Fate Series (Type Moon)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/06/16/watch-sir-ian-mckellen-read-fatestay-night-invocation
June 16, 2016 1:55pm CDT
The award-winning actor known for both his classic and genre work has been interviewed by Bilibili

###Fate/Extra Last Encore TV Anime’s 2nd Promo Video Streamed
posted on 2016-12-31 12:16 EST
Akiyuki Simbo directs Shaft’s series premiering “next winter”

January 22, 2017

1 Like

I wonder if this means they are going to release Fate/Zero :huh:

Oh and it has the Bang Zoom cast so again, Sentai shows some cast consistancy, good job.

[quote=“mitamaking”]I wonder if this means they are going to release Fate/Zero :huh:

Oh and it has the Bang Zoom cast so again, Sentai shows some cast consistency, good job.[/quote]

From what I’ve heard the licensing cost for Zero is way overpriced. Perhaps a Fate/Stay Night rescue.

I thought Fate/Stay night: Unlimited Blade Works was just a recap of “Fate/Stay night” that they made a movie out of it. or is it diffrent?

Blade Works follows a different story arc than the series. The first series mainly focuses on the first arc in the game while the movie follows the second, or so people tell me.

Now I can see Sentai rescuing Fate/Stay Night but I wouldn’t hold out for Zero yet. It’s pretty expensive and I doubt Aniplex will be more reasonable before their import release runs its course. Perhaps next year though.

The cover art has been posted.

Oh by the way Amazon has the Fate / Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works [Blu-ray] for $19.99 which is $7.00 cheaper then the DVD release there.

[size=16]English Dub Cast[/size]

Rin Tohsaka - Mela Lee
Shirou Emiya - Sam Regal
Archer - Liam O’Brien
Shinji Matou - Doug Erholtz
Gilgamesh - Tomokazu Seki
Lancer - Tony Oliver
Caster - Tara Platt
Berserker - Michael McConnohie
Kirei Kotomine - Taylor Henry
Assassin - David Vincent
Taiga Fujimura - Julie Ann Taylor
Ilya - Jennifer Sekiguchi
Sakura Matou - Noriko Shitaya
Soichirou Kuzuki - Patrick Seitz
Rider - Karen Strassman

Source: The Fandom Post

Amazon has price matched Walmart.
Fate / Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works [Blu-ray] $16.99 for the Blu-ray.

[quote=“psychopuppet” post=116933]Amazon has price matched Walmart.
Fate / Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works [Blu-ray] $16.99 for the Blu-ray.[/quote]

Walmart? Is that in stores or online only?

[quote=“Newshawk”]

[quote=“psychopuppet”]Amazon has price matched Walmart.
Fate / Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works [Blu-ray] $16.99 for the Blu-ray.[/quote]

Walmart? Is that in stores or online only?[/quote]

Probably online only, but you can ship it to a store. Walmart has expanded their online media assortment to compete with Amazon. They’ve carried most anime releases for a while now.

So is this a decent Stand-alone feature? I’m trying to decide between using my credit for this or for Red Scorpion.

I picked this up and wasn’t disappointed with it. It follows the Rin Path in the Fate / Stay Night VN.

If you’re squeamish about violence.

Illyasviel dies a particularly gruesome death when Gilgamesh rips her heart out.

All in all though the animation is top notch and the story and the danger ramps up as the story progresses. It has a decent resolution as well, as Shiro comes to terms with himself. :wink:

[quote=“psychopuppet”]

[quote=“mitamaking”]I wonder if this means they are going to release Fate/Zero :huh:

Oh and it has the Bang Zoom cast so again, Sentai shows some cast consistancy, good job.[/quote]

From what I’ve heard the licensing cost for Zero is way overpriced. Perhaps a Fate/Stay Night rescue.[/quote]

Yeah Right Stuf has the Import pre order for Fate / Zero but it’s way over priced:

Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 1 (S) (Import) (US Customers)

Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 2 (S) (Import) (US Customers)

Would like a Fate Stay Night rescue because I’d like to have it in my collection. (Missed out when Funimation released it because money was tight at the time)

I’d say so. Some cursory knowledge of the Fate universe might help as the movie was maybe a little too light on the “magicians summon unknown historical figures from the past to magically battle for a Japanese version of the Holy Grail” premise, but that quote is really all you need to know :wink:

This was FAR more entertaining than Fate/Zero. More importantly, it is more “guy friendly” than Fate/Zero: more action, less pontificating about nothing, more violence, better animation, and (most importantly) it is not a total fangirl-fodder sausage fest (as Fate/Zero so is).

The dub is markedly average, I’d say that it is better than K-On and Madoka Magica but below the Funimation standout dubs (and obviously below the Sentai level).

Is it the greatest show ever? Not in my opinion, not by a long shot, but I enjoyed it, as did my friends who had only seen either Fate/Zero or nothing else of the Fate series. I should add that I saw Fate/Stay Night, though I saw it subbed and over 5 years ago so it hardly counts.

[quote=“Slowhand”]English Dub Cast:

Rin Tohsaka - Mela Lee
Shirou Emiya - Sam Regal
Archer - Liam O’Brien
Lancer - Tony Oliver
Caster - Tara Platt
Assassin - David Vincent
Rider - Karen Strassman

Source: The Fandom Post[/quote]

Ummm… Just a question, but why isn’t Michelle Ruff credited as Saber? (Actually there is no credit for Saber at all…)

[quote=“eurekasevenfan”]

[quote=“Slowhand”]English Dub Cast

Rin Tohsaka - Mela Lee
Shirou Emiya - Sam Regal
Archer - Liam O’Brien
Lancer - Tony Oliver
Caster - Tara Platt
Assassin - David Vincent
Rider - Karen Strassman

Source: The Fandom Post[/quote]

Ummm… Just a question, but why isn’t Michelle Ruff credited as Saber? (Actually there is no credit for Saber at all…)[/quote]

Good luck with an answer, I’m still trying to find out why Tomokazu Seki is credited in the English dub. :wink:

Why was this title taken off of online streaming?

Is it planned to return?

This was the best anime in the fate universe, next to Prototype (and Phantasm, if that counts) and it’s gone now. It’s the perfect way to wash the taste of “meh” away after watching the actual FSN. It’s FSN if all the inane, wannabe-intellectual babbling were converted to “hedonism” and wanton, on-screen violence. :wink: