Crunchyroll News

Buy:
The Devil is a Part-Timer Season 2 Blu-ray

So much more they could have had coming out.

2 Likes

Kinda obvious what I’m gonna be getting…

:wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

via RACS

4 Likes

Which really kind of sucks, because I usually do that when I miss a manga or something I should have ordered, I’ll get a Classics or essentials of a series that originally released in 2 parts to gain shelf space and not have to pay as much as the manga volume I’m getting on Shipping

2 Likes

ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, Ikimonogakari, Queen Bee and More Music Arrives on Crunchyroll

April 27, 2023 1:30pm CDT
Full-length concerts and music videos are now available from more artists

Even More from Crunchyroll x Sony Music!

Hunter Young of Moodring Talks Metal, Music, and Anime | Full Interview

Watch The Legend of Hei and More Movies on Crunchyroll This May

May 11, 2023 12:22pm CDT
Backflip!! The Movie and other select titles stream on Crunchyroll

May 11

• Backflip!! The Movie
    Territories: North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceania, the Middle East and CIS
  • Hula Fulla Dance
    Territories: North America, Central America, South America, Europe (excluding the United Kingdom and Ireland), Africa, Oceania, the Middle East, CIS and India

May 18

• The Legend of Hei
    Territories: United States and Canada
2 Likes

Ranking of Kings Limited Edition and More Join Crunchyroll’s August 2023 Home Video Lineup

May 17, 2023 12:00pm CDT
You’ll also be able to pick up The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2, Parallel World Pharmacy and other titles!

Crunchyroll August 2023 Slate

August 1, 2023

• Black Summoner Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 1 Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 2 Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 3 Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 4 Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 5 Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 6 Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 7 Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 8 Blu-ray
  • Dragon Ball Z Season 9 Blu-ray

August 8, 2023

• One Piece Collection 32 Blu-ray/DVD
  • One Piece Season 13 Part 2 Blu-ray/DVD

August 15, 2023

• Parallel World Pharmacy Blu-ray

August 22, 2023

• A Couple of Cuckoos Season 1 Part 1 Blu-ray
  • Ranking of Kings Season 1 Part 2 Blu-ray/DVD
  • Ranking of Kings Season 1 Part 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray

August 29 ,2023

• Brave Father Online Our Story of Final Fantasy XIV Blu-ray
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 Blu-ray/DVD
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
  • Shadows House Season 2 Blu-ray
2 Likes

:face_exhaling:

At least Shadows House S2 is a maybe…

2 Likes

Buy

• Shield Bro S2
  • Parallel World Pharmacy
  • Black Summoner

Yeah, considering that everybody and their brother has DBZ who wants it by now, I don’t see it moving a whole lot of units, unless you’re like a certain Alien Assassin Cuddle Muffin Lover and have to own every unique copy of a series :rofl:

2 Likes

Learn Japanese With This Crunchyroll and Duolingo Free Trial Offer!

May 16, 2023 8:00am CDT
Crunchyroll subscribers can look forward to a special deal for Super Duolingo

2 Likes

Crunchyroll to Offer Hindi User Interface Along with JUJUTSU KAISEN, Other Catalog Anime Additions

May 22, 2023 1:30am EDT
JUJUTSU KAISEN, The Prince of Tennis and other anime are now available in India

1 Like

FEATURE: The Crunchyroll Staff on What Makes AAPI Heritage Month so Special

May 24, 2023 12:00pm CDT
The Crunchyroll staff share what AAPI Heritage Month means to them

1 Like

L’Arc-en-Ciel, MAN WITH A MISSION, Shoko Nakagawa and More Music Arrives on Crunchyroll!

May 31, 2023 1:32pm CDT
Full-length concerts and music videos are now available from more artists

MAN WITH A MISSION, sumika, Shoko Nakagawa, L’Arc-en-Ciel, and More are Coming to Crunchyroll!

1 Like

Going to post this here. Please read, just glad Hidive didn’t interfere with the Made in Abyss game like this. It’s really Defecating of Crunchyroll to do this.

4 Likes

The sad thing is even if all the current VA’s at CR said no more until you fix this or went Union. CR would just go get some more new more inexperienced VA’s to make dubs with. Evidence kind of points towards they don’t particularly care about the overall quality as long as they can say they have a dub for a show.

Funimation apparently used to pull a similar tactic on VA’s so they thought they could not work with other companies.

Probably a lawsuit someplace here but with who they are owned by I doubt it would be a cheap one and it’d end up putting a lot of VA’s on a blacklist from one of the biggest should never have been allowed monopolies.

4 Likes

I’m only watching one current Crunchyroll show that’s dubbed, out of like 20, if that gives any hint of meaning to your statement…

4 Likes

I’m not watching any of them dubbed. The last show I checked out the dub for was Tomo-chan, which was really good, but you can’t beat Rie Takahashi as Tomo

I will be checking the Farming Life dub though

4 Likes

I usually give a test listen to the dubs but generally some VA’s tones(unfortunately more times than not the MC’s)grate on my ears so I stick with the original language. Then you get the hey I’m reading this script like I would a book ones. It just feels like the emotion of the characters are gone. Because everything is in such a rushed state with the CR dubs I’m guessing it’s they take the best of what they got and use it. Not calling the VA’s bad it is just the overall polish time some actors just need is not being able to happen.

Sentai I wonder if that is why they have not being doing as many actual simulcast dubs as of late. I imagine it’s harder on everyone having to rush something that needs that bit of time to ferment.

5 Likes

It’s what I suspect as well, the same with the delayed simulcasting, like Farming Life (and look at that veteran cast) and DanMachi IV They want to make sure the actors don’t feel rushed to get a line out on time and want to make sure they get the best product across. I know people complain about the delayed Simulcasting that Hidive does, but I prefer it that way, if it means getting the best product out.

4 Likes