Ghost in the Shell / Kōkaku Kidōtai

Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime’s 1st Full Trailer Streamed

posted on 2013-05-11 00:55 EDT
Motoko, 501st head “Kurutsu,” combat cyborg “Raizō” appear; “salyu x salyu” sings ending

Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime’s “DECODE 501FILE” Promo Streamed

posted on 2013-05-17 07:00 EDT
Voice actress Mayumi Asano narrates video as Kurutsu for upcoming OVA series

Ghost in the Shell Arise TV Ads Pitch Microsoft Surface Tablets

posted on 2013-06-03 09:15 EDT
Mokoto Kusanagi shown in action using Surface in TV ads

Microsoft is pitching their surface everywhere, it seems.

I was naive to think that they’d contain their shameless plugging to CBS television shows and keep it out of anime. Though I really can’t say that I mind the shameless plugging so much. It’s nice to see some pushback against Apple plugging on the screen (though Japan doesn’t seem to have too much of that.

…I’m fairly concerned that someone related to Mardock Scramble and D’Eon is both script supervisor and writer. The former had some issues and the latter was a show that started off strong but fell into a mess in the second half, culminating with one of the most illogical and anti-climatic endings I’ve seen.

The character design deviates too much from the original, vastly superior, GitS character design for my tastes.

Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime Short Promotes Microsoft Tablets

posted on 2013-06-04 10:40 EDT
“Another Mission” has Motoko using Surface to grab data on terrorists without dialogue

Ghost in the Shell Arise Opening Song’s Music Video Streamed

posted on 2013-06-10 17:30 EDT
New website opens to promote Cornelius’ music for upcoming video anime series

Funimation Acquires Ghost in the Shell: Arise Anime

posted on 2013-06-14 18:30 EDT
Imported Blu-ray with English subs, Japanese O-card, film strip, English booklet

Wonder how much it’ll cost, and will they wait a year then release it later with a dub track?

It will cost enough that the 2500 copies will sell out fairly fast, it is a popular series, with some negative feedback because of the price.

A lot of people will be left wanting the dubbed domestic releases “right now”, which means we will be bombarded with online gripes in various forums about how long it takes to get the dubs out.

It is a odd situation for Funimation to find itself in, a sub only import release is not something that they would normally be associated with.

Mark Gosdin

Well…perhaps they need the quick cash influx to help with the licensing cost. Can’t have been cheap, and with Eva 3.33 and HxH (if the rumors are true) and their “we dub everything” stance (We Without Wings…why!?)…

So now when can we expect Sentai to jump into the direct import market?

Ghost in the Shell Arise’s 1st 8 Minutes Posted with English Subs

posted on 2013-06-14 05:20 EDT
Ghost Pain’s beginning also streamed in HD without subtitles

So Funimation was hit over the head and then, when it awoke, thought it was Aniplex of America?

Will this really sell out, when IMO the expectation is obvious (as was pointed out already herein lol) that a dubbed combo pack will come out a year or so after this import, if even that, and will be much cheaper?

The import of Fate/Zero is still available on RightStuf, and I thought that was a “limited run” as well. Was it? Either way it is not the best sign for Funimation’s “plan” but if it was a limited run then it makes a stronger case against Funi’s idea. Regardless, now that it is all but certain that a dubbed blu-ray of Fate/Zero will be released in the US, I do not really expect those imports to sell out.

I really don’t expect that I will be buying this as this release offers me nothing, to my knowledge, of interest to me that I cannot get from simply streaming this. Now if Funimation does not stream this as it airs, and Crunchy also does not, then I’ll be irked.

New Ghost in the Shell Arise Promo Showcases Blu-ray Release

posted on 2013-06-22 08:20 EDT
2nd volume “Ghost Whispers” to open on November 30

Just because of how awesome it is, This needs to be posted here: (from Crunchyroll)

Get Hacked By “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex” Augmented Reality Shirt

July 12, 2013 12:02pm EDT
Wearer’s face obscured by Laughing Man symbol when shot with smart phone app

Ghost in the Shell Arise 2nd Episode’s Teaser Streamed

posted on 2013-08-30 13:45 EDT
“Border:2 Ghost Whispers” to open in theaters in Japan on November 30

Here’s the full trailer for episode 2: Ghost Whispers

• It looks like Motoko and Batou are having a difference of opinion…*

< video has been removed >

anybody play any of the ghost in the shell video games?

New art style fails. Stop the madness…

Ghost in the Shell: Arise’s Web-Exclusive Episode Streamed

posted on 2013-11-15 15:00 EST
Kotoko dives into depths of cyber network to promote website’s domain change

Ghost in the Shell Arise 2nd Episode’s 1st 8 Minutes Streamed with Subtitles

posted on 2013-11-19 12:35 EST
“Border:2 Ghost Whispers” opens in theaters in Japan on November 30