Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea / Gake no Ue no Ponyo

I saw it in the theater and loved it myself. I think its one of the best Miyazaki films. It just had a magic to it that pulled me in. I can’t wait to get the DVD.

My top three Miyazaki films.

1. My Neighbor Totoro
  2. Spirited Away
  3. Ponyo

If this ends up having a similar audience to Howl’s and Spirited Away, I don’t think you will have to worry so much about small children in the theater. Both of those had primarily adult audiences, despite the G or PG ratings.

If children really are a big concern, I would recommend going on a weeknight. Plus most theaters have discounted tickets during certain weekdays. I plan on going Tuesday, as Cinemark has $5 tickets all day.

Besides, if children start to cry, you can always pelt them and their parents with Junior Mints… :slight_smile:

When I went the kids stayed quiet except for laughing during the funny bits.

All you lucky lucky sub fans out there.

Ponyo BD to Ship in Japan with English Subs on December 8

From what is being said it looks like while its not listed in the language tracks the English audio is included as a bonus feature.
Then again the DVD/BLU is supposed to be out here this year or early next if rumors are true.

Might buy it.

We aren’t getting a cinema release until 2010. So if it isn’t region locked that beauty will be mine. I bet it is though. ;_;

It’s probably Region A and the UK isn’t in it.

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/comingsoon.html
From 30 on the list looks like the R1 DVD and NA Blu-Ray will be coming out in DEC 2009. 31-33 shows three other Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki movies being re-released in special editions. Good to see I will be able to pick up Castle in The Sky still. Be doing so when I get Ponyo.

I loved watching this movie i mean i love all the miyazaki films. I first watched it before in japanese and when it was released to the movie theater i went to go see it as well some of the dubbing worked like the voice for ponyos father was pretty good and i thought it was awesome that they added bette white ^.^ but i didn’t like that they changed the ending music for ponyo it just didn’t work with the movie.
The japanese music is what makes the miyazaki film ten times more awesome ^.^

my top 3 are

1. kikis delivery service
  2. spirited away
  3. ponyo

:dry:

Picking a few Miyazaki/Ghibli films over the other would be like Otcomom picking only a few kids to feed this week. You CANNOT morally pick only a few out of them!

Still haven’t seen this and a bit wearing about it, just cause it is about a goldfish. Gedo Senki was pretty good, even if Ursula got upset cause she didn’t understand how Ghibli works with its films…but I said enough about that on another forum today.

Someone just tell me if this is like a kids show, or has more story that non-kid aged people would like? Whisper in the Heart was kids, but was something more than just FOR kids. :unsure:

Ponyo’s U.S. DVD to Ship in March

posted on 2009-10-19 21:49 EDT
U.S. release’s co-producer reveals release date for Hayao Miyazaki, Ghibli’s film

Looking forward to getting this on DVD.

I saw it featured in an iPhone ad :slight_smile:

Amazon is offering $10 off when you purchase Ponyo on DVD or Blu-Ray and another Studio Ghibli film until June 2, 2010.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_48609842_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000474971&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=16X90N3BKQAF2WS9MWXX&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=93192502&pf_rd_i=B002ZTQVGQ

So I watched this the other day! It was a really good show, enjoyed it. That guy makes some of the weirdest stuff look interesting.

And I watched Kiki’s Delivery Service last night. That one was good too, it was funny how she couldn’t fly straight.

Hayao Miyazaki Nominated for World Fantasy Award

posted on 2010-08-26 01:27 EDT
Director recognized for work on Ponyo at World Fantasy Convention

You know, I’m probably one of the very select people in this world that actually doesn’t like Miyazaki at all. I’ve disliked everything I’ve ever seen done by him (which isn’t much), so I’ve avoided watching everything else.

To this day, I still don’t get the appeal he has with people.

:laugh: Then you should watch every film he has a connection with, Coffee. This guy literates abstract into common motions. Why don’t you like his work?