Futurama

FUTURAMA

Futurama is an animated American science fiction sitcom created by Matt Groening (The Simpsons) and developed by Groening and David X. Cohen for the Fox network. The series follows the adventures of a late 20th-century New York City pizza delivery boy, Philip J. Fry, who, after being unwittingly cryogenically frozen for a thousand years, finds employment at Planet Express, an interplanetary delivery company in the retrofuturistic 31st-century.

In the United States, the series aired from March 28, 1999 to August 10, 2003 on Fox before ceasing production. Futurama was then aired in reruns on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, from January 2003 to December 2007, when the network’s contract expired. It was revived in 2007 as four straight-to-DVD films; the last of the four was released in early 2009. Comedy Central entered into an agreement with 20th Century Fox Television to syndicate the existing episodes and air the films as new episodes in an episodic format.

Comedy Central began airing Futurama on January 2, 2008, with new episodes starting on March 23, 2008.[3] On June 9, 2009, producing studio 20th Century Fox announced that Comedy Central had picked up the show for 26 new half-hour episodes scheduled to begin airing on June 24, 2010.

Number of Seasons: 7
Number of episodes: 140

Source: Wikipedia

1 Like

Season 7 of Futurama starts Tomorrow Night, June 24 with THREE NEW Episodes on Comedy Central!

"Into the Wild Green Yonder"
Thursday, June 24
8:00pm ET/7:00pm CT
8:30pm ET/7:30pm CT
9:00pm ET/8:00pm CT
9:30pm ET/8:30pm CT

"Rebirth"
Thursday, June 24
10:00pm ET/9:00pm CT
12:30am ET/11:30pm CT
Sunday, June 27
Midnight ET/11:00pm CT
Monday, June 28
Tuesday, June 29
Wednesday, June 30

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela"
Thursday, June 24
10:30pm ET/9:30pm CT
Friday, June 25
1:00am ET/Midnight CT
Sunday, June 27
Tuesday, June 29
Thursday, July 1
9:30pm ET/8:30pm CT

You beat me to it Slow! :wink:

I can’t wait to check out the new episodes. Futurama was always better in episodic format, rather than it’s recent movies.

Oh man,I’ve been waiting forever for this! I advise everyone to take off their nostalgia goggles for this one, since theyre still not in the groove. WHOO more futurama!

[size=5]Bite my shiny metal a![/size]**

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2755/futurama1.jpg

I screwed up… there are THREE new eps on tomorrow night, for some reason, the first one wasn’t marked as NEW in my guide.

I fixed the post above. :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t this show kinda jump the shark in Season 6 or was that change to be just a bad dream of Fry’s?

It’s been ages since I have seen this show.

May have watch in last year on CT, stopped with the cloned children stealing the show and material getting really stoopid.

Season six? There were only four seasons. The Professor’s kid was the only clone; in one episode he and Hermes’s son take over Planet Express - by the end of the show everything is back to normal.

My only bother with this is I liked the way the series wrapped up it’s run. Fry finally got Leela’s attention. Hopefully the new episodes find a creative way to not ruin that ending… because of course it can’t stay that way for the show to work the same way, a good part of the humor was Fry’s always trying and usually failing (in ways that ranged from minor and amusing to huge and heart-breaking). Really this was for me the best-written of Fox’s animated shows.

I still laugh my ass off for the episode where Zoidberg has to go back to his planet to mate - not only a rip off of the Ponn Farr episode of Star Trek, but before they fight they have to play the national anthem - and the music is the fighting music from same episode of Star Trek! Speaking of which… how about the Star Trek episode? … The end of the episode Jurassic Bark, if that doesn’t bring a tear or two, you’re not human. Time Keeps On Skippin’ isn’t much better. Not every ep was great, but the ones that are good really stand out.

Bender is my hero!!! I like to believe we think alike

You were right the first time. “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama:_Into_the_Wild_Green_Yonder” was the 3rd Futurama movie they made for Comedy Central. It was originally shown on TV August 30, 2009.

rebecca1/2 wrote:

[quote]Season six? There were only four seasons.
[/quote]

Actually there is 5 seasons the movies were the 5th season. This upcoming starting tonight will be counted as the the 6th season.

There is 7 seasons if you go broadcast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Futurama_episodes_by_broadcast_order

Just a reminder comedy central Says it starts tonight at 10pm

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Season 7 of Futurama starts TONIGHT, June 24 with TWO NEW Episodes on Comedy Central!

"Rebirth"
Thursday, June 24
Sunday, June 27
Monday, June 28
Tuesday, June 29
Wednesday, June 30

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela"
Thursday, June 24
Friday, June 25
Sunday, June 27
Tuesday, June 29
Thursday, July 1
9:30pm ET/8:30pm CT[/quote]

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Slowhand wrote:

starts TONIGHT, June 24 with TWO NEW Episodes on Comedy Central!

“Rebirth”
Thursday, June 24
Sunday, June 27
Monday, June 28
Tuesday, June 29
Wednesday, June 30

“In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela”
Thursday, June 24
Friday, June 25
Sunday, June 27
Tuesday, June 29
Thursday, July 1
9:30pm ET/8:30pm CT[/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue:

At long last. The show is back!! :smiley:

I am so happy they are bringing it back and with the original voice actors. I always thought it was so much better than The Simpsons. And that’s not saying The Simpsons suck, I just think they let him do more with Futurama that made it truly unique.

what i saw of the new episodes they were pretty funny…

yoka

Now does it look just as good as the previous seasons, or is there a noticeable difference in animation quality?

Inquiring minds want to know?

I did not notice any difference in animation quality. I really enjoyed the episodes.