Favorite Music

I don’t see a thread like this anywhere, so I decided to make one.

What is your favorite song, artist, band, genre, etc.? It can be music from today and the past, all sorts of categories, hell you can even post J-Pop/anime songs.

My favorite songs are “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen, “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne, “Lasso” by Phoenix, “Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5, “You Give Me Something” by James Morrison, “Everlong” by Foo Fighters, and “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” by Daft Punk.

Basically, I like all genres of music. But more specifically, I listen to mostly Alternative Rock. I am not a fan of today’s rap music, but I do like old school rap. Eminem is an exception.

And I hate Ke$ha with a passion…

[size=16]Right now I’m really diggin’ on The Black Keys. Great sound, and they’ve come around at just the right time, I almost gave up on new music but these dudes are kicking my ass so hard it’s crazy.
[/size]

That’s a sick song man.

All should bow to the majesty which is Jimi, greatest guitar player ever.

also he’s a lefty which is a definite plus in my book :slight_smile:

Cbus82 wrote:

[quote]All should bow to the majesty which is Jimi, greatest guitar player ever.

also he’s a lefty which is a definite plus in my book :)[/quote]

A lefty who played a right handed guitar upside down which makes it even cooler B) !

It’s the power of voodoo that does it :slight_smile:

Woosh, never really thought about it, but VNV Nation is a definite for favorite band. If I had to choose a favorite song… Hmmm… It would have to be “Still Waters” or “Farthest Star”. All of the songs have some sort of meaning/symbolism to them and it’s very deep, never meaningless, which is why they are my favorite band. Have gone to 2 concerts, all of which have been too amazing for words to describe.

Cbus82 wrote:

[quote]All should bow to the majesty which is Jimi, greatest guitar player ever.

also he’s a lefty which is a definite plus in my book :)[/quote]

Jimi Hendrix is cool and all, but he has nothing against Slash.

Have you heard his guitar solos?

I know it’s cliche to say it, but I’m really cool with all genres of music. I get bored if I dedicate myself to one or two genres.

Ironically, the genre I’ve been listening to a lot of lately is post-rock, a style of music which is criticized for having little diversity. I can speak to that, since a lot of the post-rock bands I’ve heard sound very similar. However, when you find a band that provides unique elements to their music, MAN is it satisfying.

Some examples of my favorite post-rock bands:

We do have a thread where people have posted songs they like in forms of videos http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,11/func,view/id,17191/, but it has kind of deviated from that lately. It’s also a very bipolar thread in terms of activity. So if you’re interested in hearing specific songs members have posted, check that thread out, though feel free to continue posting in this thread!

without Jimi there would be no Slash, but I digress. With my musical inclinations my mother says I should have been born in the 70’s, although I do love a good blues track every now and then (once again all hail Jimi!). To go along with that I still listen to my old record collection constantly, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Blue Oyster Cult, even the Beatles (If you want a good guitar solo listen to 'While my guitar gently weeps). My poor zoso album almost won’t play anymore it’s gotten so much use

Cbus82 wrote:

You tell him Cbus. ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’, great guitar solo and all around great song.

Cbus82 wrote:

Oh, now see, now you’ve done it. “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” is a Beatles song, but the guitar solo is played by Eric Clapton. George said that his guitar ‘weeped’ much better than his.

Ohoho

Speaking of The Beatles, “Hey Jude” is by far they best song they’ve ever made in my opinion.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]

Oh, now see, now you’ve done it. “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” is a Beatles song, but the guitar solo is played by Eric Clapton. George said that his guitar ‘weeped’ much better than his.[/quote]

No disrespect to Clapton, after all “Clapton is God”. But I always thought he was more technical and precise and Hendrix was so raw.

My Heart Beats Hip Hip.

But i Do like That Old Pink’s Album. Like Just like a Pill.

Hopefully this fits here. Just heard it on YouTube. A cover of September by Little Ni.

(Already watched it 5 times…)