Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!: The Sequel!

Round 640

This week’s claim is a bit late, thanks to Hurricane Ian, but remembered right now! Lol.

Yami: “And I know a way to make Maou feel a bit better! Now, Maou may not be a fan of dogs, but there is one I know he will love! The one I voice! He-he! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

Both: “We claim Iggy from Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Battle In Egypt!”

Iggy_ASB

2 Likes

Round 640

Sasha from Yamato: 2205

4 Likes

First off, I have to apologize for taking so long with this. I have been dealing with a personal issue that has been taking up my time. However, I see that I have to make a decision, so here it is.

When it comes to this game, the term “anime” needs to be constrained. Yes, I know that in Japan, “anime” basically refers to all animation, but we’re not in Japan, we’re in America. As such, I adhere to the American convention of “anime” being defined as “animation form Japan.

The situation is, there are “Japanese-style” animation series being produced elsewhere, as well as Western-style animation projects being produced (in whole or in part) in Japan. There have been debates about productions like that in the past—Castlevania comes to mind immediately.

I’ve realized that I need more than just a set of rules in the first post of the game thread to give people a way to judge what are acceptable characters for the game. I have decided to add external sources that we can use to judge whether a production is an anime or not. Therefore, I have decided to use the Anime News Network as a source for determining whether a production is considered an anime for use in the game. It will not be the only external reference, but it is the first.

You may notice I’ve preferred to “productions” and not “series.” That’s because I can’t rule out longer form, standalone productions, such as anime movies like Your Name, Weathering With You, and the entire Studio Ghibli catalog. However, that does not rule in music videos.

You may recall that, in Round 455, I attempted to claim a character from the music video for the opening song of Domestic Girlfriend. @Hornet65 and I had a bit of a discussion but he didn’t include it in my list—you can go check. It starts here: Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!: The Sequel! - #3202 by Newshawk. You’ll notice we didn’t post everything after his initial objection as we continued the discussion in PMs.

I admit that Hornet65 was right in this, and I reached a bit too far in my selection of a character that time. This game was designed to celebrate our favorite characters in anime, not in every form of animation. Therefore, there has to be some constraints as to what characters can be accepted.

Therefore, I have decided that characters from music videos or promotional videos are not acceptable for the Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen game. This includes music videos or promotional videos for Hololive characters.

Now, since I took so long to make my decision, I will allow @OneWayDevil the option of replacing the two characters he has chosen. I will give him the next two rounds to do so. If he doesn’t choose to replace them, that is his right—but as happened to me, don’t expect those two characters to be officially recognized in the lists.

Of course, if Cover ever decides to produce a series or motion picture for any of their Hololive characters, then they will become fair game, just as the Genshin Impact characters will when their anime series happens. (Note to anyone wanting to claim those characters—please wait until the cast is announced before making any claims.)

Now, to get back to sleep. 6:00 AM comes too early for me, but I’m a slave to my work schedule. Thankfully, it’s only every other week.

1 Like

Clearly its purpose is the promotion of Gawr Gura.

1 Like

OWD, I’m done with the debating. It seems I need to remind you of Rule #9:

9.) For any dispute, the decision of the judge is final. By the way, I AM the judge!

1 Like

And I’m here to say:

This is not a debate, Newshawk runs this game, he makes the Rules, and he really doesn’t have to justify any of them.

If he says something isn’t allowed ---- it isn’t allowed.

So find another character to claim and move on.

2 Likes

Round 641:
Ranko Mannen from Akiba Maid War

4 Likes

Round 641

This week, I claim Akane Nishino from The Eminence in Shadow:
Akane Nishino

5 Likes

Round 641

This week is a somewhat unique claim. We’ve been watching an anime based American animation series recently, and absolutely love the characters! Incredibly, Studio Shaft produced an anime based on the series, similar to an alternate universe version!

Yami: “One of the adorable ones is a cat girl!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

Both: “This week, we claim: Blake Belladonna from RWBY: Ice Queendom!”

5 Likes

I just have to say, with this being the only current active forum game thread, we should respect and apperciate the thread creator’s rules and regulations with the old and new members @SivvieSivv who might want to join in

Round 641

Kiriya Aoi - Aikatsu

3 Likes

Round 641

Miorine Rembran from Mobile Suit Gundam – The Witch from Mercury

4 Likes

Round 641

Ninja Master Gara - Bastard!! Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy

118623166_1628293314019713_7740973274724161754_n

4 Likes

ROUND 641

Curran - Apparently, Dissilutioned Adventureres Will Save the World

5 Likes

Round 642

Hitori Gotō from Bocchi the Rock!

5 Likes

Round 642:
Yumechi from Akiba Maid War

4 Likes

I am instituting an one week moratorium on any rescues.

6 Likes

Round 642

This week, I claim Aoi Izumizawa, from Love Flops:
Aoi Izumizawa
The fact that Miku Itoh is her seiyuu is a definite plus!

4 Likes

Round 642

Lord Claude Jean Elmir - I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss

Untitled

3 Likes

ROUND 642

Monika - Spy Classroom

5 Likes

Round 642

Yami: “Maou and I were watching a new Sentai series, and wouldn’t you know, one of the main characters is a REB! Of course, I don’t mind claiming her, she’s a Sentai character!”

Both: “This week, we claim Karin Istel from Love Flops!”

4 Likes