Casting Couch (Anime to Live Action)

Well discussion elsewhere has gotten off-track and into Anne Hathaway storming naked through a military complex, so I thought what a good idea to decide amongst ourselves what “new ADV” properties could be made into a live-action movie, and cast Kristen Stewart as Lucy instead. :woohoo:

So similar to the “TAN casting call”, what “new ADV” title would you like to see as a live-action film, and who would you cast to fill the roles present in the movie? :unsure:

(Maybe if we are lucky we can pitch the ideas to someone? :side: )

Sorry, didn’t mean to side track the other topic…lol

Anyway, I always thought Chrono Crusade could make a good live action movie.

Kristen Bell as Rosette

Jared Padalecki as Chrono

John Barrowman as Father Ewan

Anne Hathaway as Satella

Miranda Cosgrove as Azmaria

Tilda Swinton as Sister Kate

Aion (Well, I have no idea)

And I could see Kristen Bell as Lucy, but I’m not so sure about Nyu. I can’t quite see her all cute and innocent.

Have to be a person willing to be nude for about 63% of their screen time

Oh man, I wouldn’t be any good at this. I’m way better at figuring out hypothetical casts for books I’ve read. Megan Fox would make an excellent Faye Valentine though. At least in terms of physical appearance.

[quote=PretearHimeno]
Oh man, I wouldn’t be any good at this. I’m way better at figuring out hypothetical casts for books I’ve read. Megan Fox would make an excellent Faye Valentine though. At least in terms of physical appearance.[/quote]

Yeah, I could definitely see that one.

Princess Nine would also make an excellent movie. Though casting that one could be hard.

Not very into modern movies, so don’t know that many actors. But I might think of something with some older actors. Interesting possibilites!

That’s alright. A few of mine I just pulled out of my ass as place savers…lol Especially Azmaria. I couldn’t think of anyone in that age bracket, except Miranda Cosgrove, Dakota Fanning, and Myle Cyrus. And I don’t think any of them have the vocal range to carry Azmaria, but I picked the least annoying, or frightening, of the three.

Well Dakota Fanning could be Edward from Bebop. :woohoo:

Or Ein! lol

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
That’s alright. A few of mine I just pulled out of my ass as place savers…lol Especially Azmaria. I couldn’t think of anyone in that age bracket, except Miranda Cosgrove, Dakota Fanning, and Myle Cyrus. And I don’t think any of them have the vocal range to carry Azmaria, but I picked the least annoying, or frightening, of the three.[/quote]

Don’t forget Dakota has a younger sister, Elle, who I think would be a good Azmaria.

[quote=PretearHimeno]
Oh man, I wouldn’t be any good at this. I’m way better at figuring out hypothetical casts for books I’ve read. Megan Fox would make an excellent Faye Valentine though. At least in terms of physical appearance.[/quote]

Megan Fox as Faye…can’t really see that. I say Anne Hathaway would be a better Faye…and she can storm naked through the ship with Ein chasing right after her.

Megan Fox would make a good…no nothing coming to me. Maybe a door stop?

For those really wanting to see Anne Hathaway nekked, just check out all her movies. You will find bits and pieces of her throughout them. All parts will be accounted for.

For Faye-Faye, I could more see Brooke Langton from that football movie with Keanu Reeves and Gene Hackman.

[quote=shadzar]
Megan Fox would make a good…no nothing coming to me. Maybe a door stop?

For those really wanting to see Anne Hathaway nekked, just check out all her movies. You will find bits and pieces of her throughout them. All parts will be accounted for.

For Faye-Faye, I could more see Brooke Burke from that football movie with Keanu Reeves and Gene Hackman.[/quote]

Actually, that was Brooke Langton and the movie was “The Replacements”

A live action Noir. A little bit of Le Femme Nikita, a touch of The Professional, a smattering of Bourne.
That would be nice. I think I’ll watch it now.

[quote=Tonka]
A live action Noir. A little bit of Le Femme Nikita, a touch of The Professional, a smattering of Bourne.
That would be nice. I think I’ll watch it now.[/quote]

Noir is another one I thought would be great live action too. It’s got a great plot line that could be easily accessible to those outside of anime fandom. Though I’m having trouble picking someone for Mirielle or Kirika…

And I make one post about Elfen Lied and now we have poor Anne Hathaway storming naked through everything. I feel kinda bad. Lol.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
And I make one post about Elfen Lied and now we have poor Anne Hathaway storming naked through everything. I feel kinda bad. Lol.[/quote]

I don’t know why, she even exposes herself in Princess Diaries the Disney movie where she ha her towel flapping around when the changing booth gets knocked over, and no edits were made even on the DVD to hide her naughty bits.

It is the second most famous Disney cat right behind the Cheshire Cat. :woohoo:

Ms Yukari could be played by Brittany Muprhy, Osaka could be played by Selma Blair, Kimura - Brad Pitt.

If you are gunna have Noir liveaction, you got to consider Madlax too :slight_smile:

[quote=shadzar]

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
And I make one post about Elfen Lied and now we have poor Anne Hathaway storming naked through everything. I feel kinda bad. Lol.[/quote]

I don’t know why, she even exposes herself in Princess Diaries the Disney movie where she ha her towel flapping around when the changing booth gets knocked over, and no edits were made even on the DVD to hide her naughty bits.

It is the second most famous Disney cat right behind the Cheshire Cat. :woohoo:

Ms Yukari could be played by Brittany Muprhy, Osaka could be played by Selma Blair, Kimura - Brad Pitt.[/quote]

Lol. Well she has been naked a lot on screen, so I doubt she would any issues with doing Lucy, at least in regards to the nudity…

Nice cast for Azumanga Daioh. But can you imagine try to cast all the teenage girls in it? lol

You mean WITH all teenage girls? I don’t even know any anymore…they all growed up. Emma Watson, Dakota Fanning, Dakota Blue Richards, Ashley Edner…Only one I could think of at the right age is Elle Fanning. :S

I can think of a few, but I think they are all owned by Nickelodeon or Disney. And I can’t even think of one of them that would be appropriate as a girl in Azumanga…