Chaika, The Coffin Princess / Hitsugi no Chaika-

Not Chaika?

The adage about expecting the worst only works if I truly expect the worst. Besides, the day I underestimate AoA is the day they surprise me. :laugh:

On one hand, I’d prefer not to hear about more rescue releases before progress happens with the boatload that were licensed last year. On the other, well, I wouldn’t :wink:

If I can track down this SP show I suppose it can tide me over until the next season of Chaika starts up. Looking at the seiyu, the sub might actually be watchable for me so I could more accurately (for lack of a better phrase) compare the two shows to evaluate if ANN has gotten it wrong. Though a dub both starring and directed by Crispin Freeman is tempting.

Well if Luci were to play Chaika then Shelly Calene-Black would have to play Akari. Only those 2 could do Akari’s Dead pan line Deliveries well.

Speaking of the Chaika license…

This is the first Sentai Kadokawa title to be license announced within a soon-ish time after streaming since Fate / Kaleid S1.

Their usual pattern for Kadokawa titles is to announce them right before the solicitation they are about to show up on.

Given that premise I’d prefer Luci over SCB. Besides, SCB not playing some sort of upper level bureaucrat would be a radical departure from typecast at this point (bureaucrat has become, for those who have seen Milk Chan, the new “fat and motherly” lol).

Though I’m not sure that only those 2 could do the role. Matsurika from Maria Holic reminds me of Akari.

I wonder who Sentai will get for the 2 main male characters. For Gillette’s team I can’t help but hear the pumpkin scissors dub cast as they reminded me so much of it.

Both titles are similar in that they both announced their S2 plans before S1 was over, so that may be why.

Press Release

I’ve started on Scrapped Princess and while the similarities between it and Chaika are glaringly obvious they aren’t to the “Patriot/Braveheart” degree that I was led to believe. Also it doesn’t have the same appeal as Chaika. :frowning:

The Toru figure is much less interesting, he’s Lawrence from S&W with a sword, the Akari standin is the stereotypical brainless girl with an uberskill (A Yui of mass destruction) and the Chaika figure is yet another annoying bratty princess character.

The show also could have literally ended in the first episode but due to utterly irrational “plot magic” it did not. I hate it when shows do that.

I’m surprised at how well animated it is so far though.

Chaika - The Coffin Princess Anime’s 2nd Season Previewed in Promo

posted on 2014-08-14 04:43 EDT
Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE premieres in October with climax to Tohru, Akari, Chaika’s journey

I am so psyched for this. This Log Horizon S2, and the new Fate / Stay Night are my top 3 shows I’m looking forward to in Fall.

This is definitely the shoo-in for best show of the fall season.

“Chaika -The Coffin Princess- Avenging Battle” is Slated for October 8

August 27, 2014 10:50pm CDT
The OP song is again performed by Iori Nomizu

1st PV

Chaika - The Coffin Princess Avenging Battle Anime’s TV Spot Teases October 8 Premiere

posted on 2014-09-12 10:00 EDT
Naomi Ōzora, Ayumu Murase, Sarah Emi Bridcutt, more join cast for 2nd season of fantasy anime

Updated 1st post with ANN Information for ~Avenging Battle~

Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle has been solicited in Japan with 5 volumes. Same MSRP; v1 has 2 episodes so S2 should only be 10 episodes long.

Chaika - The Coffin Princess Listed With 5 50-Minute Blu-ray Discs

posted on 2014-09-19 23:57 EDT

Chaika - The Coffin Princess Avenging Battle" Opening and Ending Short Version Music Video**

September 23, 2014 9:55pm CDT
Singles set to be released October 29th

Watch Chaika -The Coffin Princess- AVENGING BATTLE on CrunchyRoll

Crunchyroll Adds Chaika - The Coffin Princess Avenging Battle Sequel Anime

posted on 2014-10-07 15:20 EDT
Series to begin on Wednesday

Updated 1st post for Crunchyroll link, and 1st and 2nd Seasons ANN site information.

All 12 Episodes (Sub) are LIVE on ANO

Title corrected in the Online Player from “Coffin Princess Chaika” to “Chaika the Coffin Princess”.