Magical DoReMi / Ojamajo Doremi

Magical DoReMi / Ojamajo Doremi

Genres: comedy, drama, magic
Themes: magical girl
Objectionable content: None
Plot Summary: Doremi Harukaze, 3rd grade student at Misora Elementary School, claims to be the world’s unluckiest pretty girl. Fascinated by witchcraft, she is drawn into a mysterious shop where she meets Majo Rika and is able to deduce that this lady is in fact a real witch. Being exposed by a human triggers a curse that transforms witches into magical frogs. To regain her original body, Rika must turn Doremi into a witch by teaching her how to use magic. Thrilled by this odd development, Harukaze becomes a witch apprentice. Unfortunately, her two best friends, Hazuki Fujiwara and Aiko Senoo, discover that Doremi has become a magic user. Afraid that Harukaze might become a magical frog too, Majo Rika recruits both Hazuki and Aiko and makes them witch apprentices too. The trio has lots of adventures as they try to triumph the necessary trials to become real witches.
Number of episodes: 51
Vintage: 1999-02-07 to 2000-01-30

ANN Info Page

Ojamajo Doremi #.

Genres: comedy, magic
Plot Summary: While searching for Majo Rika in the Witch World, Doremi Harukaze and her friends are led to the Queen’s Garden where they witness the birth of a witch baby from a flower. Chosen by the Witch Queen as guardians of this newborn child; Doremi, Hazuki, Aiko, and Onpu are given the opportunity to become witch apprentices once again. Due to the rules of the Witch World, the four girls must now face the difficult challenge of raising a baby in order to recover their magic crystals. Named Hana by Harukaze, the infant possesses great magical power and might become the next Witch Queen.
Number of episodes: 49
Vintage: 2000-02-06 to 2001-01-28

ANN Info Page

Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi

Plot Summary: Unbeknownst to 5th grade student Doremi Harukaze and her friends, the Witch Queen assembles a council composed of high ranking witches to request that the four human girls attain the permission to become witches. Half of the council disagrees making the Queen reformulate her proposition. She instead asks that the girls become witch apprentices once again and that in order to become full-fledged witches they should convince the council members who voted against the appeal that they are worthy. Unanimously accepted; Doremi, Hazuki, Aiko, and Onpu will have to learn how to make sweets to persuade the six senior witches. To help them familiarize with the process of making sweets, the Witch Queen introduces them to a witch apprentice named Momoko Asuka. She lived in New York for many years assisting in a bakery owned by a witch.
Number of episodes: 50
Vintage: 2001-02-04 to 2002-01-27

ANN Info Page

Ojamajo Doremi DOKKAAN!

Plot Summary: Determined to stay close to the girls who raised her when she lived in the Human World, Hana-chan bursts her magic crystals to perform an extremely powerful spell that makes her look as old as her adoptive mothers. The loss of her magic crystals means that she is not officially a witch anymore. To handle this enormous problem, the Witch Queen asks Doremi, Hazuki, Aiko, Onpu, and Momoko to take care of the new older-looking Hana-chan in their world for the moment. In the meantime, the little former sorceress will have to complete the witch apprentice exams in order to attain a magic crystal and hopefully become a witch once again.
Number of episodes: 51
Vintage: 2002-02-03 to 2003-01-26

ANN Info Page

Ojamajo Doremi # (movie) - Vintage: 2000-07-08
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi Kaeru Seki no Himitsu (movie) - Vintage: 2001-07-14
Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho (OAV) - Vintage: 2004-06-26 to 2004-12-11
Ojamajo Doremi: Owarai Gekijō (ONA) - Vintage: 2019-03-23
Looking for Magical DoReMi (movie) - Vintage: 2020-11-13

Magical DoReMi to Re-Air on The CW4Kids on Saturdays

posted on 2010-04-18 05:00 EDT by Egan Loo
4Kids’ dub of Toei’s magical girl anime returns to U.S. airwaves on April 24

Looks a little too cute for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree-it looks to much like a Saturday morning network cartoon series. Besides, I’m already overdue for a dentist’s appointment…

Looks like 4-kids is trying to make good with Toei so as to get more shows from them, possibly SM and CCS. More power to them, and for all those wyners about how they edit and change everything for a younger crowd…well duh! That’s why the call themselves

4-Kids!!!

That’s what they’re aiming for, like they did with some of us “older” fans back in the day.

Yeah, I don’t understand all the hate spewed towards 4kids. They market shows for kids. It’s understandable that they would edit and change things. Japan and the US are not the same markets. What is acceptable there is not always the case here.

Besides, they rarely pick up shows that the other R1’s would be salivating to grab, with perhaps One Piece being the only exception. But even then, I have to wonder if it was only grabbed because 4Kids showed it could do fairly well in the US.

Honestly, does anyone think Sentai or Funi would have grabbed this?

FUNi probably wouldn’t, since I don’t think they ever grabbed something that was listed on ANN as “All Ages”.
Sentai (ADV) on the other hand has had a few “All Ages” shows over the years, the most recent one being Sugar, though I think that’s kind of a special case, since it was a Geneon rescue rather than a new license, and they didn’t have to do much with it other than re-author and re-distribute.

Don’t forget Hidemari Sketch. That’s kinda for all ages. Just edit out the semi-yuri scenes and change the landlady’s smokes to lollipops and dubbed of course, they can air it also on the CWKids, along with Sugar…and Popotan. :woohoo:

I think the necessary edits in Popotan would cut each episode down to about 15 minutes…lol No jiggle for you little kiddies!

That would COMPLETELY kill the first episode!

No breast induced suffocation either!

Didn’t Popotan originally come from an adult video game?

I actually watched some of this when it was originally on Fox. Never seen the original Japanese so no idea how much was edited. Dubbing was good ,but way to cute for my taste. Wonder if they will be bring back Tokyo Meow mix or what ever it was called.

Probably. About half of all anime seems to come from adult and dating sim games…lol

Ooooohhhh…like Air, Kanon, and Tears to Tiara just out of the top of my head, and Tayutama: Kiss on my Diety.

But not Clannad/After Story; that was clean and safe from the start…not anymore. :evil:

Oh my, I checked and you are right. Tears to Tiara was originally an adult tactical rpg game. Oh my, I might not be able to look at some of the girls in there the same way again…

redshirt1 wrote:

It puts the whole cow milking scenes into a new light.

Ojamajo Doremi Producer Wants to Make Anime of Franchise’s High School Novels

posted on 2015-06-12 07:00 EDT by Sarah Nelkin
Also: Final volume of Ojamajo Doremi novels taking place in high school ships in December with new drama CD

“Magical DoReMi” Returns to Japanese Television on Chiba TV

October 06, 2015 1:28pm CDT
Magical girl TV animation from 1999 features direction by Junichi Sato and animation by Toei

Original “Magical DoReMi” Drama CD Included in Japanese Bluray Release

March 11, 2016 12:06pm CST
Special edition featuring 51 digitally remastered episodes will be released on December 02, 2016