Kekkaishi

Of course, I can’t find anything on those 2 in particular, but I found this:

Ratings Notes for TBS/TNT/Cartoon Network/Adult Swim & truTV
August 3, 2010

Ep. 13

spoiler

Not sure I trust Masamori. Relatives who have been denied the secret teachings have a habit of turning out bad. I did find the dogs very funny this episode.

Ep. 17

spoiler

Looks like the grandparents had a thing for each other as teens. That does explain a lot. :laugh:

December 25th - There is no new episode of Kekkaishi.

Instead, we will be graced with Ep. 29

All will resume back to normal the next week, Jan. 1, with Ep. 31

Just a reminder of Coffee’s post for tomorrow night…

I was sadden by gen’s death and in last night’s or this mornings epsoides the guardians seem a bit out of it

It looks like the first Kekkashi DVD box may finally be coming out this summer. AAA Anime has it listed for June 17th.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=106301

I saw that the other day. Anything from Viz has me worried.

1.They won’t finish the release.
2. Since WB has taken over packaging and disc reproduction we’ve seen a serious downgrade in packaging and they’ve even used double-sided disc in one case.
3. They seem to think this is 1999 and hard subs are the greatest things since sliced bread.

The final episode of Kekkaishi airs this Saturday, May 28.

According to the current Adult Swim schedule, the next week they’ll be starting it over again.

Does that sound realistic? To put a rerun in the middle of two currently new shows (Bleach & FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)?

Time will tell. :huh:

I can’t wait for the finale. This show has been awesome all the way through. :slight_smile:

Yeah good point. I think Kekkaishi should swap time slots with FMA: B after this week. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood still has 18 episodes remaining so [as] should keep the new episodes together.

This has been a good show and I hope it ends well. But I agree with both you and Snowy. It seems odd to stick a rerun in between, unless maybe it’s going to be a place holder for Durarara?

Perhaps the Durarara!! acquisition just happened and they haven’t had time to update the schedules.

Here we go again. The last episode ended with them saying they will continue to battle monsters and get even stronger and such and such which just leads right into a second season. Now the pain begins again. Waiting for any word on a renewal.

Looks like we got an answer Wicca. :slight_smile:

From Wikipedia on the Adult swim show page:
Durarara!! 2011 Set to be broadcasting in June, set to take over Kekkaishi. [24]

So it appears next Saturday could see the Durarara!! in place.

That’s pure speculation.
A. - No date has been announced.
B. - The schedule hasn’t been changed. And even the backdoor schedule has Kekkaishi re-runs up to the 11th.

Well, even if there isn’t anymore, I was completely satisfied with this ending. It had everything I wanted to see and left me with a “they all live to fight another day” kind of feeling. Yes, it was a little open, but not so much so that it made for a bad ending.

I enjoyed this series very much and I am hoping for good things from Durarara!

I was a little disappointed in the fight with Kaguro, they’re fighting along and then POOF! He’s gone? That’s it? :blink:
ok. whatever.

The backdoor schedule has reruns through the 18th, so if they’re going to get it in June, the 25th is the only option. Unless they pull their normal Adult Swim shenanigans and just change the schedule at the last minute.

Of course it’s speculation, that’s why Snowy typed ‘could’ not ‘will’.

As for waiting for another season, don’t really think it’s necessary; 52 eps. are more than enough to tell their stories and show us who they are. Of course they said they’d get stronger and what not, they’d have to in order to countinue to fight the good fight. The monsters and evil will never end, that’s part of life and they’re there to keep them at bay and will do so until the next generation takes over, just like they did.

Don’t really want to watch Kekkaishi: The Golden Years.

Perhaps he really isn’t gone either and lives on to fight another day as well. Someone needs to be in charge of all those monsters. The ayakashi are still around after all. And didn’t Yoshimori say that he wanted to seal Karasumori? I’m sure there is more to the story even if it never gets more episodes. I guess that is another manga I’ll have to look into someday.

The manga is still coming out, so we will have to go that way to get the rest of the story.

The ending for the anime worked for me as it brought that arc to an end.

I looked through my Dish schedule and noticed that Kekkaishi will return on Adult Swim Saturday at 1:30 AM. 5:30 AM still remains as Inuyasha.