Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!: The Sequel!

Round 488

Reina from Didn’t I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! AbilAverage!

3 Likes

@Sarahviola, If you make an invalid claim for a round (e.g: already claimed, not a real character, not from a VN/manga/anime), it must be corrected within the same round, or it’s counted as though you didn’t make a claim at all. @Newshawk and I discussed this in private a few years ago, though I don’t think it’s reflected in the rules (it probably should be). So this time, I’ll count your late claim for round 486, but in the future, please be sure to correct any invalid claims in the same round they are made.

1 Like

That is correct, Hornet. I guess I’m overdue for another rules revision. One other thing, Saraviola. If you want to put characters together, do this: claim them individually, then when you claim the last one, you can say, “And now I can post this:” after which you post the group picture you wanted to use.

2 Likes

Round 488

This week I claim Maiko Osonoi from Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou:

2 Likes

Round 488

Chito - Girls’ Last Tour

3 Likes

Today I’m going into a super time warp. I lived in Maryland. My grandfather was still alive. We had rabbit ear antenna tv. Today I present her, as she was one of my very first Waifus.

For Round 488 I add to my Bishie family Dark Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh!!!

88035197deb6aa8044d9592265831876

“Make new friends, but keep the old. One is Silver, the others Gold”

(Also, goodness trying to find non ecchi pics of her!)

More Pics!

2 Likes

Round 488
Enterprise from Azur Lane

4 Likes

Round 488

Curio - Romeo × Juliet

000000-Curio%20Capture%201

more

curio

000-285-Curio

000-377-502440_original

000-400-637279233

000-450-941161800

000-550-57045600

1 Like

Sorry Thanks @Hornet65

1 Like

Round 488
Kagura Mikazuchi from Fairy Tail

1 Like

@Hornet65 can I claim a Character that’s from a manga on

I don’t know if web comics fall into this game’s purview. I’m not sure how far the definition of manga goes here, if it’s something that you you have to be able to purchase from a store (as a published volume, or serialized in a magazine), or if places like Webtoon are allowed. Also, since anyone can publish on Webtoon, it’s difficult to decide which are allowed and which aren’t. This is something that needs to be decided by @Newshawk, since I don’t make the rules, I just bend them to suit my needs enforce them.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this conversation and I’ve been thinking about the Webtoons issue. I looked at the website for the first time today. I looked at a couple of random series. One left me feeling “meh” but the other appeared to be a manhwa, or at least gave me the same vibe. The characters even had Korean names.

I know Crunchyroll has entered into a joint venture with Webtoons to create new programming. CR also has the Rooster Teeth-produced genLock in its library, though I’m sure it’s because they’re both owned by Elation, an AT&T company.

When this game was started many years ago, IIRC it was focused solely on anime characters. I opened up the selection criteria–first to manga characters from series that hadn’t made it to anime, the to visual novel characters. I specifically excluded fan-made characters, as in many cases they are just the fans projecting themselves into a series or are “Mary Sue” characters that are too perfect (A.K.A. boring.) While Webtoons are amateur-made, I can’t consider them “fan-made” as they are original works and not fan fiction works.

So, with all thatbeing said, my decision is that, at this time, I’m going to allow claims from Webtoons–but this is not a permanent rules change. It is a test. I’d like to see the quality of characters. If they’re of a quality consistent with that of officially-produced manga, then I may make a change to the rules.

I want to make one thing clear–when posting a claim from Webtoons, I will require you to state that they are coming from a Webtoons series. This will help us with tracking and analyzing the claims to aid me in making a more permanent decision.

Ah Has Spoken!
(With apologies to Mammy Yokum from Lil’ Abner.)
Mammy%20Youkm

2 Likes

@Newshawk I would like to point out that webtoons can be published by anyone. You or I could publish one if we wanted. I know that you allow characters from all Asian nations, but there’s often no way to know where a webtoon originates. Are those characters still okay?

2 Likes

Round 489

Belfast from Azur Lane

I’m releasing my Round 331 pick Ortfine Fredericka Von Eylstadt from Izetta: The Last Witch

My replacement is:

Ariadoa from Cautious Hero

2 Likes

Round 489

Mavis from Didn’t I say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!

4 Likes

Round 489

Miki Kashihara from Qualiaffordance
Miki

3 Likes

Round 489

This week, I claim Mea Uchifuji from Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou:
Mae%20Uchifuji
And now, I can post this:

(Yeah, I know… but what can I do? The price was too high.)

3 Likes

Alright I’m gonna go for it.
Round 489
From the WebToons series Mage And Demon Queen, I’m am Claiming Demon Queen Velverosa
(Demon Queen Velverosa’s on the right)

1 Like

I’m having to take these new claims under advisement. I would suggest not making any claims from Webtoons past this round until I make my final decision.

3 Likes