Ranma 1/2 / Ranma Nibun no Ichi

Ranma 1/2 / Ranma Nibun no Ichi

Genres: action, comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: body switching, fanservice, gender switch, harem, martial arts, slapstick, tsundere
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Saotome Ranma, a teenage martial artist, and his father Genma travel to the ‘cursed training ground’ of Jusenkyo in China. There, despite the warnings of the Chinese guard, they fall into the cursed springs. From now on, whenever Ranma is doused in cold water, he turns in to a girl, and a cute, well-built red-head at that. Hot water changes him back into a man again, but only until the next time. To make matters worse, his father engages him to Tendo Akane, a girl who hates boys.
Number of episodes: 161
Vintage: 1989-04-15 to 1992-09-25

ANN Info Page

Ranma ½: Big Trouble in Nekonron, China (movie) Vintage: 1991-11-02
Ranma ½: Nihao My Concubine (movie) Vintage: 1992-08-01
Ranma ½: One Flew Over the Kuno’s Nest (movie) Vintage: 1994-08-20

Ranma ½ OAV Vintage: 1993 to 1996

Ranma ½: Nightmare! Incense of Spring Sleep (special) Vintage: 2008-07-31

I would love not just a adaption of the last of the manga but with a true conclusion. Manga doesn’t even really.

[size=16]Well, the only I know is I like a lot this anime, I watched as a child… few days ago… ajajaj[/size]

I would love to see more too, but I am with SuperMutant. Has an online petition ever worked?
I have seen this same petition on a couple other forum boards.

I thought it ended when Ramna fell in the spring of the drowned dog-demon and then was cast back in time by one of his rivals, where he met a priestess who bound him to a tree for 50 years?

Looks like the Thinpaks are going out of print. The first one has been de-listed on Rightstuf and Warner bros store. Others should follow as stock runs out. Not sure if this means Viz is letting go or if they are planning to rerelease it and hopefully Maison Ikkoku when the new Inuyasha series starts getting released on DVD.

Japanese Bluray Boxed Set for “Ranma 1/2” OAVs & Movies Announced

May 02, 2015 1:30pm CDT
Deluxe boxed set hits Japanese home video on August 19, 2015

That means only 1 more volume left to complete the TV series in September.

I wonder if they will do a Blu-Ray Movies / OVA vol 8 in December…

(May have to wait on it since the package just came out in Japan)

Viz Media Announces Home Media Release of Ranma 1/2 Anime Series Set 7 Limited Edition Blu-ray set

Sep 9th 2015

Viz Media Announces Home Media Release of the Complete Ranma ½ Anime Series in New Blu-ray Standard Edition Sets

Jun 2nd 2016
Beloved Martial Arts Anime Returns In Seven New Adventure-Packed Standard Edition Blu-ray Releases

Viz Media to Release Ranma ½ Films, OVA on Blu-ray

posted on 2016-08-12 18:50 EDT
All films & OVA will ship on 1 set

1 Like

Good, I can now replace my non conformist 1st movie (I somehow got one of the copies that came in a paperboard container DVD case size with a CD jewel case located at the bottom of the package)

Viz Media Announces Home Media Release of Ranma ½ OVA & Movie Collection

Aug 21st 2017
Three Full-Length RANMA ½ Feature Films And Eleven OVAs Based On The Classic Anime Series Make North American Debut In HD Format

Ranma 1/2 Limited Edition OVA and Movie Collection Official English Trailer

Viz Media Announces Home Media Release of Ranma ½ OVA & Movie Collection

Sep 12th 2017

Ranma ½ OVA and Movie Collection Limited Edition - Official Unboxing

Celebrate Ranma 1/2’s 30th Anniversary With This New Clothing Line

By Brittany Vincent 09.12.2017 :: 7:00AM EST

edit

WTF didnt know this anime was out on super nintendo

have u guys played this game

Ranma ½ Fans Celebrate Anime’s 30th Anniversary

posted on 2019-04-16 14:45 EDT by Kim Morrissy

2 Likes

Waiting for the Feral to show up so going through my closet shelves this morning .

Around 2014 I was not buying a lot . My Anime purchases had slowed to just One Piece and Ranma on Blu-ray . Glad I thought enough of Ranma to keep pre-ordering the LE’s when they announced them . Set 4 especially . Set 5 is a little short on the run to if I recall . I think it was around set 4 that Best Buy had cut their media section down and most media stores were closing or downsizing .

Hopefully Viz puts some effort into the Inuyasha blu-ray release like they did this ,but I suspect it’s going to be like Bleach just standard sets .

Yes 2 -7 are sealed . I was just so busy around that time most stuff unless I heard a loose disc just got put on a shelf or more likely in a footlocker as I’d long run out of floor/shelf space by then .

2 Likes