Kekkaishi

I like this show. It really reminds you of Bleach with a hint of Inuyasha in there so it’s no wonder Kekkaishi fits perfectly sandwiched between FMA: Brotherhood and Bleach in the midnight hour and FMA: B and Inuyasha in the 4AM hour.

After episode 2, I’m going to enjoy this series.

Teenage drama is funny.

I missed the first two episodes :frowning: forgot it was coming on.

The first episode is still up on Adult Swim, but I don’t know for how much longer.

The second one will be there on Wednesday.

Also, to keep track of all anime (other than TAN stuff) be sure to read my daily TV Schedules & Reminders thread.

Yes Ma’am!

They’re doing their Video Player differently now with the premiere episodes, here’s the new schedule finally:
http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/video/index.html

Looks like the second episode of Kekkaishi won’t be on until the 16th of June.

Ep. 3

Wow, the new girl is a bitch. :angry:

I’m more or less indifferent to this series so far. It hasn’t established itself yet as either a good or bad series, but (so far) I’m not too impressed with what I’m seeing. I feel like in the mean time of waiting for Bleach to come back on, we’re getting diet Bleach.

I got a question after seeing three episodes. Why are they showing a kids show this late at night? Unless I see boobies or gushes of blood I’m sticking with that. Really this is the type of show Toonami would have run. Cartoon Network get you heads out of your asses and realize you need a afternoon or prime-time Anime block so you can show these kids shows.

That, right there, may indeed be why [as] is starting at 9pm in Jan, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on it.

Can’t quite say i’ve been understanding adult swim lately. I suppose because of the cursing, but it doesn’t seem to have that much. I’d definately have to agree this is more of a kiddy show than anything, would prefer another anime in all honesty. This one is a bit dull for my own tastes.

By the way, you wont see any boobies or naked people, adult swim don’t play anime that does from what ive seen over the past few years.The only “exception” is Cowboy bebop I suppose, but you never really see anything full on.

Yeah, they’re not going to waste a prime time viewing spot on anime.

Episode 4 -

spoiler

Yomi’s and Yoki’s past is revealed. It was nice how Yoki pushed Yomi away from him so she wouldn’t get hurt. And after all is said and done, Yomi gets another chance to be with Yoki.

I wonder what the Shadow Organization really is and what part Yoshimori’s older brother plays in it. I’m sure it will be coming up in another episode.

I have that anime a 7 out of 10 :slight_smile:

Episode 7 -

spoiler

Yoshimori finally made his castle cake with the pastry chef’s help. I hope Tokine appreciates all this someday!

It was good too that the pastry chef resolved things with his brother so he could pass on in peace.

Ep. 8

spoiler

Interesting in how they admire each other strength and vow to get stronger. Also that Yoshimori is stronger then he thinks he is. Nice of him to carry Tokine home again.

spoiler

Funny too, ShawnMerrow, that each wants to protect the other. It’s really sweet.

Ep. 10

spoiler

Wow, Tokine sure is scared of cockroach. Was nice of her to get him a piece of that cake.

I’m still enjoying this series. I don’t see it as a kids series, rather a series anyone can watch. I wish more people would start watching it. It’s good for anime, in general, to have lots of viewer ship. Unless people watch, anime on tv will disappear completely.
Slick

Agree with you slickwolfie its a fun series to watch.

Anyone seen actual ratings for this or FMA:B? AS keeps showing us how Bleach reruns and Boondocks reruns are doing, but not the shows inbetween.