Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life, supernatural
Themes: goddesses, gods, school, unrequited love
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Inari Fushimi is a middle school girl who’s never had a requited love, since she’s a shy, clumsy and not very bright. One day, she witnesses her crush Kouji giving a letter to her classmate Akemi. Shocked and saddened, Inari rushes to a shrine, where the goddess Uka-no-Mitama-no-Kami appears to her. As thanks for saving a fox pup, as well as out of pity for her plight, the goddess grants Inari the power to shape-shift.
Number of episodes: 10
Vintage: 2014-01-15 to 2014-04-20

ANN Info Page

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha Manga Has Anime in the Works

posted on 2012-11-30 08:13 EST
Morohe Yoshida’s romantic comedy about girl who gains ability to change her form

Maaya Sakamoto to Perform Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha TV Anime’s Theme Song

posted on 2013-10-21 15:30 EDT
Adaptation of Morohe Yoshida’s romantic comedy manga to premiere in January 2014

Funimation is releasing Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha Subtitle only. Details here:

Funimation acquires Inari, Kon Kon Home Video Rights

[quote]Seriously,
as cute as this show is, it’s got some moments of maturity and
character development that belie its sweet exterior.[/quote]
Reads like Funi is trying to sell people on the series but, with it being a sub-only, I can’t imagine the audience growing significantly. Funi conveniently did include a “litmus test” for this with that fox pic and as I failed that test the odds of me buying this are extremely low.

Did the Japanese saddle Funi with this show and they’re just doing the minimum to get it onto the market? That’s the best case scenario that I can think of for this…

:cry:

[size=16]Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha Anime’s Staff, Key Visual Unveiled[/size]
posted on 2013-10-02 14:07 EDT

[size=16]Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha Anime’s Promo, TV Spot Feature Opening by May’n[/size]
posted on 2013-12-17 06:00 EST

[size=16]Funimation to Stream Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha Anime[/size]
posted on 2013-12-26 13:30 EST

[size=16]Funimation Adds Inari Kon Kon Home Video Rights (Update)[/size]
posted on 2014-12-22 16:00 EST

The sky, she a fell back ina Dec. '13 witha OniAi :grin:

maybe they can’t sit on anymore shows, got to make back their money spent anyway they can, even if it means releasing sub-only shows. Must be costing them a pretty penny sitting on Eva 3.33, grabbing A. Class, starting their theatrical division, etc…

I can play the “buy it subbed and hope it gets dubbed” game with Sentai stuff, but only because of ADV nostalgia. Funi doesn’t have an appeal like that…

If Funi isn’t dubbing this because the simulcasting numbers weren’t good enough then I’ll be irked as Funi’s streaming numbers must be (further) flawed due to the obnoxious walls they hide their streams behind. If they aren’t dubbing it because it can’t be dubbed (ahem) in their opinion then that’s just tragic.

I’m really hoping that this was just a casualty of the Japanese forcing the title on Funi as that won’t cause me to think ill of Funi for releasing another show “half-baked”.

Getting the Home video rights for this might be a package deal as well, since it’s a Kadokawa title.

[size=16]Funimation’s Inari Kon Kon Home Video Rights Includes OVA[/size]
posted on 2014-12-28 23:57 EST

Inari Kon Kon The Complete Series + OVA Trailer via FUNimation

Inari Kon Kon - Official Clip - Shinto Shrine, Goddess and Transformation

Inari Kon Kon - Blu–ray/DVD Combo - AVAILABLE NOW!

Inari Kon Kon - Official Clip - School, Transformation, and Mistaken Identity

Inari Kon Kon - Official Clip - Goddess, True Love, and 2D Boys

Inari Kon Kon - Official Clip - First Encounters, Love, and Lilies

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/01/02-1/manga-artist-provides-inari-konkon-koi-iroha-blu-ray-box-art
January 03, 2016 12:55am CST
The box Includes the unaired 11th episode

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha OP

Inari Kon Kon- The Complete Series - Available Now on S.A.V.E.

Crunchyroll Adds “Inari Kon Kon” from Funimation to Streaming Catalog

November 29, 2017 5:50pm CST
Series launches at 4PM PST

Thirsty Like the Fox: The Magical Romance of Inari Kon Kon

August 08, 2018 10:00am CDT
Young love gets complicated when Shinto deities intervene in this 2014 TV anime based on Morohe Yoshida’s manga