Demon King Daimao / Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao

You’re all right to a certain extent, we’re still working on the title. Not sure I can give out our options, but some of yours are pretty good!

That’s fine. I’ll just wait to see what you come up with! :slight_smile:

“Get Behind Me Satan” would make for an awesome title.

Just like the White Stripes song.

That would be awesome!

Thank you Hentau, thats been stuck at the tip of my tongue all day! Knew the name reminded me of something…damn that would be a pretty good title, dont think we can use it though, since it’s already a song title…O_o Great one though.

Don’t forget everyone!

We’re just two hours away from the simulcast!

Is the simulcast time the only time the episodes would be available? If it is 11 AM CT, then that’s the time I am walking out the door to go to work. I hope it’ll still be available on the online player after that.

I think the song it comes from is called “Blue Orchid”, but the album is called Get Behind Me Satan. Sure you can’t use it? :frowning: Bummer.

Per wiki:

“Get Thee Behind Me Satan” is a popular song written by Irving Berlin for the 1936 film Follow the Fleet, where it was introduced by Harriet Hilliard. It was originally written for Ginger Rogers in Top Hat (1935).

The title is a Biblical quotation, from Luke 4:5-8 referring to the Temptation of Jesus by Satan.

I am full of useless trivia!

The event is live RIGHT NOW!

What a great first episode. this type of show is right up my alley. I love the characters and story so far, and will continue to watch every week. Great pick up AN.
Slick

WIN! This was a fun first episode.

Dude, now CR’s gonna stream this? What gives? Did TAN now about this?

Other than that, overall good first ep. Worthy of a second ep. watch.

I just saw this over at ANN. Of course, people there are complaining about the subs, and can’t wait for “fan subs”. People really do make me sick.
Slick

I’ve got three comments to make.

First, spell-check dictionaries are program specific. As such a word you add to the dictionary in Firefox won’t be in the dictionary for Abiword, MS Word, or OpenOffice.org.

Second, you need to remember that there are a lot of implications and sub meanings in Japanese that don’t translate across to English well. But from what I’ve seen people guessing for a translated title the most accurate translation would probably be “In the Shadow of the Demon King”, particularly as that is a perfect description of where he is in the schools social hierarchy.

Third, wonderful first ep, I can’t wait for the rest. I especially hope to see this one make it into the VOD as I’ve got a friend who’d probably get a kick out of it, but she isn’t as tolerant of my computer not being able to decide if it can play it smoothly as I am as I’m a faster reader than her.

And this’ll probably make the majority of what anyone reads from me for a few weeks again.

How is it that both you guys and Crunchyroll have this now?

:ohmy: When I read the short description of the show, I though…MEH. But I saw the first episode and went OOOOH YEAH. That was great! I can’t wait to see more episodes. Great job TAN :laugh:

I am going to watch it hear then on Crunchyroll to see were it is better. At least non paying crunchyroll people can see it here. I have about 10 days left to renew My Crunchyroll membership, its not looking good. I didn’t watch anything at crunchyroll since the fall.

I just got done watching it. That was really good and looking forward to episode 2 and beyond to see where it goes.

My net connection is acting up enough to make the it stutter a bit but I did manage to watch all of it. So far so good. If not for the fanservice this would have been a great kids show. With it’s a good show for teens and up. Though the main guys picture on the side is freaking me out his torso looks like a really odd face.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2619/oddfaceinchest.jpg