Digimon / Digital Monsters (all of them)

Digimon Adventure

Genres: adventure, comedy, drama, science fiction
Themes: monsters
Objectionable content: None
Plot Summary: Seven kids are transported to the Digital World, a strange place where digital creatures called “Digimon” reside. A group of Digimon soon befriend them and keep the kids out of harm’s way. The children then become the Digidestined, or Chosen Children, which protect the Digital World from evil Digimon like Devilmon and Myotismon.
Number of episodes: 54
Vintage: 1999-08-14 to 2000-06-24 (USA)

ANN Info Page

Digimon Adventure 02

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy
Plot Summary: A few years after the adventures of the Digidestined in the Digital World, a new batch of Chosen Children are summoned to save the Digital World. An evil ruler known as the Digimon Kaizer, or Digimon Emperor, is forcing the Digital World’s Digimon into enslavement. The new group of Digidestined Children, with the help of their Digimon, then begin a journey to stop the evil Digimon Emperor.
Number of episodes: 50
Vintage: 2000-08-19 to 2001-05-19 (USA)

ANN Info Page

Digimon Tamers

Genres: adventure, drama, science fiction
Themes: cyberpunk, monsters
Plot Summary: Takato Matsuda, Ruki Matsuno, and Lee Jenrya are children who have, by fate, recieved real Digimon, unlike the imaginary ones in the card game they play. Each of the children, or “Digimon Tamers”, have their different views on how Digimon should be treated. But when other Digimon begin to appear around Japan, they must put aside their differences to fend off the digital intruders; even though Yamaki, who is the head of a secret organization called Hypnos is trying to eliminate all of the Digimon himself.
Number of episodes: 51
Vintage: 2001-09-01 to 2002-06-08 (USA)

ANN Info Page

Digimon Frontier

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy
Plot Summary: 5 children receive strange messages on their cell phones that lead them to a train that takes them to the “Digital World”; a strange world filled with bizzare creatures called “Digimon”. These children have been sent there to stop an evil Digimon named Cherubimon from completely annihilating the planet of all its inhabitants. In order to accomplish this, the 5 children must locate their “spirits”, which will evolve them into the Legendary Warrior Digimon. Unfortunately for them Cherubimon has ordered his servants to stop the kids from finishing the mission; eventually the children will have to fight Cherubimon’s forces in order to save the planet.
Number of episodes: 50
Vintage: 2002-09-09 to 2003-07-14 (USA)

ANN Info Page

Digimon: Data Squad

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, science fiction
Plot Summary: Masaru, is a second year Junior High student, and is undefeated in battle, He meets the Digital Monster Agumon, who has escaped from DATS, a secret government organization. Despite terrible first impressions, the two become best friends by talking with their “fists”. With others, Masaru and Agumon work to investigate various incidents involving the Digital World and Digital Monsters, to try and get to the bottom of things.
Number of episodes: 48
Vintage: 2006-04-02 to 2007-03-25

ANN Info Page

Digimon Fusion

Genres: action
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Taiki Kudō, an upbeat seventh-grade boy who always helps people in need, encounters a Digimon named Shoutmon, who brings him and his friends to the Digital World. With his friends Akari Hinomoto and Zenjirō Tsurugi, they form Team Xros Heart to compete against rival teams battling for supremacy, with their ultimate goal of taking down the evil Bagura Empire, who plans to conquer the Digital World.
Number of episodes: 54
Vintage: 2010-07-06 to 2011-09-25

ANN Info Page

Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time / Toki o Kakeru Shōnen Hunter-tachi

Number of episodes: 25
Vintage: 2011-10-02 to 2012-03-25

ANN Info Page

Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters

Genres: tournament
Plot Summary: Everyone in the world uses smartphone apps. But inside them lurks unknown creatures called “Appli Monsters,” or “Appmon.” The Appmon are AI lifeforms with the ability to think and act, and exist in the boundary between the human world and digital space. In the vast sea of the internet, the “last boss AI” Leviathan takes control of the Appmon with a virus and begins hacking every system, thus starting to control the human world from the world of the net. Haru Shinkai is led to acquire the Appli Drive, and uses it to materialize Gatchmon, a search app monster.
Number of Episodes: 52
Vintage: 2016-10-01

ANN Info Page

Digimon: Diaboromon Strikes Back (movie)Vintage: 2001-03-03
Digimon Tamers: The Adventurers’ Battle (movie) Vintage: 2001-07-14
Digimon Tamers Movie 6: The Runaway Digimon Express Vintage: 2002-03-02
Digimon Frontier Movie Vintage: 2002-07-20
Digital Monster X-Evolution (movie) Vintage: 2005-01-03
Digimon Savers the Movie - Ultimate Power! Burst Mode Invoke!! Vintage: 2006-12-09
Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 1: Reunion / Digimon Adventure tri. Saikai (movie) Vintage: 2015-11-21
Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 2: Determination / Digimon Adventure tri. Ketsui (movie) Vintage: 2016-03-12
Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 3: Confession / Digimon Adventure tri. Kokuhaku (movie) Vintage: 2016-09-24
Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 4: Loss / Digimon Adventure tri. Sōshitsu (movie) Vintage: 2017-02-25
Digimon Adventure tri.- Chapter 5: Coexistence / Digimon Adventure tri. Kyōsei (movie) Vintage: 2017-09-30 (Japan)

Digimon’s New Series Titled: Digimon Cross Wars

posted on 2010-04-17 23:04 EDT
Previously revealed Shoutmon to be main character’s partner

As much flak as the English Frontier OP got, I still love it and it’s still my favorite out of all the Digimon OPs.

Can’t link as it auto embeds, and it doesn’t allow embeds, so click the little red arrow on the right and copy/paste the url.

I use to love Digimon back in the day. I don’t think I ever went past season 3 though. I loved how they each had their own crazy kid with the goggles…lol

Good, old Digimon. Back when the internet, virual reality, and cyberspace was hitting it’s peak. Not only in anime but in live action as well. Can never go wrong with it. They should make more of it today, I say.

Your wish is granted!

Digimon’s New Anime Titled & Dated: Digimon Cross Wars in July

I take it, no one but me read the second post.

I was trying to go easy on Tonka. Maybe your vid distracted him…lol

Nooo…not digimon. I meant the whole cross/virtual/cyberspace traveling thing in general in both anime (check on digigimon, now bring more Lain-esque stuff) and live action in general. Like back in the late 90’s/early 2k

Gotcha! Anyone remember that show on Fox, VR-5?

I do! I do!

Lori Singer & … oh what the… Michael Easton!!

Or Harsh Realm, also on Fox.

And VR Troopers on Fox’s kids block.

Good! I didn’t hallucinate those!

Dude, those were the poop. Harsh Realm was awesome, sucks it got cancelled way too early.
And VR Troopers was hilarious, and I’m still waiting for the DVD’s.

Season 1 > Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 4 > Season 5

If it weren’t for season 4’s great character development, it would be last.

Digimon Xros Wars: Toki o Kakeru Shonen Hunter-tachi Title Confirmed

posted on 2011-08-26 04:06 EDT

New Digimon TV Series to Assemble Franchise’s Heroes

posted on 2011-09-09 00:45 EDT
Digimon Xros Wars: Toki o Kakeru Shonen Hunter-tachi to have lead characters from Digimon’s history.

Crunchyroll to Stream Digimon Xros Wars Anime

posted on 2011-11-02 15:55 EDT
2nd year of series that introduced new world, characters, Digimon creatures started in October

Digimon Xros Wars Joins The Crunchyroll Fall 2011 Lineup

Nov 2nd 2011

New Video Group to Release Digimon Adventure Season 1 on DVD

posted on 2012-08-02 18:15 EDT
Complete 54-episode series to be released in 8-disc set on October 9

ANN took their sweet time getting that info it’s been known for at least two weeks.

Saban Brands Acquires Digimon Anime Franchise

posted on 2012-09-25 18:15 EDT
Company to debut Digimon Fusion to potential broadcasters at MIPCOM next month

Nickelodeon to Air Digimon Fusion Anime Series

posted on 2013-02-05 15:45 EST
6th installment of Digimon anime franchise to premiere in English this year

Digimon Tamers DVDs Listed by U.S. Retailer

posted on 2013-02-09 23:27 EST

New Video Group Confirms Digimon Tamers on Dubbed DVD

posted on 2013-02-16 12:44 EST

Netflix Streams Both Digimon Adventure Seasons in Japanese

posted on 2013-08-02 16:00 EDT
Japanese version of 1st series available for 1st time in U.S.

New Digimon Project to Be Announced on December 21

posted on 2013-12-11 06:47 EST

Digimon Fusion Anime Joins CW’s Saturday Morning Lineup

posted on 2014-01-13 20:30 EST
6th installment of Digimon anime franchise to air on Vortexx starting on January 25

Digimon Adventure Anime Returns Next Spring in High School Sequel

posted on 2014-08-01 08:10 EDT
Digimon Adventure TV, Digimon films get Blu-ray boxes in 2015

1st Story Information for New Digimon Series Unveiled

posted on 2014-09-07 00:49 EDT
Silhouette of 17-year old Taichi also revealed

New Digimon Anime’s Older Hikari Previewed in Silhouette

posted on 2014-10-17 02:00 EDT
Taichi’s silhouette was previewed last month

New Digimon Anime’s Full Team Previewed in Silhouette, All Grown Up

posted on 2014-11-08 06:10 EST
Taichi, Yamato, Jō, Mimi, Sora, Takeru, Hikari, Kōshirō teased for spring anime