NOTICE - Cablevision Subscribers

Hello Cablevision subscribers,

The Anime Network is excited to announce the transition to a new HD package which will begin on July 1st, 2018. This means that the SVOD45 service will be discontinued on this day.

Best Regards,

The Anime Network

2 Likes

Does that mean we won’t be getting anime network at all anymore?

1 Like

No, it means that your package type is changing.

Instead of one-two episodes a week, you’ll now be receiving complete series with approximately a year to the end date.

Similar to what @MaouSadao receives currently.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Congratulations @Supermutant! :tada:

That leaves Rogers cable as the only SVOD 45 cable company left.

Also Spectrum Charter.

1 Like

Never noticed the Charter variant was SVOD :flushed:

Wonder which will become HDVOD first: Rogers or Spectrum Charter, or when Spectrum Charter eventually changes over, will Bright House and Time Warner Spectrum switch alongside it :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

You’d have no reason to notice that, it’s way out of your realm of things to be concerned about. :stuck_out_tongue:

Although I have no knowledge of this, I would think that none of the FVOD would be moving to the HD package.

Free VOD doesn’t seem to be in the plan.

1 Like

Ah yes, our previous conversation about the HD switchover from a while back.

How would that work on Spectrum though? I assume that either the FVOD will evolve into the HDVOD, or Spectrum will drop ANOD altogether. It doesn’t seem like a good business standpoint for only some Spectrum subscribers to be able to access ANOD :thinking:

“Oh you live in Florida? Sorry we don’t carry Anime Network there”

1 Like

I’m sure there’s some really complicated answer to that. But like I said, I’m not privy to that.

We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Sucks, but that’s life.

1 Like

So true…

Welcome @Supermutant to the new format. Frontier in my region is currently migrating from the old “here’s a couple of episodes this week” to the entire series that doesn’t expire until June of 2020.

1 Like