Rosario + Vampire / Rosario to Vampire

Rosario+Vampire / Rosario to Vampire

Genres: action, comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: ecchi, fanservice, harem, school, split personality, vampire, youkai, yukionna
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Due to poor grades, Tsukune Aono, an average high school student, has been unable to get accepted into any private academy of his choice. By exceptional accident, the only school to accept him turns out to be anything but ordinary; the school is attended by youkai disguised as humans. Fearing for his life, he attempts to escape only to meet Moka Akashiya, a beautiful girl who just happens to be a vampire. Despite this, Tsukune decides to stay at the academy, hiding his human nature from students and teachers. Tsukune also discovers that when the rosary around Moka’s neck is removed, her true nature emerges.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2008-01-03 to 2008-03-27

ANN Info Page

Season 1 LE

Season 1 REG

Rosario + Vampire Capu2

Genres: action, comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: ecchi, fanservice, harem, magical girlfriend, monster, school, Split Personality, vampires, youkai
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: A new semester has arrived for Tsukune and the gang featuring a handfull of girl obsessed female first years and it seems like among these first years emerges another vampire who holds a grudge against her sister Moka. What shall this grudge lead to in the future and shall Tsukune suceed in taming this new problem child into his friend, no one knows what the future holds.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2008-10-01 to 2008-12-24

ANN Info Page

Season 2

Season 2 Cover

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/917pHTvjQuL._AA1500_.jpg

English Cast:

Alexis Tipton as Moka Akashiya
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Moka Akashiya (Inner)
Todd Haberkorn as Tsukune Aono
Brina Palencia as Kurumu Kurono
Jamie Marchi as Shizuka Nekonome
Jerry Jewell as The Bat
Leah Clark as Ruby Tojo
Monica Rial as Yukari Send
Tia Ballard as Mizore Shirayuki

2 Likes

I preordered awhile ago. :laugh:

Edit: And yes, this is now one of the few manga series I collect.

1 Like
2 Likes

I suggest reading the manga. The anime diverts from the original storyline considerably.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Does anything ever happen in this show? I’ve been going through it while I wait for some new Funi dubs to debut and while the dub is good the show doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

Does the show ever get anything bigger rolling? So far as I’ve seen, each episode has been its own self-contained story, each ending with a short fight sequence that the show lampoons lol.

1 Like

Season 1 follows the manga more or less but it changes some things (Characters introduced earlier and Tsukune being the one that goes all bad ass against the student discipline council leader and not Moka)

Season 2 they decided to go for over the top fan service instead of kind of adapting the manga story and in my opinion the show suffered for it.

1 Like

So does that mean that there will be something that happens in Season 1?

I’ve seen more than half (albeit not ep 3 as the Funi streaming service wouldn’t stream ep 3 dubbed…) and each ep has introduced a new character(s) who either joins Team Tsukune or ends up getting pwn’d by Team Tsukune and then fading into oblivion lol.

This came out when the complaint was that Monica Rial, Brina & Todd “Haberkreeper” were the leads in “everything”. Since that hasn’t been the case for a while, as I watch this dub now the lineup is almost new again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished S1. It was pretty fun. Episode 8 was the “turning point” as that episode was hilarious and shortly thereafter something actually started to happen.

The dub was pretty awesome from the get-go as it had the Funimation “Dream Team” of yesteryear but once Sentai Staples Shelley Calene-Black and Jason Douglas entered the scene the dub went to another level. Jason Grundy is the unsung dub director (and Momo’s dub didn’t happen…).

It’s not going to earn a spot on the “ecchi shows with a plot” shelf alongside “genre luminaries” like Aesthetica, DxD and Freezing but it’s good enough that I’m surprised that it has pretty much been forgotten by Funi stateside.

1 Like

Anime Expo 2017 - July 1, 2017
Funimation Panel

18:30:26 < bay|AX|Funi> something we have for a little while
18:30:28 <bay|AX|Funi> first time on bluray
18:30:32 <bay|AX|Funi> Rosario and Vampire the complete series
18:30:35 <bay|AX|Funi> first time on bluray
18:30:40 <bay|AX|Funi> season 1 and 2 bluray dvd combo pack
18:30:42 <bay|AX|Funi> late 2017

2 Likes

Well it’s about time. :thumbsup:

1 Like

This isn’t on my must upgrade to Blu-Ray list (Unlike Utena)

1 Like

oh neat, i remember watching this. it was enjoyable

1 Like

Rosario + Vampire – Complete Series – Coming Soon

2 Likes

Rosario + Vampire - Official Clip - The Power of a Vampire

2 Likes

Rosario + Vampire - Official Clip - Meet Moka!

1 Like

Rosario + Vampire - Official Clip - Succubus

2 Likes

Rosario + Vampire - Official Clip - Monster Mash

2 Likes

Rosario + Vampire The Complete Series - Available Now

1 Like