Modern Magic Made Simple / Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahō

Modern Magic Made Simple / Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahō

Genres: action, comedy, magic
Themes: fanservice
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2009-07-11 to 2009-09-26

Plot Summary: The story revolves around Koyomi Morishita, a clumsy high school freshman girl who is often mistaken for a grade-schooler because of her shortness. Koyomi becomes a disciple of Misa Anehara, a 25-year-old graduate student who happens to be one of the most powerful modern-day magicians.

ANN Info Page

Press Release

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Modern Magic Made Simple

Sep 14th 2011

HOUSTON, Sept 14, 2011— Sentai Filmworks hasn’t added a starter course in sorcery to their catalog, but they have added the thoroughly enchanting new series MODERN MAGIC MADE SIMPLE to their ever expanding line up of animated hits! Based on the hit manga ‘Yoku Wakaru Gendai Maho’ written by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and illustrated by Miki Miyashita (Maburaho), the 12 episode series about a world where the task of casting a magic spell is the equivalent of writing computer code has been mystically crafted under the supervision of director Yasuhiro Kuroda (Kämpfer, Amazing Nurse Nanako) with Makoto Koga (Aria, sola, Bludgeoning Angel Dokura-chan) adapting the character designs from Miyashita’s bewitching originals.

Life hasn’t been fair to Koyomi Morishita. Even though she’s in High School, she’s so short that everyone assumes she’s still in grade school. The boys and girls in her school tease her mercilessly and she’s not exactly graceful either. On the other hand, she’s still better off than Yumiko, who has a magician trying to kill her. Or at least Koyomi WAS until their paths crossed! Fortunately, salvation arrives in the form of master mage and graduate student Misa Anehara, who agrees to take Koyomi under her wing in learning the new style of magic, which breaks enchantment down into sequences of code. That will be quite a task, given that so far Koyomi’s talent seems to consist of making washbasins randomly fall out of the sky. But if it was easy, it wouldn’t be magic, would it? Get ready for a whole new kind of 'spell’ing lesson as Koyomi takes a desperately needed crash course in charm school in MODERN MAGIC MADE SIMPLE!

Watch for MODERN MAGIC MADE SIMPLE on subtitled DVD this December, just in time for Christmas!

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats!. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, PLAYSTATION Network and YouTube.

1 Like

watched this show when it originally aired. good OST and animation, unfortunately it’s too excessively ‘moe’ for my taste and the directing is pretty weak. I guess it fits in line with most of the recent pickups for TAN

1 Like

Cover art added to first post.

1 Like

Coming to The Anime Network Online Player December 9th , 2011

Modern Magic Made Simple Teaser Trailer

Coming to The Anime Network OnDemand December 8th , 2011)

1 Like

We got this on the FREE30 service even; it’s pretty funny. As to the moe thing, they even make a joke about that in the first episode.

1 Like

Just watched the first episode and found it to be very funny. :lol:

1 Like

I only get the teaser trailer instead of episode 0 on the Online player.
Slick

1 Like

Did anyone buy this, or remember from watching it online, how many episodes? It just apparently ended on free VOD with 12 episodes starting with the 00 episode, the finale would have been 13 but didn’t appear and isn’t on the schedule and no one seems to be quite sure what’s screwed up just yet… since the answers seem to be slow in coming back to Slow(hand) I thought I’d bump this and ask about it. Even the release announcement in another thread says 300 minutes (12 episodes). But who knows, that could have missed counting the 0 episode, because it’s episode 0.

1 Like

The Magical Charms of One of 2009 Anime’s Hidden Gems!

July 25, 2018 10:00am CDT
This week we look at the 2009 light novel to TV anime adaptation “Yokuwakaru Gendai Maho”

1 Like

Funny that this gets mentioned today:

I have my copy :grin:

Looks like this one didn’t make it to 2019 either…