Dusk Maiden of Amnesia / Tasogare Otome×Amnesia

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia / Tasogare Otome×Amnesia

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, drama, horror, mystery, psychological, romance, supernatural
Themes: amnesia, ecchi, fanservice, Ghosts, school
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: At the Private Seikyō Academy, there is a legend that all students have heard. Sixty years ago, there was a girl who for some reason, was left behind in the old, abandoned school building to die. Teiichi Niiya one day meets a beautiful, mysterious girl named Yūko Kanoe at the old school building and gets a surprise—she’s the ghost of the girl who died 60 years ago, but does not remember her past or how she died. Teiichi becomes determined to help her remember, and together, they seek the truth behind the gruesome legend.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2012-04-08

ANN Info Page

Dusk maiden of Amnesia Manga Gets TV Anime Next Spring

posted on 2011-12-20 01:11 EST
Maybe’s Tasogare Otome×Amnesia manga about boy helping ghost girl solve her own death

ANN Spotlight: Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

by Justin Sevakis, Mar 12th 2012

After reading the preview for this on ANN, I’m really interested in this one. It seems to have that paranormal vibe that I so enjoyed in shows like Ghost Hunt, Ghost Hound, and even Ghost Stories. I’m hoping someone picks this up as a simulcast for the spring season (preferably someone who will also give it a home video release.)

Come on Sentai. You know you want it. It would go so well with Another and Hell Girl. :slight_smile:

Looks like my kind of story too. I would definitely be interested in seeing this one.

I’d check it out, but I’m burnt out on shows that take place in high schools, especially ones with the main characters prominently featured in HS clubs. The Japanese need to get their otaku obsessed with another anime setting, in my humble opinion. Variety is the spice of life.

It does sound like it, though I still can’t help but think of Hell Girl as a Funimation title. The Funimation Signature Series Lithograph is probably the problem there :wink:

I saw Amnesia in the titile. Thought for a second someone was watching A Wind Named Amnesia. You got me all excited Cody. In related news this looks ok I guess. I like that song.

Crunchyroll Adds “Dusk Maiden of Amnesia” to Spring Anime Lineup

April 09, 2012 10:45am CDT
Uncover the seven mysteries on Sundays at 11:00 am CDT

With what David said at AB about having a ton of simulcasts and saying he was only going to list a few (which were announced on CR in a row), I’m assuming this and Tsuritama, are part of Sentai’s list, though we’ll have to wait and see.

I’m hoping Sentai does have it. I did notice it’s limited to English speaking nations, which is usually a good sign. I’m happy to see it simulcast, but I will be much happier once a physical release is certain.

Watched the first episode. Liked what I saw so far.

Just added to my watch list!

Was this in any way similar to Okamisan and her seven brave companions?

Just finished up ep. 01 and wanted to post before I started ep. 02

That was rather amusing!
I’m not sure why but it reminded me of the old Topper movies.

Woohoo!!!

This can now officially be moved to the TAN thread. :slight_smile:

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “DUSK MAIDEN OF AMNESIA”

HOUSTON, April 19, 2012 — Join Sentai Filmworks for a mystery that must be solved from beyond the grave as they announce the North American licensing of Dusk maiden of Amnesia. Director Shin Oonuma (ef ~ a tale of memories, ef ~ a tale of melodies) and character designer Yukiko Ban (.hack//SIGN) bring original creator Maybe’s tale of death and haunting to life.

60 years ago, a young woman was left to die in the abandoned school building behind the exclusive Seikyou Academy. No one knows why. No one knows how. But the horrifying tale and the legends of the ghostly haunting that followed live on to this day. Perhaps it’s not so surprising then, that among Seikyou’s many school clubs is one for students interested in “paranormal investigations.” What might raise more than a few hairs, however, is that the founder of the club is the ghost herself. Unable to remember how she died and trapped in the grey land between life and death, Yūko latches onto Teiichi Niiya, a freshman who can inexplicably see her, and together they and the other unsuspecting members of the club begin to unravel the many dark mysteries that surround Seikyou. Will unlocking the secret of Yūko’s gruesome death finally free her? Or will her sudden close association with a mortal have even stranger repercussions on both of their existences? In a tomb of silent classrooms, the answers await in Dusk maiden of Amnesia.

Dusk maiden of Amnesia will begin release through select digital outlets soon with a home video release to follow.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube. www.sentai-filmworks.com

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia BD/DVD to Have Unaired Episode

posted on 2012-04-29 10:00 EDT
6 BD/DVD volumes to begin shipping on June 27 in Japan

Episodes 1 & 2 are live at ANO

Episode 3 is live at ANO

Episode 4 is live at ANO

Episode 5 is live at ANO

Like that Kirie was actually “The Maiden of Longing” and not Yuuko.

Episode 6 is live at ANO