Beyond the Boundary / Kyōkai no Kanata

[quote=“The Coffee God”]

[quote=“celestial_being”]
Sadly otakon tends to be the place where acquisitions are announced, as opposed to where near-future awesome releases are announced, which is rather brutal as it is a lot of hype then for properties that take at least a year to come out, case-in-point: Sunday Without God (14 months), Fate/Illya (13 months).[/quote]
I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at with this.
If they’re simulcast announcements, of course the release will be much later.
For the 2 examples you used…

Sunday Without God - 8 month turn around between final JP volume and ENG collection
Fate/Illya - 8 month turn around between final JP volume and ENG collection

This really goes without saying for any simulcast announcement, regardless of where their announced, be it at AX (which will probably have a few) or Otakon (which will also probably have a few).[/quote]
What I’m getting at is that the announcements at Otakon, and not just from Sentai, have a history of being ones that are for products that are not in the near future. Last year the “hype train” was made up of Rescue Releases and acquisitions like the aforementioned 2. When otakon rolls around this year will any of them have been released? So far, the answer looks to be no. :frowning:

Spice it up a bit by bringing some (preferably all) more pertinent, more realized announcements to otakon and giving some (if not all) of the nebulous “we’ll release this thing sometime in the distant future…maybe” stuff to AX. Besides the (horrible) announcement that the “bluray rule” had ended there were precious few “near future” announcements from Sentai @ Otakon 2013.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-01/beyond-the-boundary-gets-anime-film-in-spring-2015/.76204

Beyond the Boundary Gets Anime Film in Spring 2015

posted on 2014-07-01 21:30 EDT

Sentai Filmworks licensed original television series that aired last year

The official website for Kyoto Animation’s Beyond the Boundary (Kyōkai no Kanata) anime series announced on Wednesday that the series will get an anime film in spring 2015. The seventh Blu-ray Disc volume of the television series also made the same announcement when it shipped on Wednesday.

The seventh volume also included episode 0, titled “Shinnome” (Daybreak), as well as two new "Kyōkai no Kanata Idol Saiban! ~Mayoi Nagaramo Kimi o Sabaku-min (Beyond the Boundary Idol Trial! Those Who Judge You Even While Lost) shorts. Kyoto Animation previously posted the first three shorts online.

The dark fantasy follows a high school second-year student named Akihito Kanbara (KENN). Although the boy appears human, he is half Yōmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets first-year student Mirai Kuriyama (Risa Taneda) when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among the Under World Warriors. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

The television anime premiered in Japan in October and Crunchyroll streamed the anime into several countries as it aired. Sentai Filmworks also announced in October that it licensed the anime for North America.

Nagomu Torii’s original Kyōkai no Kanata light novel received an honorable mention in the novel category of the Kyoto Animation Award program in 2011.

http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=46

10:49:47 <bay|AX|Sentai> and this next box set…
10:49:50 <bay|AX|Sentai> Beyond the Boundary
10:49:54 <bay|AX|Sentai> Super limited deluxe edition
10:49:59 <bay|AX|Sentai> filled with awesome extras and more

This is one of the flyers Sentai was passing out at AX.

I still don’t understand this show’s appeal but the box does look pretty cool. That promo image that they’ve put on the box was the best thing that I’ve found about the show lol.

I’m not sure about the spine and I would like to see the other 4 sides of the box :slight_smile:

Edit: I’m going to purchase this one just because, but if one of those “amazing surprises” is a commentary track (what could be more amazing or surprising than that?) then I’d even buy more than one.

Megane Moe.
That, and it’s a KyoAni series.

That being said, I’m definitely getting this, as I really liked the series (as did my roomie).

[quote]Q: Is there an english version of this series “Beyond the Boundary”?

A: Our Box Set release will include a brand new English dub.[/quote]

Not that there was really a doubt with this, but Sentai confirmed BtB will have a dub.

Q. Will we be seeing more collector’s editions if Chunibyo, HoTD, etc sell well?

A. Strong possibility. We are also putting out Beyond the Boundary as a box set too. :slight_smile:

[size=20]Beyond the Boundary Film’s Announcement Ad Posted[/size]
posted on 2014-09-25 00:20 EDT
Film version of TV anime series to open in Japan in spring 2015

Kyoto Animation began streaming an announcement ad for the movie version of its Kyōkai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) anime franchise on Thursday. The film will open in spring 2015.

[quote]Mirai: From now on I am going to the place that sempai is at.
Text: You changed for me…
Mirai: I will go and destroy what is beyond the boundary.
Text: This world matured in solitude
Mirai: I’m glad I was born. I’m really glad I met you sempai.
Text: That’s why I—
Mirai: Truly…
Akihito: Kuriyama-san![/quote]
The dark fantasy television anime series follows a high school second-year student named Akihito Kanbara (KENN). Although the boy appears human, he is half Yōmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets first-year student Mirai Kuriyama (Risa Taneda) when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among the Under World Warriors. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

The television anime premiered in Japan last October and Crunchyroll streamed the anime into several countries as it aired. Sentai Filmworks also announced in October that it licensed the anime for North America.

Nagomu Torii’s original Kyōkai no Kanata light novel received an honorable mention in the novel category of the Kyoto Animation Award program in 2011.

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/523230563570679808

Q) well I meant like why haven’t we been able to give you guys our money so we can own it?

A) All in due time. :slight_smile:

Beyond the Boundary Teaser Reveals 2 Films Opening in Spring

posted on 2014-11-28 23:35 EST

Kako-hen recounts TV anime’s events, brand-new Mirai-hen is set 1 year later

The official website for the Beyond the Boundary anime franchise announced on Saturday that next spring’s film project, Gekijō-ban Kyōkai no Kanata -I’ll Be Here- (Beyond the Boundary the Movie: I’ll Be Here), will have two parts. Kako-hen (The Past) will open on March 14, and Mirai-hen (The Future) will open on April 25. The website also began streaming the first teaser trailer, which starts running in theaters this weekend:

Mirai: Now, I am here… in the world that I spent time with you. It was a memory of the beyond. I’ll be the one to decide the future. Gekijō-ban Kyōkai no Kanata -I’ll Be Here-.

A poster visual debuted on Saturday, with the tagline, “In order to stay myself”:

Kako-hen will recount the events of the television series, centering on Mirai Kuriyama. Mirai-hen will be a brand-new work, set one year after the television series.

The following staff and cast are returning from the television series:

• Director: Taichi Ishidate
• Screenplay: Jukki Hanada
• Character Design: Miku Kadowaki
• Animation Production: Kyoto Animation
• Production: Kyōkai no Kanata Production Committee

• Risa Taneda as Mirai Kuriyama
• Kenn as Akihito Kanbara
• Minori Chihara as Mitsuki Nase
• Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Hiroomi Nase

Shochiku is distributing the films.

Participating theaters will begin selling a limited number of advance tickets with bonuses on December 27. A set of ticket for both films will come with a dual-pocket clear file folder (pictured above) illustrated by Kadowaki. A ticket for either film will come with one of two diffrent clear file folders (pictured below), also illustrated by Kadowaki.

The dark fantasy television anime series follows a high school second-year student named Akihito Kanbara (KENN). Although the boy appears human, he is half Yōmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets first-year student Mirai Kuriyama (Risa Taneda) when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among the Under World Warriors. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

The television anime premiered in Japan last year, and Crunchyroll streamed the anime into several countries as it aired. Sentai Filmworks also announced that it licensed the anime for North America.

[size=20]1st Beyond the Boundary Film’s TV Spot Looks Back at Story From TV Series[/size]
posted on 2015-01-01 08:00 EST
1st of 2 films retells events of TV series, opens in Japan on March 14

A TV spot for the upcoming Gekijō-ban Kyōkai no Kanata -I’ll Be Here- Kako-hen (Beyond the Boundary the Movie: I’ll Be Here - Past Chapter) film began airing in Japan this week:

[video has been terminated]

[quote]Text: Movie
Mirai: Now, I’m going to go where you are, senpai.
Text: You changed
Mirai: I’ll go, and defeat what’s Beyond the Boundary.
Text: This world filled with loneliness.
Mirai: I’m glad I was born. I’m glad I was able to meet you, senpai.
Text: That’s why, I…
Text on phone: It’s not unpleasant.
Mirai: Really…!
Akihito: Kuriyama![/quote]
Kako-hen will recount the events of the television series, centering on the heroine Mirai Kuriyama, and a second film with the title Gekijō-ban Kyōkai no Kanata -I’ll Be Here- Mirai-hen will be a brand-new work, set one year after the television series. Kako-hen will open in Japanese theaters on March 14, and Mirai-hen will premiere on April 25.

The following staff and cast are returning from the television series:
• Director: Taichi Ishidate
• Screenplay: Jukki Hanada
• Character Design: Miku Kadowaki
• Animation Production: Kyoto Animation
• Production: Kyōkai no Kanata Production Committee

• Risa Taneda as Mirai Kuriyama
• Kenn as Akihito Kanbara
• Minori Chihara as Mitsuki Nase
• Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Hiroomi Nase

Shochiku is distributing the films.

Participating theaters began selling a limited number of advance tickets with bonuses on December 27. A set of ticket for both films come with a dual-pocket clear file folder (pictured above) illustrated by Kadowaki. A ticket for either film will come with one of two different clear file folders (pictured below), also illustrated by Kadowaki.

The television anime premiered in Japan last year, and Crunchyroll streamed the anime into several countries as it aired. Sentai Filmworks also announced that it licensed the anime for North America.

So I was watching my Golden Time Collection 2 BDs tonight.
And right after the FBI warning, there was a Beyond the Boundary trailer. It used the OP song and had no dates or anything really out of the ordinary, but I wonder if that means we’ll see the LE on the May 2015 solicitations near the end of the month.

It was just a musing on my part, since it had a trailer, but someone posted my FP post (the same post as here) to the Sentai FB page, and Sentai responded.
Though as to be expected, it was a pretty standard “We can’t say.” response.

https://www.facebook.com/SentaiFilmworks/posts/771522129596016

Sentai Filmworks - Can’t really say when, but it is definitely coming!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/14/video-trailer-for-beyond-the-boundary-two-part-films-featuring-theme-song-by-minori-chihara
[size=20]Trailer for “Beyond the Boundary” Two-Part Films Featuring Theme Song by Minori Chihara[/size]
The theme song CD will be released on April 22
February 14, 2015 6:50am CST

Kyoto Animation’s official website for the upcoming two-part feature films Beyond the Boundary the Movie: I’ll Be Here today updated with a new key visual and 90-second trailer introducing the theme song “Aitakatta Sora” (The sky I’ve wanted to see) sung by Minori Chihara. Her 18th single “Kyoukai no Kanata” was used as the OP song for the 2013 TV anime, and she has also voiced Mitsuki Nase in the anime series. The CD single of the theme song will be released as her 21st single on April 22.

The 12-episode TV anime, based on Nagomu Torii’s light novel series of the same name published from Kyoto Animation’s own imprint KA Esuma Bunko, was aired in Japan from October to December 2013. The first part of the two-part film project, Kako-hen/The Past compiles the episodes of the TV series and will be released on March 14. Then the all-new second film Mirai-hen/The Future, which is set one year after the end of the TV series, will follow on April 25.

Trailer

Teaser

New Key Visual

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/27-1/video-beyond-the-boundary-past-arc-anime-movie-previewed-with-dance-video

“Beyond the Boundary - Past Arc” Anime Movie Previewed With Dance Video

February 27, 2015 3:30pm CST
Recap opens March 14th

Kyoto Animation’s Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary anime is preparing to return this spring. The fall 2013 anime’s look into the life of Mirai Kuriyama will be recounted in a Past Arc feature, planned for March 14th. Then, a Future Arc, returning to the characters’ lives one year later, is planned for April 25th. Announced today, cast will be touring theaters on Past Arc’s opening weekend for special greetings and the video of the recap (4,800yen Blu-ray, 4,200yen DVD) will be sold at the screening, with no plans for the general release.

A special dance preview accompanies the announcements

Minori Chihara sings the I’ll Be Here theme song “Aitakatta Sora” (The sky I’ve wanted to see)

【公式サイト更新】
・『過去篇』舞台挨拶詳細のお知らせ
・『過去篇』Blu-ray&DVDの販売が決定!
・『過去篇』にて『約束の絆』ダンスPVの上映が決定! http://anime-kyokai.com/ #kyo_kai

[size=20]2nd Beyond the Boundary Film’s TV Ad Previews ‘Future’ Story[/size]
posted on 2015-03-07 05:05 EST
Cast, staff return from TV series for new film debuting April 25

Kyoto Animation began streaming a commercial for its Gekijō-ban Kyōkai no Kanata -I’ll Be Here- Mirai-hen (Beyond the Boundary The Movie -I’ll Be Here- Future Chapter-) film on Saturday.

[quote]Mirai: Who are you?
Text: A girl who lost her memories.
Akito: I want you to become happy…!
Text: Is learning the truth
Text: Really happiness?
Mirai: Am I happy…?
Mirai: Please tell me![/quote]

The cast will return for the film. In addition, the staff list is as follows:
Screenplay: Jukki Hanada
Character Design: Miku Kadowaki
Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe
Setting: Hiroyuki Takahashi
Color Design: Kana Miyata
Yōmu Setting: Seiichi Akitake
Director of Photography: Ryuuta Nakagami
Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
Music: Hikaru Nanase

The Mirai-hen (seen top) and Kako-hen (seen bottom) ticket sets are on sale, and will each bundle a ticket to their respective films, as well as bookmarks. Each set retails for 1,500 yen (about US$13).

Kako-hen will recount the events of the television series, centering on the heroine Mirai Kuriyama, and a second film with the title Gekijō-ban Kyōkai no Kanata -I’ll Be Here- Mirai-hen will be a brand-new work, set one year after the television series. Kako-hen will open in Japanese theaters on March 14, and Mirai-hen will premiere on April 25.

The television anime premiered in Japan in 2013, and Crunchyroll streamed the anime into several countries as it aired. Sentai Filmworks also announced that it licensed the anime for North America.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/15-1/new-key-visual-for-kara-no-kyoukai-ill-be-here-future-hen-film-posted

New Key Visual for "Kara no Kyoukai ~I’ll Be Here~ Future Hen Film Posted

New film to premiere on April 25th in Japan

March 15, 2015 9:00pm PDT

The Twitter account for the Kara no Kyoukai anime has posted a new key visual for the anime feature film that can also be seen on the official site. The new key visual follows the announcement of the film along with plot details and the release of the first compilation film this weekend in Japan.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/26/video-latest-cm-for-beyond-the-boundary-the-movie-theme-song-by-minori-chihara

Latest CM for “Beyond the Boundary the Movie” Theme Song by Minori Chihara

21st single “Aitakatta Sora” hits stores April 22

March 26, 2015 12:50am PDT

Lantis has posted a new CM for voice actress/singer Minori Chihara’s upcoming 21st single “Aitakatta Sora” (The sky I’ve wanted to see) on its official YouTube channel. It will be featured as the theme song for Beyond the Boundary the Movie: The Future, the all-new second part of the two-part Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary films. As a voice actress, she reprises her role as Mitsuki Nase in the films as well. The CD single will be released as her 21st single on April 22.

The first part of the two-part film project, Kako-hen/The Past, which compiles the TV anime episodes, has been running in Japan since March 14. Then the all-new second film Mirai-hen/The Future, which is set one year after the end of the TV series, will open on April 25.

[details=“Aitakatta Sora” CM]
https://youtu.be/vgTqrrDDQnw[/details]

[details=CD Jacket artist edition]
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/76b5518c8c86e40b9a2a5e0fb3b7f0dd1427338144_full.jpg[/details]

[details=CD jacket anime edition]
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/1357539e95292aa23389925f1d7612a61427338166_full.jpg[/details]

[details=Latest CM for the films]
https://youtu.be/B8xL9DI9TYY[/details]

Q. Any news at all on Beyond the Boundary?
A. We will have news on BtB VERY soon, stay tuned!