[quote=Prede]
I have a guitar pick he once used.[/quote]

Hand. it. over. right. now![/quote]

Uh-oh…

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=Prede]
I have a guitar pick he once used.[/quote]

Hand. it. over. right. now![/quote]

I didn’t know female-type was into that sort of thing. It probably should be my avatar. You don’t want me to explain any further.

Wow, this deep and no mention of Allen Collins or Gary Rossington? Skynyrd does a better take on the Clapton version of Crossroads than Clapton did. Collins’ death really is the biggest tradgedy of the whole Skynyrd saga.

And on that note, Hughie Thomasson was something else, too. Green Grass and High Tides Foreever… Billy Crain, who kind of replaces him in the current version of the Outlaws, is pretty darn good too. RIP Hughie.

And just to tie up the Skynyrd end of things, Rickey Medlocke is also an amazing guitar player. He had his own band, Blackfoot, before becoming a part of Skynyrd where he’s been for over 10 years. (there is a Blackfoot touring now that uses a different guy for lead and singer who was in the band a short time in the 80s).

Hard to mention Duane Allman without mentioning Dickey Betts… I have all his solo stuff and have played the crap out of most of them. Saw him this summer, still as good as ever.

I wouldn’t argue with Toy Caldwell, either. The current lineup of MTB does a good job on those songs, too.

Bobby Ingraham of Molly Hatchet is a talented guy. There were times when he was the only guy in the band that could date back to the 80s. Saw them over the summer, too.

It’s hard to keep track of all the shows I’ve seen live and who was really exceptional, but the boys in Little Feat are something else, too. And except for the drummer it’s all the original band. Guys have been together longer than I’ve even been alive for crying out loud. That’s a band I would say if you can go see them, do it, you won’t regret it.

OMFG Rebecca1/2 just said everything I was thinking. Let’s go to a concert sometime :slight_smile: