My Ordinary Life / Nichijō

My Ordinary Life / Nichijō

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: absurdity, parody, School life
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: While the title suggests a story of simple, everyday school life, the contents are more the opposite. The setting is a strange school where you may see the principal wrestle a deer or a robot’s arm hide a rollcake. However there are still normal stories, like making a card castle or taking a test you didn’t study for.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 2011-04-02 to 2011-09-24

ANN Info Page

Crunchyroll Simulcasts Nichijou/My Ordinary Life Anime

posted on 2011-03-29 11:00 EDT
Anime of Keiichi Arawi’s Nichijou comedy manga to run Saturdays at 9 p.m. PST

I wasn’t too interested in this when I first heard about it, but after finally getting around to watching the PV for it, I’m actually kind of looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Especially, since it has a solid Azumanga Daioh feel to it, of which I really enjoyed that series.

Now I really want to see this!

That OP does make it look rather interesting.

It does look kind of cute. I will have to check it out.

I saw the OVA and felt a bit underwhelmed, I will give it a shot though.

Kyoto is trying my patients making it 26 though.

Finished up ep. 01

My, my, my…
From the first ep. this seems a lot like a mix between Azumanga Daioh, Pani Poni Dash!, and Hidamari Sketch, just cranked up a bit.

It actually was a really fun episode and I’m definitely going to be sticking with this one this season.

Mohawk boy and Afro kid are awesome.

Finished up ep. 02

That was so damn funny!

Especially when Mio was chasing Yuuko down for her notebook.
Man that was funny.

Can’t say I was a fan of Azumanga Daioh, so when ya said this was like that I was a bit skeptical coffee, but this is just hilarious. Finished ep 2 and the constant style changes are pretty awesome, not to mention how random it is, lol.

I agree about the mix and after watching the first two episodes, I’m hooked. It’s hysterical. :lol:

Episode 3 –

I loved the talking cat in this one. And the bird traffic lights.

Finished up ep. 03

Man, this series is tons of fun!
I’m really glad now, knowing it’s going to be two seasons long.
This is the kind of random fun I can enjoy for a really long time.

I really wasn’t interested in this one but it is one of the few that CR offers on the Droid app. I plowed through the first 4 episodes waiting at the dentists office this afternoon. (Please don’t ask about the horrors that man put me through)The show made it bareable.

I love the little professor so much!

Finished up ep. 04

I read a lot people didn’t find this ep. as funny as the first three, but I disagree.
I found it just as funny, if not more.

Especially…

spoiler

The parts with Mai.
Like when Yuko kept looking at Mai during the test, and Mai was always doing something weird each time she looked at her.

That whole lesbian implication joke was pretty damn funny too.

I liked -

when she took her hair off! But the whole episode was just as funny as the previous ones. And the whole morality thing in the beginning was funny. That poor teacher! :laugh:

Finished up ep. 05

That’s last part with them having a drawing competition was funny as hell!

Finished up ep. 06

Poor Yuko!

She just couldn’t get the words out after watching the principal fighting the dear.

Finished up ep. 07

The begining of that episode was funny as hell!

Yuko’s dream sequence explaining the wooden cubes of Mio’s hair ties.