Princess Resurrection / Kaibutsu Ōjo

Princess Resurrection / Kaibutsu Ōjo

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: action, comedy, drama, horror, romance, supernatural, thriller
Themes: harem, monsters, vampires
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Since Hiro Hiyorimi’s parents died, he and his sister Sawawa have lived apart. Now, Sawawa has gotten a new job as the caretaker of a creepy old mansion, and has sent Hiro a letter asking him to come and stay there with her. Finding the mansion boarded up and apparently empty, Hiro wanders around town looking for Sawawa. Instead, he runs into the new resident of the mansion, and ends up pushing her out of the way of some falling steel beams. Unfortunately, he loses his own life in the process. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, the person he thought he saved turns out to be a princess of the monster kingdom, and she grants him a second life…but only for as long as he will be her servant.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 2007-04-12 to 2007-09-27

ANN Info Page

Princess Resurrection (OAV) - Vintage: 2010-12-09

Just got my copy of the second set.
Oddly it looked like it was opened and re-wrapped.
Which looks to be because ADV inserted a CrunchyRoll ad card for free two weeks in it.
I’ll take pictures once I find my camera.lol

Here is the pictures I promised put them in spoiler tags as I can’t remember how far you got on VOD and not sure which characters have appeared.

http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=princessresurrectionset.jpghttp://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8420/princessresurrectionset.th.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=princessresurrectionset.jpghttp://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8420/princessresurrectionset.th.jpg

Princess Electric Shock has an error in a subtitle where a doctor is referring to his hospital, and the subtitle calls it a hotel.

I suppose it can be confusing to translate this stuff, I’ve watched enough subtitled anime lately to note the same sound that is roughly pronounced like saying “hie” or “height” translated about 4 different ways (“yes” “yeah” and “right” just off the top of my head).

Yeah there is a few of them from what I remember. Nothing that gets in the way of the story.
I think the first set was rushed out to fast and some subs suffered.
Same thing happened with Gurren sub sets from Bandai. Like Petal instead of Pedal is the one I really remember.
Clannad set one I remember hearing has a few mistakes as well.

It does happen on non rushed stuff to though.

Just finished up episode 14.

Overall, it’s played out much like I was expecting, lots of humor in a kind of monster of the week setup.

Just finished watching Episode #14 - Princess Running - on VOD

This series is such a hoot. Always something wanting to tickle my funny bone. Whether it’s the werewolf with her immense paws, or Hime with her many and varied weapons, or Hiro with his pansy-assed ways of trying to protect his Hime. And then, Hiro’s sister, the maid-without-a-clue. When she’s not cleaning or cooking, she down at the malt shoppe having an ice cream, being leered at by the locals.

There is just so much to look at, I sometimes wonder if I’ve seen it all. The only thing I really don’t care for is Flandre. I know, most like this little robot maid, but I just don’t. From her vacant stare, to that incessant ‘Huga’, it just drives me to drink.

But I suppose not every series is perfect.

Just saw this episode too. Really enjoyed seeing poor, blushing Hiro carrying Hime all over the place on his back!

squishy squishy? episode 15 is very well done -

Silly school boys! Well, at least we know how they will grow up!

Since us SVOD people finished this up last week, I should probably make a post.

Out of all the new ADV/Sentai sub-only releases, this is probably the only one I will eventually get.
I really did enjoy this one, regardless of the pain of reading the series.

It kept me quite entertained, even with the repetition of the monster-of-the-week kind of thing it had going.

The only thing that bugged me about it is…

It didn’t really have an ending, which makes me kind of hope they make more for it.

That’s not surprising since although there’s hints of a continuing storyline here and there, they don’t really focus on it much… I thought about looking at the manga to see if they give you more of that in it, actually.

So did anyone else really enjoy the episode where Hime and Hiro end up in the old town and get separated from Flandre? I think it was episode 13 or 14??? I really liked this one. It was actually a bit creepy, and had a whole “Silent Hill” vibe going on. I think it’s definitely one of my favorites of the series.

I should finish this up sometime this week.

Yes, I enjoyed it. Posted on it a while back.

But now that I think if it, you’re right. There was a definite “Silent Hill” feel to it.

I should also mention that I liked Hime’s boot wrapped around Hiro’s neck like a scarf. Very Funny!

Apparently you did…lol. I’m a bit tired and must have scanned right over it.

That’s ok. You made me remember a good episode.
:slight_smile:
Always worth going back to!

Yeah, it was definitely a great episode. It was funny at times and often very creepy. Just what a show about a Gothic Princess should be.

Have you seen the one with Hiro’s classmates yet? If not - I won’t spoil it for you. Just be prepared to laugh!

Is that the one where

where his friends find out about all the hot women he lives with, and try to move in and service Hime.

If so, that episode was hilarious. “Step on me princess, step on me!” HA!

Yes! That’s the one! I was rolling.

Those poor boys already have such set future interests!! Hope they find the right girlfriends!!