Neon Genesis Evangelion Live Action

Producer: Live-Action Evangelion Project Still Active

posted on 2010-02-04 21:26 EST
Halo Legends/Ex Machina’s Joseph Chou: film may “start moving even next year”

Excellent news that, John Ledford of Sentai Filmworks and Section23 is still very much involved in the project, ever since they hired Joseph Chou in 08.

They apparently now have a big name producer involved in the project from Hollywood as well.

Also great to hear info about John Ledford being the one to introduce Chou to Microsoft for Halo Legends and how their friendship has strengthened over the years. Also Joseph Chou talks about why he and the producers for Halo Legends selected Seraphim Digital Studios and Steven Foster.

When someone of Joseph Chou’s stature in Hollywood and all his connections in Japan expresses confidence in Seraphim Digital Studios, friendship and wanting to help S23/Sentai … that speaks volumes to some of the most important people in the multimedia industry. :slight_smile: It’s great that Ledford and Sentai have a friend and valuable talent like that so close… they need more savy and gifted people like him around.

my nipples are so hard right now

I gotta find that trailer that dude made a few years ago with Elijah Wood as Shinji

edit: that was easy

I’m mostly excited about the prospects. I mean as with any movie adaptation this could bomb… but business is all about risk. And this was one of ADV’s bigger trump cards they had. The question is will it be the joker or the Ace? :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering every R1 company is now diversifying and looking outside anime, it’s clear that anime can’t provide the kind of sustained growth a lot of companies are looking for. Merely coasting is not an option for some.

But it remains to be seen if this will actually come to pass or if it will impact Sentai/S23 positively or negatively financially. Still, the thought of this launching Sentai and S23 higher than ADV ever went is a nice thought to have. :smiley: I’m going to think positively for a change. :wink:

Who could it be? Hmmm…
Spielberg?
Bruckheimer?
Bay?

Maybe now that Sam Raimi won’t be on that train wreck “New Spider Man”, he might be pursuaded to job on board the mecha train…or maybe that other anime-based movies “Bebop” or “Shell”.

I can see it now Clannad - Live action…
With Zac Efron as Tomaya Okazaki…or Tommy Oskar for us 'mericans.

COMING SOON

Peter Jackson has expressed a lot of interest and he’s well known for his work with WETA

Nice to hear the project is still alive.

Don’t even go there! :angry:

yeah zacy

A lot of people just keep dismissing this, but they really don’t understand how long it can take to get a movie through the development stages. Films like Lord of The Rings, and the recent Star Trek remake, languished for years and sometimes decades. In all honesty, 7 years really isn’t that bad for a project this big.

I’m not a huge Eva fan, but with such huge fans on board the production, I hope they will be as faithful to the anime as possible. I could how they could really do some great things with this. I’m really hoping they ultimately go with a racially diverse cast. I don’t want this to be like every other remake of something Japanese, where all of sudden, everyone is white!

I dunno, in the case of Evangelion, I can’t picture anyone in it as anything but Japanese or caucasian. Then again, I could see a short-haired girl cast as Shinji, too, so maybe I’m wierd.

Asuka was from Germany or something anyways, right?

the reason you can picture shinji as a girl is because Anno drew him as a chick. It’s based on the lead female character in Gunbuster (or something like that). I’ll remember as soon as I eat this pint of ben and jerry’s and crash a little bit…

I thought it was just because he’s a whiny little bitch. Can I say that still?

Will Michael Bay Direct A Neon Genesis Evangelion Adaptation?

By Jason Krell: 5/27/14 9:00pm

Neon Genesis Evangelion Live Action Movie Directed By Michael Bay After Declining Directing Duties For Transformers 5; Would The Eva Movie Launch After Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Sequel?

BY Gunther Barbosa | Aug 12, 2014 08:12 AM EDT

Evangelion Anime Inspires Stage Play Next April

posted on 2022-11-02 01:57 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Play to be debut production at new Theater Milano-za in Tokyo’s Kabukicho Tower

Evangelion Stage Play Reveals New Cast Members, May Opening

posted on 2023-02-01 17:00 EST by Alex Mateo
Play runs from May 6-May 28 in Tokyo, June 3-4 in Nagano, June 10-19 in Osaka

Evangelion Stage Play to Tell Original Story

posted on 2023-02-01 20:08 EST by Rafael Antonio Pineda
New story casts Eva pilots trying to find new energy source on devastated Earth

Evangelion Stage Play Actor Nijirō Murakami Steps Down From Role

posted on 2023-03-16 16:30 EDT by Joanna Cayanan
Mizuki Itagaki replaces Murakami for Tan Hasumi role

Didnt ADV’s insistence on making a live action Eva cause their relationship with the Japanese studio to sour?

EVANGELION Beyond Stage Play Trailer Introduces Main Cast Members

March 29, 2023 7:35pm CDT
General sales of the tickets will begin on April 2

1 Like

EVANGELION Beyond Stage Play’s Dress Rehearsal Videos Streamed

May 05, 2023 7:30pm CDT
Tickets for the final day performance have already been sold out

1 Like