Parasyte -the maxim- / Kiseijū: Sei no Kakuritsu

Parasyte -the maxim- / Kiseijū: Sei no Kakuritsu

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: action, drama, horror, psychological, romance, science fiction
Themes: aliens, blunted affect, crime, fighting, gore, tragedy
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Shinichi Izumi is a normal high school boy whose right hand has become infected with an alien parasite that names itself “Migi” (“right”). Migi is the first parasite to develop a symbiotic relationship with its host, as he and Shinichi slowly develop a grudging friendship. Migi isn’t the only Parasite on earth, however, and as cases of Parasites killing humans begin to emerge, humans seek to kill off Parasites. Shinichi and Migi find themselves caught in between these two sides of the struggle over planet earth.
Number of episodes: 24
Vintage: 2014-10-08

ANN Info Page
Parasyte -the maxim- Official JP Homepage

Episodes Airing on Toonami
  1. Metamorphosis (October 3, 2015)
  2. Devil in the Flesh (October 10)
  3. Symposium (October 17)
  4. Tangled Hair (October 24)
  5. Stranger (November 7)
  6. The Sun Also Rises (November 14)
  7. A Dark Night’s Passing (November 21)
  8. Freezing Point (December 5)
  9. Beyond Good and Evil (December 12, 2015)
  10. What Mad Universe (January 2, 2016)
  11. The Blue Bird (January 9)
  12. Kokoro (January 16)
  13. Hello Sadness (January 23)
  14. The Selfish Gene (January 30)
  15. Something Wicked This Way Comes (February 6)
  16. Happy Family (February 13)
  17. The Adventure of the Dying Detective (February 20)
  18. More Than Human (February 27)
  19. In Cold Blood (March 5)
  20. Crime and Punishment (March 12)
  21. Sex and Spirit (March 19)
  22. Repose and Awakening (March 26)
  23. Life and Vows (April 2)
  24. Parasitic Beasts (April 9, 2016)

Hitoshi Iwaaki’s Parasyte Sci-Fi Manga Also Gets TV Anime

posted on 2013-11-19 19:45 EST
Anime to be produced simultaneously with 2 live-action films from Yamato’s Yamazaki

Probably not a Sentai title, since the only ntv series they’ve picked up so far has been Gatchaman Crowds.
However, with this getting really good reviews as well as it being a Madhouse series, I plan on checking this out later.

-test edit-

spoiler

https://youtu.be/5hHXtiIm6ug

Animorphs (Yeerks) + Midori Days was pretty much spot on. It even features a scene rather similar to one in that anime. Unfortunately the power that the parasite has is far in excess of what was shown in Midori Days. Shows that don’t follow their own rules, or have no rules to follow, but are still taking themselves seriously don’t jibe with me so I wonder if this one will be worth its salt.

The animation is pretty good, so that’s a plus.

Also, having seen Mardock Scramble, images such as this from Parasyte are uncomfortably, and unintentionally, humorous:

:wink:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-10-16/parasyte-migi-gets-its-sound-effects-from-a-beatboxing-teenage-girl/.80014

Parasyte’s Migi Gets Its Sound Effects From A Beatboxing Teenage Girl

posted on 2014-10-16 14:30 EDT by Bamboo Dong

Talented voice actress Aya Hirano may lend her voice to Parasyte -the maxim-'s lovable alien parasite Migi, but the creature’s sound effects as he squiggles and squirms around? That’s the handiwork of 17-year-old Rinka, a beatboxer who’s been making a name for herself with her technique and sick human-made beats. In addition to endorsement deals and commercial appearances, Rinka is also the winner of the annual Human Beatbox Battle Japan2013.

Here’s a video of Rinka with Hirano:

And here’s a taste of what Rinka is capable of:

You can catch Parasyte -the maxim- on Crunchyroll every Wednesday at 1:29 PM EST.

Are all the musical sounds in the video coming from her? In that last video, it sounds like something else is providing the beat. Beatboxing is a skill, but I don’t really understand its appeal. It does make for some interesting SFX in Parasyte though.

Speaking of, Episode 2 of Parasyte was very preachy and it was neither original nor subtle about it. That was rather disappointing. Also, how can a disembodied head speak?

We’re dealing with parasites that can have a hand speak. Who knows what changes they’re doing to the human body.

Maybe I am overthinking the show.

Even though the hand grows lips (Oh Mardock Scramble…) to speak I was starting to think that only the main character could hear what it said after the bathroom scene in ep 2.

If that’s the case, then maybe the same reason can be applied to the head?

Though, we don’t know if the other person heard the hand speaking, and just assumed it was the MC talking.

I’d like to hope that no one else heard what the hand said during that bathroom scene as that’s not exactly something that can be lived down.

BTW, is this what the protagonist of Parasyte is supposed to look like?

I seen him looking like that in the OP. I assume (at least planned to happen during this season, however long it be) something will cause him to ditch the glasses.

Coloring is completely off however.

###Parasyte Anime Casts Akira Ishida, KENN, Yū Serizawa
posted on 2014-11-05 12:00 EST
Takuma Suzuki, Yuu Mizushima also join cast for anime of Hitoshi Iwaaki’s manga

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/05-1/parasyte-anime-adds-cast
November 05, 2014 7:13am CST
Akira Ishida is Hideo Shimada, a teenage-looking parasyte observing series protagonist

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/25/double-episode-of-parasyte-the-maxim-anime-coming-this-week
November 25, 2014 4:01pm CST
Episodes hype this weekend’s debut of live-action movie

[size=16]Parasyte Anime Casts Daisuke Namikawa, Issei Futamata, Kazuhiko Inoue[/size]
posted on 2014-12-10 05:17 EST
Takaya Aoyagi also joins cast for anime of Hitoshi Iwaaki’s manga

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-881259/terraformars-uncensored-on-crunchyroll-schedule-updates-shows-expiring

Schedule Updates

Finally, as you guys may know, there are a bunch of schedule changes coming up due to broadcast shifts in Japan’s schedule. If a show is off one week, it will resume the next.

Parasyte -the maxim- - off 12/31

Updates will be made to the list if there are any changes or additions.

I wonder if this series has been licensed.
CR updated the series image on the series page today to include the English title (also added to the first post).

At this point, I’d say the most likely contender is Sentai, followed by Viz, and lastly Funi. Nisa or Discotek…hmmm…

Perish the thought. Well, now that NISA has finally dipped its toe into dubbing they mightn’t be so bad :wink:

Has Sentai announced everything that they picked up last season yet?

Nope.
They still have 2 unannounced.
Chaika 2 is pretty much a guarantee for one.
The other, could be several things.

2 Likes

Parasyte is now confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/573903668199624705

The Invasion Has Begun:

###Sentai Filmworks License Announcement

###Parasyte Anime’s Cast, Staff Revealed
posted on 2014-07-29 14:01 EDT