anyone hasn’t seen the tv episodes or read the manga you really should check them out.

I wonder if they might end up doing all of the manga that is out even though only a few movies are planned.

The Berserk project itself is planning to adapt the entire manga, though it’s currently unknown what form the full adaption will take.
They’re starting with 3 films though, covering the Golden Age Arc.

At first I was like: Yeah! Finally, more Guts, more glory. But then I found out it’s just a retelling of the anime series, and then I was like: um…[size=1]yeah[/size], 'kay, that’s cool.

So yeah.

Berserk Golden Age Arc II Film’s Trailer Streamed

posted on 2012-03-19 18:45 EDT
Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen II: Doldrey Kōryaku to open in Japan on June 23

Viz Media Licenses Berserk Film Trilogy

posted on 2012-04-07 16:35 EDT
1st film to be released in N. America this fall; Viz to simulcast Rock Lee spinoff TV anime

Berserk Films to be Distributed in 16 Countries Globally

posted on 2012-04-09 20:12 EDT
Trilogy of anime films based on Kentaro Miura manga coming to North America, Australia, Europe, Asia

Anybody but Viz damn it.

Berserk Golden Age Arc II Film’s Special Preview Streamed

posted on 2012-05-28 08:55 EDT
Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen II: Doldrey Kōryaku to open in Japan on June 23

No kidding, I also wish them far far away from anything I like or am interested in, because half the time it will be dropped mid-release. :angry:

I wonder if Media Blaster will release a remaster version of what they have. I sort of see the Berserk anime of these going for a remaster and if it could happen, a blu-ray release.

Media Blasters already released a remastered version of the show. However, it was only on DVD.

That wasn’t really a remaster. That was just them doing a different video encoding, the true film wasn’t remastered, like what they did with Rayearth. And it had a very limited print run, it’s no longer in print.

Viz to Release 1st Berserk Film on BD/DVD on November 27

posted on 2012-08-07 16:00 EDT
Film also to premiere on PS3’s Neon Alley service this fall

I’m still a little unsure if I want to get this. I mean, it’s the same arc as the TV series, which I can just pop in and watch the whole thing now, instead of waiting for all three movies to come out.

And from the clips I’ve seen, it’s not a really pretty movie…

But Nov. is quite awhile away so I have time to make my final decision.

3rd Berserk Film’s Poster Reveals January 2013 Delay

posted on 2012-08-23 02:10 EDT
Tagline: “It is all a part of the flow of causality”

Berserk Golden Age Arc III Film’s 1st Teaser Streamed

posted on 2012-08-28 13:45 EDT
Climactic Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin to open in Japan next January

Berserk Golden Age Arc I Film’s 1st English Dub Trailer Streamed

posted on 2012-08-31 18:20 EDT
1st film to premiere on Neon Alley service this fall; DVD/BD release slated for November 27

NY Comic Con to Screen Mass Effect, 1st Berserk Film

posted on 2012-09-20 19:30 EDT
October 11-14 event to also screen 3rd Naruto Shippūden film