Lord Marksman and Vanadis info on ANN

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: fanservice, harem, magical weapons, marksman, medieval, political
actions, strategic battles, War, women warriors

Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2014-10-04
Objectionable content: Significant

Plot Summary:
As a soldier of Brune, Count Tigre of Alsace was sent to war against Zhcted. Although Brune outnumbers Zhcted, the presence of the 7 War Maidens of Zhcted completely turned the tide to their favor due to their battlefield strength, tactical superiority and magical weapons. Count Tigre was captured and became the prisoner of War Maiden Eleonora, but fate might just be smiling upon him and Alsace through this incident.

Madan no Ō to Vanadis Fantasy Light Novels Get TV Anime

posted on 2013-07-28 01:40 EDT
Tsukasa Kawaguchi’s fantasy of boy taken in by powerful female warrior

1 Like

Ep. 01

The first 6 episods popped up on YT today, so I figured I would try this out, since I did have some interest in this.

There’s a severe lack of hero archers in the entertainment industry as a whole, especially non-Elven archers, so as a person who loves archers in general (I actually play archers in every game I play), it was rather nice to one as the main character with awesome non-magical ability.

I think I’ll stick with this one, though I’ll probably watch it as it continues to pop up on YT.

I’ve been watching this one on Funimation’s site and it’s been really good imo.

I had high hopes for this one but it took a turn for the comedic so I’m most likely going to wait for the dub. I’m hoping that whoever writes the dub script for this has seen Robin Hood: Men in Tights as Tigre’s archery could have been copied and pasted from that movie.

It was, until he decided to use the magic talking bow that, conveniently, could shoot a laser death ray arrow after absorbing magical power from the ridiculously overpowered air-bending magic sword. :frowning:

I’ve been watching it on Hulu. Very enjoyable!

It does get a bit silly at times, but it is also nice to see a hero archer. It’s a very entertaining story so far. I like the medieval fantasy setting and the characters. And I am always partial to action/adventure.

I figured you would be watching it and that you’d like it.
It seems like something that would be up you ally.

Eps. 02-06

Finished up the rest of the eps on YT and I have to say, this series is actually pretty awesome!
Since LNs are still ongoing, I hope it ends on somewhat of a closure note.
I hate when series stop too abruptly.

That being said, Tigre is such an awesome archer!
I think for the next party I start for Icewind Dale EE, I’m going to have another Archer kit party member and call him Tigre.

1 Like

The bow never talked it was always Arifar (Elen’s sword), which is why asks it for help again against Ludmillia’s Forces.

Love the OP for the show and Elen is voiced by Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna from Sword Art Online)

I didn’t see that part yet as I’ve had to put this on the backburner for the (possibly best new show of season) Rage of Bahamut: Genesis. However, it doesn’t make the scene I mentioned any less ridiculous.

This show was fun, from what I’ve seen, but I can’t get past its silliness (and the wonky female character design), at least not subbed. As for dubbed, well, I thought Aesthetica was uninteresting subbed but dubbed I thought it was spectacular and the shows aren’t entirely dissimilar. Hopefully Funi can repeat that feat when they dub Vanadis.

Just started watching this series (doing a catch up marathon as I speak) and find this very entertaining. After Sengoku Basara: End of Judgment, it’s great having a show like Lord Marksman to watch to fill in the comedic/action wartime gap I’ve had.

Bahamut didn’t fit that bill?

A little bit naughty but very nice Christmas picture of Titta and Elen

1 Like

Funimation Reveals Lord Marksman and Vanadis Cast for February DVD/BD

posted on 2015-11-18 21:45 EST
Trailer previews Joel McDonald, Caitlin Glass, Tia Ballard, Alex Moore, more

1 Like

dub clip sounds…passable, I guess. was this show any good, never got a chance to see it.
huh…Ninja Scroll: The Series…maybe it’s not good at all…

compare this show to something else…

I watched when it was simulcast, I’m picking it up. The CGI Soldiers are a little weak during the main battles, but they do give a good tactics primer during the battles to show why they are doing what they are doing.

Eleonora / Ludmillia / Lim / Sofya are all smoking hot, and they aren’t incompetent Love starved pansy asses when the main character is around. They kick as much ass as Tigre does.

By the way learned something interesting from Caitlin Glass’s Voice Actor Facebook page.

Her first choice for Eleonora had to bail at the last minute, so she took on the role, since being the ADR she knew the show well enough to do the role herself.

and this isn’t her first Rodeo doing this as She ADR’d A few Seasons of FMA: Brotherhood and played Winry Rockbell in the show

I wouldn’t call it “Ninja Scroll: The Series” as it is very much a modern run-of-the-mill “Light Novel anime”. The main male character isn’t a wuss but he’s not in the same class as Ninja Scroll’s. It’s more “medieval World Break” lol.

The main female character is extremely overpowered. For me, it felt like a “bait and switch” with the way they revealed her superior abilities but YMMV :wink:

Hopefully the dub has been “Fosterized”.

1st 2 full episodes of the dub are up @ Funimation.com for all Access members.

Lord Marksman and Vanadis: The Complete Series - Coming Soon - Opening

Lord Marksman and Vanadis: The Complete Series - Tigre’s Archery Test