Hasbro News

This thread will feature programming on the Discovery Family Channel and General Hasbro News.

The Hub makes changes to their overnight lineup starting April 1.

[quote]Starting April 1, The Hub is changing their late-night weeknight line-up. No longer will the primetime line-up from 7pm-midnight repeat from 1-6am.

The regular primetime portion from 7-11pm will remain the same, with Animaniacs from 7-8, alternating movies and series from 8-10 and Hercules at 10pm. However, Batman Beyond and Batman: The Animated Series will now air in the 11pm hour, replacing Sliders. At midnight, movies and series will now fill the midnight-2am timeslots. Mondays and Wednesdays will be movies and Tuesdays will be Who’s the Boss? – which is joining the network.

Then, starting at 2am is now a two-hour sitcom block. Laverne & Shirley will start off followed by Happy Days and Mork & Mindy. Then weeknight airings of Who’s the Boss? fill the 3:30am slot followed by Sliders each night at 4am.

The 5am hour will now be occupied by Transformers Generation 1 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. This marks The Hub’s first move of the two classic Hasbro animated series from their midnight hour since the network launched in October 2010.

So far, no other changes are being made to the regular weekday line-up. Stay with us for continued updates, in case changes are also made to the weekend schedule as well.[/quote]

The Hub Upfront 2013

[quote]A comprehensive list of The Hub’s 2013-’14 programming slate is as follows:

Summer 2013

“Wizards vs Aliens” (Hub Acquired Series – Live Action)

Created by Russell T Davies and Phil Ford — the creative forces behind “Doctor Who” and “Torchwood” — the series follows the adventures of two 16-year-old school boys, Tom and Benny, who battle to save Earth from the Nekross, an alien race. While Tom lives a seemingly ordinary life with his dad and grandmother, he hides a deep secret: his family members are wizards. Following the tremendous success of season one in the UK, “Wizards vs Aliens” will make its American debut on The Hub. The series is produced by BBC Cymru Wales and FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment.

“SheZow” (Hub Acquired Series – Animated)

Twelve-year-old Guy Hamdon is a natural cut-up who fancies himself an extreme dude with his own catch phrase, “It’s a GUY thing.” Guy lives the dream of every rough-and-tumble boy when he discovers an awesome power ring belonging to his deceased aunt, which transforms him into a mighty superhero SheZow! There’s just one tiny catch — the ring that gives Guy his amazing super powers was only meant to be worn by a girl and the result is absolutely she-larious! Guy must use his super powers to battle mega-villains while sporting an outrageous female superhero costume, which actually ends up helping him tremendously on his own personal journey toward becoming one heck of a super man. The series is produced by Moody Street Kids & Kickstart Productions Inc.

Fall 2013

“Spooksville” (Hub Original Series – Live Action)

Based on the acclaimed book series by author Christopher Pike, the new kid in town discovers that he holds the key to a battle between good and evil that has been taking place for centuries in a bizarre small town that plays host to a wide array of supernatural and unexplained occurrences. The half-hour series is produced by Front Street Pictures and Springville Productions in association with Jane Startz Productions.

“Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch” (Hub Original Series – Animated)

The pop culture phenomenon SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH will return to television in the all-new original animated series with “High School Musical” star Ashley Tisdale, who lends her voice to the lead character of Sabrina. The series features the iconic teen character re-imagined for a new generation. The series is produced by Moonscoop; Archie Comic Publications, Inc.; DSK Group, India; Laughing Lion; and Telegael Teoranta.

“Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising” (Hub Original Family Movie – Animated)

The eagerly anticipated conclusion of the CG animated Daytime Emmy¼ Award winning series will make its network television premiere as a Hub Original Family Movie. A 90-minute epilogue to the final season wraps up the series that chronicles the epic battle between the Decepticons and the Autobots in their mission to defend Earth and one day restore their home planet of Cybertron. The Hub Original Family Movie is produced by Hasbro Studios. The final season of “Transformers Prime Beast Hunters” begins on Friday, March 22, 7:30 p.m. ET.

Early 2014

“Stan Lee’s Mighty 7” (Hub Original Family Movie – Animated)

Stan Lee executive produces and stars in this Hub Original Family Movie as an animated version of himself, a legendary superhero creator teaching a crew of alien prisoners and their jailers, who have crash-landed on Earth, how to work together and use their powers to be superheroes. The series features brand new characters voiced by an all-star cast. The Hub Original Family Movie, which is produced by A2 Entertainment, Archie Comic Publications, Inc., and Stan Lee’s POW Entertainment, will serve as a springboard for a potential future television series.

Returning Hub Original Series/Specials with new episodes (in chronological order)

“The Aquabats! Super Show!” (Season two premiering this summer produced by BatMagic)

“Pound Puppies” (Season three premiering this summer produced by Hasbro Studios)

“Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters” (Season two “Clash of the Duel Masters” premiering this summer produced by Hasbro Studios)

“Family Game Night” (Season four premiering this summer produced by Hasbro Studios and Zoo Productions)

“R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour: The Series” (Season four premiering this fall produced by Front Street Pictures in association with The Hatchery, LLC)

“My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” (Season four premiering this winter produced by Hasbro Studios)

“Littlest Pet Shop” (Season two premiering this winter produced by Hasbro Studios)

“Transformers Rescue Bots” (Season two premiering this winter produced by Hasbro Studios)

“Secret Millionaires Club” (22 all-new specials produced by A Squared Entertainment to run monthly on The Hub)[/quote]

About what I expected on the renewals. Good to see Kaijudo back. Looking forward to SheZow.

What this station needs is some anime, help pad out its programming. They should do what Sy-Fy and CN did when they first started.

I see The Hub as everything that Nickelodeon was back in the 90’s. I just hope it doesn’t end up the way Nickelodeon is now.

I’m also pretty certain that the unexpected success of My Little Pony got The Hub a lot more viewers. If it weren’t for that show, I wouldn’t have even known The Hub existed until maybe their acquisition of The Animaniacs.

Something I hadn’t realized at first was no Dan.Vs renewal. Oh well it was a great 3 season series while it lasted.

As for anime, The Hub did have Deltora Quest at launch but I too hope for more in the future.

From NaM:

June Premiere Highlights - Name change to Hub Network

[quote]LOS ANGELES – Starting in June, two new series and three returning series will premiere on Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families. The new series include the popular U.K. adventure-fantasy series “Wizards vs Aliens” from Executive Producer Russell T Davies (“Doctor Who”) and “SheZow,” an Australian series featuring a 12-year-old boy who inherits the superhero persona of his deceased aunt – the kick-butt, FEMALE superhero SheZow! Additionally, Hub Network will feature original episodes of “The Aquabats! Super Show!” from Awesome Forces Productions, as well as “Pound Puppies” and “Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters,” both from Hasbro Studios.

On Saturday, June 1 at 9:00 a.m. ET, two all-new, back-to-back episodes of “Pound Puppies” will premiere. New episodes will continue to air in the show’s regular time period, Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. ET.

Later that same day, on Saturday, June 1 at 12:30 p.m. ET, “SheZow” will make its network debut.

Also on Saturday, June 1 at 1:00 p.m. ET, “The Aquabats! Super Show!” returns with new episodes.

That night, Saturday, June 1 at 7 p.m. ET, “Wizards vs Aliens” premieres with two back-to-back episodes. New episodes will air weekly on Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. ET.

“Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters” returns with all-new episodes on Friday, June 21 at 3:30 p.m. ET.[/quote]

[quote=“Snowy Stampede” post=140555]From NaM:

June Premiere Highlights - Name change to Hub Network

[/quote]

kids shouldnt be having families. this is what is wrong with HASBRO, they ignore the Great Depression and child labor laws and somehow think that kids are running around watching Pound Puppies and having kids of their own and working jobs to buy things for both. They don’t understand the economy and jsut try to milk every dime out of everyone they can get it from

oh GLEEMAX! HASBRO’s attempt at a website where ALL game makers would join them and license their games for online use on HASBRO servers and such.

HUB just feels like Boomerang without the Hanna/Barbera titles, or as it was a retro 80s cartoon network with all the properties they have been able to acuire that CN couldn’t.

HASBRO Family Game Night
 bahahahaha
 a joke.

they should just rename it to what it is HASBRO Network rather than HUB (HASBRO Universal Broadcasting) Network. :whistle:

[/HASBRO rant]

was Deltora Quest the one with the belt and the jewels? Didn’t they also show Spider Riders, or was that some no-name TV channel?

[quote=“shadzar” post=140569]

was Deltora Quest the one with the belt and the jewels?[/quote]

Yes.

No. It ran on Kids WB in 2006-07. It currently plays on This TV.

:blink:

Since the Hub Network didn’t mention Equestria Girls in their upfront, this film will at least provide a good fill to promote the upcoming series.

Jem and the Holograms marathon on Sunday May 26th from 12:30 P.M-3:00 P.M.

Episodes to air:
-“The Beginning”
-“Disaster”
-“Kimber’s Rebellion”
-“Frame Up”
-“Battle of the Bands”

Source: http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/05/15/outrageous-hub-network-presents-jem-marathon-on-may-26/

[size=6]Hub Network Summer 2013 Schedule[/size]

Returning:

-Weekdays: Fraggle Rock
-Late-Saturday nights: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
-Late-Sunday (early-Monday): Endurance, Dennis and Gnasher and In the Night Garden.

Leaving:

Animal Mechanicals, Dan Vs., Transformers Animated, Doogie Howser, M.D., Family Ties

Effective: Saturday, June 1, 2013

Weekdays
6:00AM The Adventures of Chuck & Friends
6:30AM Transformers Rescue Bots
7:00AM The Super Hero Squad Show
7:30AM Animaniacs
8:00AM Animaniacs
8:30AM Fraggle Rock
9:00AM Fraggle Rock
9:30AM Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot
10:00AM Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures
10:30AM Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures
11:00AM The Twisted Whiskers Show
11:30AM Littlest Pet Shop
12:00PM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
12:30PM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
1:00PM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
1:30PM Pound Puppies
2:00PM Pound Puppies
2:30PM Pound Puppies
3:00PM Littlest Pet Shop
3:30PM Transformers Rescue Bots
4:00PM The Super Hero Squad Show
4:30PM Transformers Prime
5:00PM Superman: The Animated Series
5:30PM Batman: The Animated Series
6:00PM Batman Beyond

Mondays-Wednesdays
6:30PM The Haunting Hour (Mon/Tue) Goosebumps (Wed)
7:00PM Animaniacs
7:30PM Animaniacs
8:00PM Movie (Mon/Tue) Who’s the Boss? (4 eps Wed)
10:00PM Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
11:00PM Batman Beyond
11:30PM Batman: The Animated Series
12:00AM Movie (Mon/Tue) Who’s the Boss? (4 eps Wed)
2:00AM Laverne & Shirley
2:30AM Happy Days
3:00AM Mork & Mindy
3:30AM Who’s the Boss?
4:00AM Sliders
5:00AM Transformers (Generation 1)
5:30AM G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

Thursdays
6:30PM Goosebumps
7:00PM Wizards Vs Aliens
7:30PM Wizards Vs Aliens
8:00PM ALF
8:30PM ALF
9:00PM Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
9:30PM Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
10:00PM Happy Days
10:30PM Happy Days
11:00PM Laverne & Shirley
11:30PM Laverne & Shirley
12:00AM ALF
12:30AM ALF
1:00AM Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
1:30AM Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
2:00AM Happy Days
2:30AM Happy Days
3:00AM Laverne & Shirley
3:30AM Laverne & Shirley
4:00AM Sliders
5:00AM Transformers (Generation 1)
5:30AM G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

Fridays
6:30PM Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters (New Starting June 21 as Clash of the Duel Masters)
7:00PM Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters
7:30PM Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters (New Episodes)
8:00PM Movie
10:00PM Family Game Night
11:00PM Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
12:00AM Who’s the Boss?
12:30AM Who’s the Boss?
1:00AM ALF
1:30AM ALF
2:00AM Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
2:30AM Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
3:00AM Happy Days
3:30AM Happy Days
4:00AM Laverne & Shirley
4:30AM Mork & Mindy
5:00AM Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show

Saturdays
6:00AM Animaniacs
6:30AM Pound Puppies
7:00AM Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot
7:30AM Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot
8:00AM Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures
8:30AM Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures
9:00AM Pound Puppies
9:30AM Pound Puppies (New Episodes)
10:00AM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
10:30AM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
11:00AM Littlest Pet Shop
12:00PM Animaniacs
12:30PM SheZow (New Episodes)
1:00PM The Aquabats! Super Show! (New Episodes)
1:30PM Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation
2:00PM Transformers Prime
2:30PM Transformers Prime
3:00PM Movie
5:00PM Goosebumps
5:30PM Goosebumps
6:00PM The Haunting Hour
6:30PM The Haunting Hour
7:00PM Wizards Vs Aliens
7:30PM Wizards Vs Aliens (New Episodes)
8:00PM Movie
10:00PM Movie
12:00AM Movie
2:00AM Wizards Vs Aliens
2:30AM Wizards Vs Aliens
3:00AM Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
4:00AM Laverne & Shirley
4:30AM The Game of Life
5:00AM Scrabble Showdown
5:30AM Pictureka!

Sundays
6:00AM Animaniacs
6:30AM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
7:00AM Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot
7:30AM Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot
8:00AM Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures
8:30AM Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures
9:00AM Pound Puppies
9:30AM Pound Puppies
10:00AM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
10:30AM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
11:00AM Littlest Pet Shop
12:00PM Animaniacs
12:30PM SheZow
1:00PM Movie
3:00PM Movie
5:00PM Movie
7:00PM Family Game Night
8:00PM The Game of Life
8:30PM The Game of Life
9:00PM ALF
9:30PM ALF
10:00PM Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
10:30PM Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
11:00PM Happy Days
11:30PM Happy Days
12:00AM Laverne & Shirley
12:30AM Laverne & Shirley
1:00AM ALF
1:30AM ALF
2:00AM Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
2:30AM Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
3:00AM Happy Days
3:30AM Happy Days
4:00AM Endurance: High Sierras
4:30AM Endurance: High Sierras
5:00AM Dennis and Gnasher
5:30AM In the Night Garden

I found the first episodes of the new shows enjoyable this weekend. SheZow was hilarious and Wizards vs. Aliens actually kept me entertained.

From http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/06/17/tiny-toon-adventures-joins-hub-network-this-july/:

[size=6]“Tiny Toon Adventures” Joins Hub Network This July[/size]

From http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/07/15/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-movie-premieres-september-1-on-the-hub-network/:

[size=6]“My Little Pony Equestria Girls” Movie Premieres September 1 on The Hub Network[/size]

[quote]LOS ANGELES – The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, will have the exclusive network television premiere of the Hasbro Studios’ feature film, “My Little Pony Equestria Girls,” on Sunday, September 1 at noon ET. The family movie is a whole new dimension into the world of My Little Pony.

In “My Little Pony Equestria Girls,” Twilight Sparkle’s crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, and she must pursue the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet
high school. With help from her new friends who remind her of Ponyville’s Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds.

“My Little Pony Equestria Girls” is executive produced by Stephen Davis, Chris Bartelman and Kristen Newlands. It stars the cast of “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic,” including Tara Strong (“Twilight Sparkle”), Ashleigh Ball (“Applejack”; “Rainbow Dash”), Andrea Libman (“Fluttershy”; “Pinkie Pie”), Tabitha St. Germain (“Rarity”), and Cathy Weseluck (“Spike”).

Leading into the premiere of “My Little Pony Equestria Girls” is the “Hub Network’s My Little Pony Fan Favorite Poll” Winner Marathon (10:00 a.m. – noon ET), during which the “fan favorite” pony as voted by viewers will be unveiled. Voting for the “fan favorite” pony among the “mane six” (Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack) kicks off Thursday, July 18 at Comic-Con International: San Diego at the Hub Network booth (#4118). Online voting begins immediately following Comic-Con on Monday, July 22 at Hubworld.com/vote4ponies.[/quote]

From http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/08/30/transformers-prime-beast-hunters-predacons-rising-movie-premieres-october-4-on-the-hub-network/:

[size=6]“Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising” Movie
Premieres October 4 on The Hub Network[/size]

From http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/09/05/haunted-hub-this-october-includes-sabrina-secrets-of-a-teenage-witch-spooksville-premieres/:

[size=6]Haunted Hub This October Includes “Sabrina: Secrets of a
Teenage Witch” & “Spooksville” Premieres[/size]

From http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/09/06/the-hub-network-acquires-90s-sitcom-step-by-step-starting-october-7/:

[size=6]The Hub Network Acquires ’90s Sitcom “Step by Step” Starting
October 7[/size]

[spoiler]http://www.nickandmore.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Step-by-Step.jpg

[quote]via the Hub Network press release:

HAVE SOME FAMILY-FRIENDLY FUN WITH THE HUB NETWORK’S PREMIERE OF “STEP BY STEP” BEGINNING MONDAY, OCT. 7

This Marks the Show’s First Return to Television In More Than Three Years

LOS ANGELES – The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, continues to add to its slate of fun family programming with the Hub Network premiere of the hit 90s show “Step by Step,” Monday, October 7, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. The series will air weekdays at 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. ET/4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. PT. “Step by Step” has not aired on television in more than three years.

In the hit series, Suzanne Somers and Patrick Duffy star as two mismatched parents who meet on vacation, fall in love and spontaneously decide to marry. The newlyweds both have three children and must face the monumental challenge of blending their very different families into one.

A Bickley/Warren and Miller/Boyett Production in association with Warner Bros. Television, “Step By Step” is distributed by Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution.[/quote]

[/spoiler]

UPDATE:

[size=5]Hub Network October: “Step by Step” Joins, Plus A Few Other Schedule Changes[/size]

[quote]As we’ve mentioned, Step by Step is joining the Hub Network on October 7. The ‘90s sitcom will air weeknights from 7-8pm and encore later from 2-3am on Mondays-Thursdays.

With the addition, there are a few other regular schedule changes. First up, weekday mornings get a small switch – with Transformers Prime moving up half-an-hour to 7:30am and Batman: The Animated Series sliding down to 8am. However, on Fridays mornings, Kaijudo repeats will air at 7:30am instead of Prime.

Later on weekdays, Animaniacs is being displaced in its 7pm hour by Step by Step, so it will move up to 6-7pm, in effect bumping Tiny Toon Adventures back to 5-6pm. That will replace Transformers Rescue Bots and Super Hero Squad Show, but both will continue to air early weekday mornings.

Late Monday-Thursday nights will alter a little as well. Since Step by Step encores will air from 2-3am, the nightly block of shows from 2-4am will shift to 3-5am. That will replace Sliders at 4am. Then, the 5am hour will now be Family Ties and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, both replacing Hercules. Sliders and Hercules will continue to air late-Friday and Saturday nights.

Lastly, on Saturday afternoons, Sabrina Secrets of a Teenage Witch, the new CGI-animated series will air at noon. Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters will relocate new episodes from Friday evenings to Saturday afternoon at 2pm.

To highlight a few events:

The Transformers Prime finale movie “Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising” will premiere Friday, October 4 at 8pm with an encore at 10:30pm. The 90-minute movie will also encore Saturday, Oct. 5 at 3pm.

The third season of R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour: The Series will resume as a “new season” starting Saturday, October 12 at 7pm. Two new episodes will air that night, with single premieres continuing Saturdays at 7:30pm starting Oct. 19.[/quote]

From http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/10/01/hub-networks-littlest-pet-shop-returns-for-second-season-on-november-2/:

[size=5]Hub Network’s “Littlest Pet Shop” Returns for Second Season on November 2[/size]

[quote]via the Hub Network press release:

POPULAR ANIMATED SERIES “LITTLEST PET SHOP” RETURNS FOR SECOND SEASON ON THE HUB NETWORK, NOV. 2

Premiere Kicks Off With a Marathon of Fan-Favorite Pet-Focused Episodes From Season One, Followed by Two New Episodes Where Blythe Returns From Fashion Camp

LOS ANGELES – The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, announced today its popular animated series, “Littlest Pet Shop” from Hasbro Studios, will return for a second season on Saturday, November 2, with two all-new, back-to-back episodes starting at 11 a.m. ET/ 8 a.m. PT. Prior to the season premiere, there will be a three-hour marathon of fan-favorite episodes highlighting each of the pets beginning at 8 a.m. ET/ 5 a.m. PT.

Two all new episodes kick off the second season: “Missing Blythe,” during which the pets at Littlest Pet Shop come up with a plan to visit Blythe while she is away at fashion camp for the summer; and “The Nest Hats Craze!” where Blythe starts a new fashion craze with her wild “Nest Hat,” and it’s up to the pets to take care of the newly hatched chick, which was previously an egg in the Nest Hat, while Blythe tries to find the chick’s mother.[/quote]