Non Non Biyori

Non Non Biyori

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: friendship, iyashikei, school life, shoujo-ai
Objectionable content: None
Plot Summary: Asahioka Branch School, a combined elementary and middle school in an isolated village, has only five students total, four girls and one boy. The girls are best friends, and pass the season with traditional activities like harvesting mountain herbs and fishing.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2013-10-07

ANN Info Page
Non Non Biyori Official JP Homepage

Sentai Filmworks Press Release: Non Non Biyori

Non Non Biyori Repeat

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: iyashikei, school life
Plot Summary: With just five students (none in the same grade ), the four girls of the tiny Asahioka Branch School still enjoy watching cherry blossoms, playing in rivers, digging potato, and building igloos together. The pace is very slow yet enjoyable and heartwarming.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2015-07-06

ANN Info Page

Non Non Biyori Vacation

Watch on HIDIVE

Plot Summary: Summer vacation is drawing to an end. When Suguru wins a free trip to Okinawa, all of the five students of Asahigaoka branch school are excited to end their vacation with a bang. Along with Hikage, Konomi, and their teacher and the candy store owner, everyone goes to Okinawa for a fun three-day trip. There, Natsumi makes friends with Aoi, the girl who helps out at the hotel they stay in.Vintage: 2018-08-25
Premiere date 2018-08-25
Opening Theme: “Ao no Rakugaki” by nano.RIPE

ANN Info Page

Non Non Biyori Nonstop

Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2021-01-10

ANN Info Page

Non Non Biyori (OAV) - Vintage: 2014-07-23
Non Non Biyori Repeat (OAV) - Vintage: 2016-09-23

Non Non Biyori Countryside School Comedy Manga Gets Anime

posted on 2013-02-21 09:59 EST
Slice-of-life story set in rural school with only 4 girls & 1 brother

Non Non Biyori School Comedy Anime’s 1st Promo Video Posted

posted on 2013-03-29 22:45 EDT
Anime based on Atto’s manga about countryside school with 5 total students

Non Non Biyori Schoolgirl TV Anime’s 2nd Promo Streamed

posted on 2013-08-09 09:12 EDT
Series about slow country town will premiere this October

I really don’t see FUNi going after this one.
There is a chance that it winds up an NISA pick up, but seeing as how it’s a Media Factory title, I expect it’ll be a CR/Sentai title in end.

Anyways…

From the description alone, I really want to see this one, just to see how the hell they can make such a specific and narrow environment even remotely entertaining for 12 full episodes.

Wut…how can u say that? With Funi’s jump into sub only releases anything is possible, especially of it’s part of a package deal. :unsure:

I can see 12 episodes, if it’s one of those short 3-5 minutes an episode deals.

I’m pretty sure the whole FUNi sub only release is a test release, much like Sentai’s sub-only BDs.

However, beyond that, they’re just not much one for picking up stuff like this, which is why I don’t see them going after this one.

Though, like you said, I guess there’s a chance that it could be a package deal with Unbreakable Machine-Doll, which is another Media Factory title I’m not sure where will end up.

ANN Anime Spotlight: Non Non Biyori

by Justin Sevakis, Oct 2nd 2013

Non Non Biyori Schoolgirl Anime’s Ad Previews nano.RIPE Song

posted on 2013-10-03 01:40 EDT
Atto’s slice-of-life comedy of countryside school with only 4 girls & 1 boy

Crunchyroll to Stream Non Non Biyori Schoolgirl Anime

posted on 2013-10-07 14:54 EDT
Atto’s slice-of-life comedy of countryside school premieres on Monday

This seems like another likely Sentai license, given the streaming area. Plus, Sentai seems to have a soft spot for slice of life series. Plus, they’ve picked up a lot of Media Factory titles over the last couple of years.

Ep. 01

I actually enjoyed the first episode much more than I thought I would.
It is a very slow paced series like I thought it would be, but it did get a few chuckles out of me.

Another show where nothing happens. If you’ve seen K-On, you’ve seen 'em all. Oh well.

Being 4’9" doesn’t sound too surprising for a Japanese schoolgirl. Japan is not exactly known for being a land of giants.

Well having “nothing” happen, usually that means nothing exciting like space aliens / ghosts / zombies, is it’s own happening.

I’m all for more of that style story.

Hmmm, I’m 6’4", my parents were 5’2" (Mom) and 5’4" (Dad), not precisely Giants either. I’ve worked with a fair number of folks much taller than me.

Mark Gosdin

That description + that character’s art = creepy. I guess standards are different in a land where 13 is the age of consent and 25, the “christmas cake”, is the age at which spinsterhood starts.

I wish Japan would acknowledge that K-On! is the supreme champion of the “young cute girls doing cute things cutely” genre and just stop making shows that just live in K-On!'s shadow.

Ep. 02

Alright, now that was funny!
I’ll definitely be sticking with this one after all.

COMING TO ANIME NETWORK IN NOVEMBER!

STARTING November 7th @ 6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PST

Non Non Biyori Schoolgirl Manga Gets Original Anime DVD

posted on 2013-10-29 01:40 EDT
Atto’s story of girls in isolated countryside school already inspired TV anime

EP. 04

Daaaawwww!
Ren-chon is sooooo moe when she’s sad!

Episode 1 is live at ANO

Non Non Biyori Producer: Year-End Announcement Might Be Made

posted on 2013-11-09 15:54 EST

Episode 2 (Sub) is live at ANO