Chaika, The Coffin Princess / Hitsugi no Chaika-

Didn’t CR have the home video licenses to a handful of titles, which they then passed to discotek (eg: the season of Free that funi didn’t get)?

My knowledge of this stuff is that they only get streaming rights, and I haven’t heard about them getting home video rights. If they have/had home video rights for anything, it was a show I didn’t see or even heard of.

That’s usually the case, but there are a few titles that CR has the home video rights to. They worked out a deal with Discotek to release these titles on DVD. (Although, they pulled Arpeggio of Blue Steel so they could give it the BD / DVD combo pack treatment.)

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/132212242909

Q. Any dubs being released this month?

A. One of my favorite shows is being released this month, actually: Chaika the Coffin Princess will be out on the 15th, and you can still preorder it here: http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/shows/chaika-the-coffin-princess

Chaika English Dub Trailer: The Burden of Destiny

Sentai Filmworks License Announcement for Avenging Battle

May 4, 2016

Sentai Filmworks Adds Chaika the Coffin Princess Season 2

posted on 2016-05-04 17:25 EDT
Chaika - The Coffin Princess AVENGING BATTLE to be available via digital outlets, home video

2 Likes

Happy Dance, Happy Dance! Oh hooray! Happy Dance!

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

that’s cool…
:no_mouth:

2 Likes

Nice! :grin:

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/135680440285

Q. Does your Chaika: Avenging Battle License include the OVA ? (It’s ok to say no, I realize it was included with a Light Novel release so I understand if it’s not included)

A. Looked into it, and the answer is “no.”

EDIT: This has been deleted

Actually, they are wrong. Avenging Battle was only 10 episodes, yet they are including 11 episodes with a 275 min run time (25 × 11 = 275). So does that mean that they did an extra episode, after episode 10? Or what?

I just rechecked this again and the OVA is included.

thanks @Series5Ranger

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/135680440285

Q. Does your Chaika: Avenging Battle License include the OVA ? (It’s ok to say no, I realize it was included with a Light Novel release so I understand if it’s not included)

A. Had to look into it, but the answer is yes. We do have it. Yay!

Chaika Complete Blu-ray BOX Announcement CM

1 Like

Avenging Battle Complete Collection - Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

1 Like

All Chaikas Marry On New “Coffin-Princess” Blu-ray Set Jacket Art

July 26, 2016 10:47pm CDT
New, complete set out August 26th

1 Like

CHAIKA THE COFFIN PRINCESS: AVENGING BATTLE ENGLISH DUB CAST LIST

8/24/2016 9:16:30 AM

Available on September 27, 2016

About Chaika the Coffin Princess: Avenging Battle
The battle on the floating fortress is over, but the quest to recover the scattered remains of Emperor Gaz is too important to delay. As Chaika and her companions seek out the hero Claudia in order to obtain the heart, they race against Red Chaika, who seeks the hero, Glenn, who possesses one of the arms. Even as Chaika struggles to learn the new magical skills required to defeat Claudia, a startling new revelation comes to light which may change their mission entirely: not all of Gaz’s magic research was destroyed, and information regarding the creation of the Chaikas may have been taken to a mysterious island! With the possibility of uncovering the secrets behind their mysterious origins dangled in front of them, the Chaikas must decide whether or not they want to find the hidden island and brave its unknown perils. Could the entire thing be a trap? It’s highly likely, but how can they resist the bait as the spellbinding adventure continues in CHAIKA THE COFFIN PRINCESS – AVENGING BATTLE!

Genres: Action & Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy
Rating: TV-MA [V]

Director: Christopher Ayres
ADR Script: Katelynn Barr

English Dub Vocal Cast
Chaika Trabant - Kira Vincent Davis
Toru Acura - Leraldo Anzaldua
Akari Acura - Joanne Bonasso
Frederica - Hilary Haag

Alberic Gillet - Blake Shepard
Nikolai Avtotor - Andrew Love
Vivi Holopainen - Luci Christian
Zita Brusasco - Caitlynn French
Mateus Callaway - Mike Yager
Leonardo Stola - Shannon Emerick

Chaika Bohdan - Brittany Karbowski
David - Scott Gibbs
Selma Kenworth - Allison Sumrall

Arthur Gaz - John Swasey
Guy - Kalin Coates
Shin Acura - Adam Gibbs
Stephan Hartgen - Josh Morrison
Black Chaika - Carli Mosier
Victor Izhmash - John Gremillion
Alina - Shanae’a Moore
Ilina - Robin Nennig
Layla - Katelyn Barr

Claudia - Kelly Manison
Konrad Steinmetz - Rutherford Cravens
Karen Bombardier - Molly Searcy
Clay Morgan - Mark X Laskowski
Glen Donkervoort - David Wald
Fyodor - Greg Cote

Niva Lada - Brittany Djie
Kiril - Gareth West
Ursula - Cynthia Martinez
Kraken - David Wald

Theobald Setra - Rob Mungle
Cat - Tiffany Grant

Additional Voices:
Christopher Ayres
Adam Barr
Katelyn Barr
Greg Cote
Scott Gibbs
Tiffany Grant
John Gremillion
Mark X Laskowski
Kelly Manison
Cynthia Martinez
Benjamin McLaughlin
Carli Mosier
Rob Mungle
Allison Sumrall
John Swasey
Allen Titel
Brenda Valdivia
David Wald
Gareth West

1 Like

I guess Krystal LaPorte had another gig lined up, that prevented her from reprising her role as Fred.

Do Chris Ayers and Monica Rial, not get along? I don’t think he’s ever cast her in anything I’ve seen that he’s been main ADR Director.

If she was available she would have been my first choice to replace Krystal, just on the fact that I mistook Krystal for Monica when the trailer for S1 dropped.

Monica Rial was co-lead in Maria-Holic, aka Chris Ayres’ best dub evar lol.

It does seem to me that folks like Rial and Haag have been underrepresented in Ayres dubs in favor of the “new blood”, much of which I was under the impression was first brought in under Ayres.

Just got my Notification from Right Stuf that Avenging Battle is shipping.

1 Like