Last Exile / Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- / Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam

Hmmm… this thread has been dead for awhile, though this is a series that has been out for a bit now. I will say that this season, to say in a way, IMO was better than its first season predecessor. I liked how this season/series did not completely tie in to the first giving those that had not seen the first a chance to follow it. When compared to the first season/series, this story was more entertaining and diverse which created more of a believable atmosphere.

Regarding another point, even though I am not a big fan of too much CG work in anime series, I felt that the CG sequences were blended pretty well with the traditional animation and gave the battle scenes a larger scope in size. Other than that, I found it an entertaining series none the least that kept my interest. Of course anything that has a steam punk short of appeal to it will get my attention from an initial first glance really.
:slight_smile:

Wow. 13 months between posts in this thread.

I still haven’t managed to see this one. Nostalgia and Carrie Savage got it on my shelf but the “girl goes bungee jumping in her underwear and with a rope that doesn’t stretch (ouch!)” has kept it on the proverbial back burner all this time.

Japan’s Film Rating Committee Lists Last Exile Film

posted on 2015-10-16 13:30 EDT

Last Exile Film’s February 6 Date, Newly Animated Sequences Revealed

posted on 2015-11-06 10:30 EST
Dialogue also partly re-recorded for compilation film

Last Exile: Fam, The Silver Wing Film’s Trailer, Visual Posted

posted on 2015-11-09 10:45 EST
Designer Range Murata draws new visual for compilation film with 100 new shots

“Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing” Celebrates 5th Anniversary with All-Night Screenings in Yokohama

July 16, 2016 12:27pm CDT
Two day “Last Ex-Night” event in September includes guest talk featuring Aki Toyosaki and others

Crunchyroll Adds “Last Exile” to Anime Catalog!

May 18, 2017 4:00pm CDT
Series available starting today

Crunchyroll Adds “LASTEXILE -Fam, the Silver Wing” and Five More Series to Anime Catalog

March 07, 2018 8:00pm CST

1 Like

ANN Interview: Last Exile and BEM Artist Range Murata

by Richard Eisenbeis, Mar 18th 2020