Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!: The Sequel!

Today is April 5th. 10 years ago today was the very first round of Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen! - The Reboot. We made it to 10 years! Newshawk has been running this game for a long, long time now. And it will NEVER. END. So happy birthday to CYB/B!

This game has been going for 10 years. 512 rounds. That’s a lot of rounds. I’ve been updating the lists (sorta-kinda) since round 88. In Kompozer. Every claim. By hand. In triplicate. You’re welcome. Of course, we ditched the character list a while back, so now I only have to do it twice. Even so, twice is still a lot! So I guess go me as well!

Still, even though it’s only two lists now, it’s still a huge pain in the ass to do all that copying and pasting of links and such.

Now, with this being such an auspicious occasion and all, there’s something we need to talk about… something… special…

Obviously, we have to pay our respects to the original creator of this game, @Mystic. Without Mystic, this game wouldn’t exist, so even though his version of the game didn’t really take off the way this one did, and of course, he doesn’t come around here anymore, I think it’s still important that we remember the game’s roots by thanking Mystic. So… Thanks Mystic! Good work!

Okay, okay, for real now though, you’re probably all wondering if there shouldn’t have been a special round for this, and you’re right, there should be, but you know what? THERE ISN’T! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

There will be though… probably.
You see… Since Newshawk had done the 500th round special round, he said to me that I should come up with the 10th anniversary round, but I was all like “That’s a whole lot of responsiblity, I don’t know if I can handle that much pressure!” (aka: I don’t feel like it, you do it).

So, Newshawk will be doing a special round for the 10 year anniversary, but it will be whenever Newshawk gets around to it.
(Get it? aROUND to it!? Because it’s a special round, and he’s gonna get around… nevermind)

So, sit tight, keep safe, and celebrate 10 years of CYB/B! Alone.

Okay, it’s 5:30am, I’m going to bed.

6 Likes