Cardcaptor Sakura

Cardcaptor Sakura

Genres: adventure, comedy, magic, romance
Themes: magical girl, school
Objectionable content: None
Plot Summary: Sakura Kinomoto was an ordinary 4th grader until the day she opened a strange book and let dozens of powerful magic cards loose on the world. Keroberos, the Guardian of the Clow Cards, informs Sakura that it is now her responsibility to find and capture the freed cards. However, much to the reluctant Sakura’s dismay, things aren’t going to be easy for her; simply saying magic words and waving her wand around isn’t good enough. Each card is a living, thinking, extremely powerful being. She’ll have to learn to cope with her new responsibilities, as well as ordinary troubles involving love, school, family, and friends. With the support of her friend Tomoyo and a young boy with powers of his own, she must learn how to use her newly awakened magical abilities to collect each card and prevent the disaster that will befall the world if she doesn’t.
Number of episodes: 70
Vintage: 1998-04-07 to 2000-03-21

ANN Info Page

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc / Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen

Genres: adventure, comedy, magic
Themes: magical girl
Plot Summary: Sakura and Syaoran are starting junior high school. With the Final Judgment passed, Sakura thinks school life will be quiet, but then all her cards suddenly turn blank. The mysterious new power she discovers will change how she thinks about her powers. (from manga)
Number of Episodes: 22
Vintage: 2018-01-07

ANN Info Page

Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie Vintage: 1999-08-21
Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card Vintage: 2000-07-15
Leave it to Kero! Theatrical Version (movie) Vintage: 2000-07-15

Cardcaptor Sakura Video Diary (OAV) Vintage: 2000-02-03
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Prologue - Sakura to Futatsu no Kuma (OAV) Vintage: 2017-09-13

NIS America Licenses Cardcaptor Sakura TV Anime

posted on 2014-04-30 18:00 EDT
Complete Blu-ray, DVD sets with English dub slated for August

Never saw it, doesn’t appeal to me. Why that asian co. recorded the dub in mono (it shares a name with a disease, that should have been a clue) is a mystery.

If it is as bad as every other dub from them that I’ve heard then it is hardly a “bonus”…except to masochists.

Saw them (both versions), like them, but doubt I’ll make this top priority purchase. Just wasn’t my “gateway” anime; mine were from way earlier: Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman), Voltron (GoLion/Diarugger), Robotech (Macross/Southern Cross/Mospeada) which I have thank you.
Hell, I’d go crazy over a Sentai (hint, hint) BD release of Gunsmith Cats over this.

But good for those who grew up with CS. Kudos :wink:

Who did grow up with this? I don’t remember it being on the Toonami, back when that was a thing that kids watched on weekdays.

I’m surprised at how moe it looks. If not for the 4:3 and the sharpness and additional detail in the art it could basically fit into the post-K-On moe world.

Since the only other title I have coming that month is already paid for, and nothing from Sentai that month (And I don’t expect any of the 3 Funimation title / releases that I want that month) I went ahead and preordered it. My Collection doesn’t have an actual Mahou Shojo title in it (Utena comes close) so this fits the bill quite nicely.

I remember this show. I know I didn’t finish it because the syndication ran out (or moved it to a time I couldn’t watch it anymore, or something)

May have been like my second anime or something.

Huh I’m surprised how many people didn’t/don’t know about this. Must have been one of those off the radar plays for most. I remember watching this show every afternoon. The show ran in 2001.

Toonami - Cardcaptors Long Promo

Toonami - Cardcaptors Intro

Anyway I’m quite happy to see this. I’ve been thrilled with some of the anime rescue efforts of late. I’ll have to keep a note of Cardcaptors.

When I was living with my dad, Comcast in the area didn’t carry Cartoon Network. Actually, by the time I had regular access to CN, Toonami was on its death bed anyway (Naruto basically)

That’s a good point. Back in 1999, Cablevision (that I had at the time) added the network. I guess it would depend on who was on board with CN at the time too prior to the series running.

This was more or less my gateway into anime. It’s a no-brainer purchase for me. And, I’m pretty sure the Animax Asia dub is the one that is getting stuffed in there. Someone of some importance made a tweet about it; so at least it’ll just sound wonky, but won’t be butchered by Nelvana.

Cardcaptor Sakura Complete Series Premium Edition

“Bonus Features:] English voiceovers”

Really?

After so many Funimation releases it is refreshing and shocking to see “Manufactured in USA” on this. That said, this box set is really lackluster for something so hyped and for a NISA release.

12:27:31 <bay|Ota|CR> One announcement for Otakon…
12:28:04 <bay|Ota|CR> Card Captor Sakura
12:28:10 <bay|Ota|CR> Tuesday at 6pm PST
12:28:15 <bay|Ota|CR> all 70eps subbed and dubbed

Got my copy of the BD special edition.

Weird case but it holds all 9 discs. Hard Back book detailing each episode including which card is fought in the episode with a brief synopsis of the story. It’s a nice set.

Crunchyroll Streams Cardcaptor Sakura Anime

posted on 2014-08-08 16:27 EDT
Stream to premiere on Tuesday

Crunchyroll To Stream “Card Captor Sakura” Anime

August 08, 2014 6:26pm CDT
Starts Tuesday 8/12, 6pm PST

Log Horizon’s Yun*chi Covers Cardcaptor Sakura’s Theme Song in Animated Video

posted on 2015-04-11 11:00 EDT

1 Like

Card Captor Sakura Blu-ray BOX announcement PV

1 Like

Crunchyroll Adds Cardcaptor Sakura Film Streaming

posted on 2015-09-01 18:00 EDT

CLAMP’s Cardcaptor Sakura Manga Gets New Anime Project

posted on 2016-05-27 10:05 EDT
New sequel manga launches in Japan on June

1 Like

Animedia Brings Back A Three-Year-Old Clue To Tease “Cardcaptor Sakura” Anime News

June 11, 2016 3:18pm CDT
Animedia promotes anime coverage with cut of visual from anime’s 15th anniversary

1 Like

“Cardcaptor Sakura” Announcement Teased

September 28, 2016 5:10pm CDT
A new anime project was announced, but since there have been no details, speculation is that the upcoming news will concern that

1 Like

“CardCaptor Sakura” Anime Movie Revival To Tour Japan

October 28, 2016 9:59am CDT
Film set to tour 7 Japanese cities from January 21st, 2017

1 Like