Rare games in your collection

A disturbing fact : the era of PS1 / N64 was 12-to-16 years ago.

Yup, we’re old.

Since that much time has passed since that era, do you have games in your collection that are worth a surprising amount of money now in 2012 ?

An example : Conker’s Bad Fur Day. No big deal right? I was surprised to see that an auction for only the cartridge go upwards of $50 on eBay. Not too bad for a common N64 game from 2000.

Are any of you unknowingly sitting on a small fortune ? What could be the most surprising result ? Show your parents that you were right buying those damn games all these years ago !

Since I played a ton of RPGs during the day (ouch), I have a few titles that are worth something.

**NES **
Dragon Warrior IV

**Nintendo 64 **
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Harvest Moon 64

**Playstation **
Lunar : Silver Star Story Complete - Collector’s Edition
Lunar : Eternal Blue - Collector’s Edition
Valkyrie Profile (value sure went down because of the PSP release)
Suikoden II (I don’t think S1 is that rare though)
Dragon Warrior VII
Xenogears (Black Label)

Gamecube
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil : Code Veronica
Resident Evil 4 - Gamestop Edition

RE4 is surprising because it’s the same darn thing as the regular edition except for a tin case and a Leon lithograph…$100 on ebay ! (?)

I use to have Skies of Arcadia Legends for GameCube, but I sold it last year. I got almost a $100 for it. The rarest games I’ve ever had we’re actually for Sega Saturn and 3DO. I had Magic Knight Rayearth for Saturn which I also sold for a nice sum on eBay a while back. It was in near perfect condition and even still had the stickers. It was the final American release for Saturn.

I also put together and sold a nice Panasonic 3DO system several years ago. I got quite a bit more for it than I expected due to some rare games including The Daedalus Encounter that starred Tia Carrere. It was a fun game and the live action video was pretty good.

I’m not entirely sure of the value of my game collection–I do have a vast collection of PS1 and N64 games, all of which still have their original box and game manual. I don’t own many SNES games, but Earthbound apparently isn’t too shabby of a collector’s item. :laugh:

I have a black label Final Fantasy VII (black label meaning that the Playstation label on the game case is the original black, and not the green “greatest hits” label. It doesn’t have the misprint, but the misprints aren’t that much more money. I’ve seen sealed ones go for $200. Not sealed like mine, around $80 or so… that’s the only rare game I have I think.

Nothing rare in mine. Even if there were, it’d be so used the value would be almost nothing. On a sour note, I lost a couple of very old and probably rare titles for a buddy of mine. Got robbed in the moving process once, and I still regret not being able to re-buy the games for my friend.

I have well over 200 games for my Xbox and 360. And about 50 ps2 games. Very big gamer and if I would say the hardest one to find was original Xbox cell damage. Only selling for 60$ B) but it’s one of the hardest games to find as is stubs the zombie which I own too. I own a Jurassic park game for ps2 that is extremely hard to find. It’s kinda tycoon then first person shooter it sells for about 50-60$

But do you have Star Fox 64?

[quote=“PretearHimeno” post=121147]

But do you have Star Fox 64?[/quote]

Dude, who DOESN’T have Star Fox 64?

[quote=“Hentai” post=121158]

But do you have Star Fox 64?
Dude, who DOESN’T have Star Fox 64?[/quote]

Chameleon Twist? No fucking way you have that shit.

Found a nintendo 64, and a calico vision. Wtf how did I get these freaking things.

Well, I’d get squat for the few PS1 games I still have laying around. The disc’s are in tip top shape. The cases? Not so much. Three moves later they’ve been through some rough rides.

But the only old games still in my collection: Final Fantasy Tactics, Digimon World, Skies of Arcadia, Inuyasha A Feudal Fairy Tale, and Mega Man Legends 2.

Everything else was traded in or lost somewhere over the years.

I have a few NES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, PS1, PS2 games idk about the rarity although some of the Sega CD games might be worth something I have one that starred Dana plato lawl. After PS2 I no longer wasted my time on console games the graphics just aren’t nearly as good as my PC’s…

What the hell is rare about RE Code Veronica X? I have GameCube and PS2 versions. You can get the PS2 version, brand new, for less than $15 at Amazon.com.

You want hard-to-find?
Zelda Ocarina of Time + Master Quest (GCN)
Zelda Collector’s Edition (GCN)
Zelda-Twilight Princess (GCN)
Beyond Good & Evil (GCN)
One Piece Pirate’s Carnival (GCN)
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GCN, PS2)
MegaMan X Collection (GCN, PS2)
Metal Gear Solid-Twin Snakes (GCN)
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (GCN)
Crystalis DX (GBC)
Phantasy Star (SMS)
Daffy Duck-The Marvin Missions (SNES)
7th Saga (SNES)
Vasteel (TG-CD)
Exile (TG-CD)
Cotton (TG-CD)
Urban Strike (Genesis)

I have all of those and then some.

I truely doubt this would be considered rare; I even had a copy (that my brother took :dry: ) and I didn’t have to look anywere except my local gamestop (I’m sure they have a copy still). Everyone I’ve talked to about LoZ before has had this game for GameCube, so I wouldn’t count it as rare. ^-^;

Now, I did find out recently (with help from one of my friends) that my copy of Phantom Brave: We Meet Again is/was the only copy for sale in North Carolina, and no one I have ever spoken to around here (East Coast) knows anything of it, so I guess that kind of makes it rare-ish? :stuck_out_tongue: Probably not, but it’s a nice thought. :blush:

[quote=“Iron K. Tager” post=124016]

I truely doubt this would be considered rare; I even had a copy (that my brother took :dry: ) and I didn’t have to look anywere except my local gamestop (I’m sure they have a copy still). Everyone I’ve talked to about LoZ before has had this game for GameCube, so I wouldn’t count it as rare. ^-^;

Now, I did find out recently (with help from one of my friends) that my copy of Phantom Brave: We Meet Again is/was the only copy for sale in North Carolina, and no one I have ever spoken to around here (East Coast) knows anything of it, so I guess that kind of makes it rare-ish? :stuck_out_tongue: Probably not, but it’s a nice thought. :blush:[/quote]

Maybe they had the Wii version. The GCN versions was not made in signifcant numbers. Used copies fetch $40+ and if you can find a new copy, it’ll cost a minimum of $80. The Wii version costs $20 new.

I have two copies of Ocarina of time + master quest. I don’t think it’s really THAT rare.

I have the collector’s edition too, that’s about as rare as the number of people with a subscription to Nintendo Power who had 5 games registered with nintnedo.com (that’s how I got it), or buying or renewing a Nintendo Power subscription, or just buying a new gamecube during the promotion period. They’re not rare, it’s just very few people want to part with them.

Twilight Princess on the Gamecube is still available used at most of the Gamestops I go to. Plus, I know several people with Twilight Princess on the Gamecube.

I see a copy of Beyond Good & Evil sitting on a shelf at Gamestop every time I go there.

This One Piece game isn’t rare either, I can get it on eBay for $10. Same goes for Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

The Mega Man X Collection is around $20.

I used to own Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, then I sold it to gamestop. Then I bought it again from Gamestop a few years later. You can still buy it from Gamestop too.

Path of Radiance is also pretty cheap on eBay.

Got into a collector’s kick some years back, but it never really amounted to much. After failing to find Suikoden II again and again, I just kind of gave up. Did get these though:

Einhander (ps1)
Brave Fencer Musashi (ps1)
Dragon Warrior VII (ps1)
Star Ocean II (ps1)
Chocobo Racing (ps1)
Parasite Eve 1 & 2 (ps1)

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (ps2)
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (ps2)
Guilty Gear XX 2 (ps2)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (SF2 Turbo, SF 3: Third Strike) (ps2)

I still treasure my MvC2 copy above all else though, my cousins and I played that game for 5 or 6 years until MvC 3 came out a few years ago.

I have a 1943 edition of Monopoly with all wooden pieces… just saying.

I remember my Grandmother having http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/6111263/il_fullxfull.255188866.jpg version of Monopoly, only it was the Canadian edition. Always thought it was worse than my run-of-the-mill plastic version ( :lol: ). I’m sure she still have it, I don’t know how much it’s worth though.

Surprisingly enough, the GC version still goes for $40-$50 bucks for used copies on eBay, which isn’t bad for a nearly ten-year old game.

On another note, do anybody here get suckered in buying these $150 collector’s editions of big releases ?

That looks pretty much like mine.