Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!: The Sequel!

Round 550

Miyako Muguruma from Warlords of Sigrdrifa

550b
Sonoka Watarai from Warlords of Sigrdrifa

3 Likes

Round 550

New Claims:
Due to inaccuracies in the CYBB Series lists, I have withdrawn my new claims until I can decide on replacements.
Edit: I have decided on replacements. First will be Hemo Midori from Dropout Idol Fruit Tart:

Second will be Mimosa Vermillion, from Black Clover:

Rescue claim:
This week, as a rescue claim, I choose Noelle Silva, from Black Clover:
Noelle Silva

Which means I can post this from my favorite Black Clover end credits:

3 Likes

@Newshawk

I have Nanako and Yukari

*the picks are under the Japanese name Futsū no Joshikōsei ga Locodol Yattemita

3 Likes

Round 550

Carr Benedict - Allison & Lillia

Tooru Yukimura - Aoharu x Machinegun

RESCUE

Aoi Miyoshi – Night Raid 1931

3 Likes

Due to a small but consistent number of errors related to the inconsistent use of English and Japanese titles for series, I have decided to institute a new rule. In updating the rules, I purged the old Rule #8 and moved Rules #9 through #11 up one position. The new Rule #11 reads as follows:

To prevent confusion in the listing of titles for series, all series must be listed by their English title first, with Japanese titles optional. If no English title is available, then, of course, this rule does not apply. If dual titles are used, the series must be listed by both titles in the Series list.

2 Likes

Several times I’ve had to resort to “Find on Page” on the list to search for a title, for a couple of reasons. I was sure someone HAD to have already picked someone from the series & I’m lazy.

Luckily, there almost always is a word in common in the Japanese/English title, so It was a little easier (please note I said “almost always”).

2 Likes

Sorry for being tardy to the party this week. Been crazy busy with work…

Round 550a

Going through both of Hornet’s lists, and searching the forum showed an interesting surprise. Despite several of the members here also being fans of DAL, my favorite character from the series is unclaimed! This week that changes, as I claim: Kotori Itsuka from Date A Live!

(Also, I think I’m copying @Psychopuppet this week. She’s a twintailed redhead who can control fire. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

More Pics!

downloadfile-10

downloadfile-20

Spirit Form!

downloadfile-16 downloadfile-12

Why not have her cosplay as a bunny girl?

Round 550b

My bonus claim will be another one that I’m very surprised is still unclaimed: Lieselotte Sherlock from Trinity Seven!

downloadfile-18

Yes. This picture is the EXACT reason I claimed her...

Yami :heartpulse:

More Pics!

ERWxSAv d52c7bdab985aa281dc92dab8b95cbb9--sherlock-pictures 8a95c87066fa396b7cd38bbed6fa4ea82d4a164b1d794e086adeac1c5eaf7efb_thumb 9e8cd9d01013b345068b02a1f2805c83--deviant-art-sword-art downloadfile-24 downloadfile-2

Round 550c

Gonna go for a twintail trinity this week, as my rescue claim has them as well: Mine from Akame Ga Kill!

A spoiler before pics

One of the happiest things is she actually survives in the manga. That alone makes the manga ending about 10,000 times better than the anime ending for me. :blush:

More Pics!

3a53da6de9d7d4dd5bbd7b7c80cb917a Akame-ga-kill-Mine-Tsundere-pinkbloom-43430797-236-221

downloadfile-3

Oh! Since my post is Twintailed themed:

YAMI IN TWINTAILS!!!

:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

3 Likes

Alright then, I’m totally against this rule. It’s really silly.

I’ll start by saying it’s not my job to look up the english and/or japanese title for every single new series that gets added to the list. I record what I see, and that’s that. When I know both titles, I’ll add them, and when I don’t, I’m not going to go look up the alternate title because someone chose one language over the other. However, I do think it should be the responsibility of the person looking to claim a character to check all titles before making a claim. Whatever title they use to make the claim afterwards should be their choice.

Now then, this new rule doesn’t change anything. I actually think it’ll cause more annoyance than anything. You want everyone to use the English titles now, but…

• What if someone doesn’t know the English title, or doesn’t know if there is an English title at all? Will they have to look it up now to make a claim? Couldn’t they just as easily look up the Japanese title as well?
  • What if someone goes searching the list with the Japanese title and don’t find it because only the English is listed? Maybe they should just search for the English title instead then. Which begs the question: Why can’t someone do the opposite and search the Japanese title when the English title isn’t there?
  • If someone makes a claim using the Japanese title when there is an English title, is the claim invalid because that’s against the rules? Or do you now expect me to look it up for them?

Basically, from the way I’m interpreting this, if I use the Japanese title when there’s an English title, it’s against the rules. But in some cases the show is listed alphabetically by the Japanese title, so I still have to go look up the English title now. And if someone makes a claim with the Japanese title, I have to now go look up the series to make sure there’s no English title they should be using instead.

This feels less like it’s about consistency, and more about not wanting to look up two titles on your own. The more I think about it, this seems like more work for me because some people are too lazy to look up two names when they search the lists.

Also, Newshawk, you’ve decided to make this rule because you couldn’t be bothered to look up the Japanese title for Locodol. While it may be true that the English title is just “Locodol” it is also the shorthand for the full Japanese title. I’ll often put the shorthand title in parenthesis or something after the full title, and since Locodol is the shorthand, even with this new rule in place, there would only be one place Locodol would be listed, and that’s under its full Japanese title.

What really gets me though, is that Locodol is in the Japanese title. If you’d bothered to do a quick Ctrl+F search for the title, or the characters you wanted, this wouldn’t have happened… Which brings me to another thing:

I’ve always written the lists with the assumption that all of you are using Ctrl+F to find the character/series you’re looking for, and also that you would all be checking both lists in case I’ve missed something on one of them. It hadn’t occurred to me that some of you may not use it at all, or only when you feel it’s necessary. I do have it written at the top that it would make finding things easier, but I didn’t think anyone wouldn’t already be using it.

So yeah, this new rule is kind of pointless. It’s not going to be retroactive. Every existing series is going to stay exactly where it is, exactly how it is. Going forward, any new series without an English title that gets added to the list will be added as-is, and remain where it is. If an English title is added later on, then it might be added on to the end of the Japanese title. I will continue to only write what’s in the thread. I’m not going to look up an English title because you’re too lazy to do it yourself. And I’m definitely not about to rearrange the entire list English-title-first because the information on the list isn’t exactly how you want it. At that point I may as well remake the entire list from scratch, and if I did that, it wouldn’t be an HTML webpage that’s for sure.

3 Likes

I was actually about to ask about this point since I like to pick characters from shows/manga that haven’t come out yet. For instance if I have a character that I’ve picked from a story that later on gets an adaptation and an English title. Or even if I pick a character from said story before it becomes an adaptation and then another character after when it has an English title. Do I claim that new character using the English title even though characters before that are claimed with the other title?

Also this question is in general to the new rule not necessarily directed at you @Hornet65

3 Likes

The way I see it, if you claim a character from a series that only has a Japanese title, then at some later date it gets an English title, feel free to keep on using the Japanese title. I’ll add the English title after the Japanese title on the list, but only If someone claims a character using the English title.

2 Likes

Therein goes another question. There’s series where there are two separate English titles. (Usually between manga and anime.) Now, I can’t think of one off the top of my head, but if I chose to claim a character, but use the manga title, would that count as an invalid claim?

1 Like

As long as it’s an official title, I would say it’s valid.

While I’m here, this is unrelated to titles, but kind of a similar topic: I’ve noticed it’s pretty common for the spellings of character names to differ between media types, so while this should go without saying, I’m gonna say it: If you’re reading a manga or light novel, or visual novel, or watching an anime, If there are any discrepancies between the spellings of character names between the different media types, even if it’s fan-translated, all spellings are valid. As long as it’s clear who you’re claiming, you’re fine.

1 Like

Hey! Happy New Year.

The Upcoming round tonight (551) will be the final rescue round. You willl be able to make a single new claim, and two rescue claims.

Round 550

Akari Seto from Otherside Picnic

Feirune from So I’m a Spider, So What?

rescue:

Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club

2 Likes

Round 550

All are rescues

Senshirou Furuori - Uragiri wa Boku no Namae O Shitteiru / Betrayal Knows My Name

0000-furuori_senshiro_7069

Ryusuke “Ray” Minami - BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

0000-d968bc50ab3093cd0db_00

Yoshiyuki Taira - BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

0000-beck__taira_yoshiyuki-fullview

1 Like

Round 550

Emma Brightness from The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter

Olivia Servant from The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter

Rescue:

Emika Takatsuki from Ano Natsu de Matteru/Waiting in the Summer

3 Likes

Round 551

New claim:
This week, I claim Akane Shinoda, the newest class member of Asahigaoka Branch School, from Non Non Biyori:
Akane Shinoda

Rescue claims:
My first rescue claim reunites lovers separated too long. I claim Fan Hyulick, from Tytania:
Fan Hyulick
My second rescue claim is Yukina, from Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress:

4 Likes

Round 551

All are rescues

Light Yagami - Death Note

0000-Featured-Image-9

Kuroto Hourai - Uragiri wa Boku no Namae O Shitteiru / Betrayal Knows My Name

0000-OYeYjqV1

Kaname Kuran - Vampire Knight / Vampire Knight: Guilty

0000-313434373932333233333338

3 Likes