DC Universe

Here’s the Trailer released at SDCC :smile:

I know it will make a ton of money, but … to be honest I’m tired of superheros.

Mark Gosdin

I like, but then again I’m no fanboi ragging online about how "dark and GRITTY’ it is. Already looks better than what Age of Ultron turned out to be: 2 hour 80’s cartoon.

[quote=“mgosdin, post:8, topic:8000”]
I’m tired of superheros.
[/quote]I’m tired of Marvel superheroes: all action, no consequences.

Well there is that. But I was never a big fan of Marvel even in my misspent youth of the 60’s & 70’s. I was able to enjoy superhero movies by flipping the switches marked “BRAIN DO NOT TOUCH!” before going into the theater.

Now even that isn’t enough.

What’s more my kids aren’t much interested either. I think they’ve reached saturation. Kinda sad.

Mark Gosdin

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0000/174/MI0000174842.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
http://www.espinostravel.com/AllImages/ToursPic/aa034959-ac98-4b1f-86b0-6ed243673485.jpg

1 Like

In theaters August 2016

So the House of Cards guy plays the alter-ego of Mr. Freeze, does that leave the door open for Arnold Schwarzenegger to play the supervillain version? :smile:

I recently just started watching Arrow on Netflix (which doesn’t have it in HD…) and I’m enjoying it.

It really concerns me that they’re doing a crossover with The Flash as that’s what I don’t want in my show about a self-made, Batman-style superhero: actual people with crazy, “legit” superpowers. There is no way to make that not suck: Did these people not see the Superfriends cartoon or watch The Avengers? :frowning: :frowning:

At least I’m getting a heads up that the show is going to implode, so I can brace for the impact and enjoy it until then.

While I got to enjoy Netflix for a time, I only got to see the first season of Arrow but I was hooked. The ending’s still fresh in my head.

I just finished the first season of Arrow myself. I was pleasantly surprised, it’s serious but doesn’t forget that it comes from a comic book. I was expecting something schlockier and “low budget”, like CBS’ Supergirl.

It was also fun seeing the corrupt, crippled mayor from Blue Bloods who is always trying to throw Tom Selleck under the bus play the upstanding “Alfred” character (Diggle). The guy who plays Oliver Queen reminds me eerily of a younger, buffer Chris O’Donnell (NCIS Los Angelels; Robin).

There were badass middle-aged guys (something anime could really learn from lol), a villain that wasn’t completely wrong (the mystery woman in red) and, weirdly enough, a complete absence of profanity.

I enjoyed Arrow Season 1 and started Season 2 but, well, the places and faces are the same but nothing else is. Only upside is that the support characters get to do more.

Homer Simpson was right (The CybOrganizer): you have to make sure you enjoy shows before the network “retools” them.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a retool like this in a drama series since Human Target.

never could get into Arrow, it was just meh.
Flash I’m having fun watching and I’m actually enjoying Supergirl.
Constatine was great, even saw the Arrow ep just for that.
Gotham I’m fine with…

[quote=“Slowhand, post:89, topic:7841”]
although I can’t see Katey Sagal without thinking of Married with Children
[/quote]whaaat? don’t you mean

now to wait for The Last Kingdom second season…

Supergirl just reminds me of Jeb!..

I coincidentally saw the episode of Arrow where The Flash was created. I knew that The Flash was the most overpowered superhero ever devised but I didn’t know that Barry Allen was so beta that even Peter Parker would tell him to man up. From what I hear, The Flash and The Arrow (Season 3) were made so that one had to watch both to get the full story.

When I saw Futurama, I thought of Leela as Peg Bundy. It’s her definitive role.

??