Magikano

Magikano

Genres: action, comedy, romance
Themes: brother complex, ecchi, fanservice, harem, witches
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2006-01-03 to 2006-03-28

Plot Summary: Ayumi Mamiya is a witch cursed to lose her powers but there is one boy who can break the spell and save her. Haruo Yoshikawa thinks he is a normal boy but unknown to him his three sisters are witches who use their magical powers to keep him protected and ignorant about the existence of magic. Now Ayumi must wake up Haruo’s latent powers to save herself but his sisters will have none of that.

ANN Info Page

1 Like

Getting this off my backlog, I started re-watching this tonight.

Yep, even after this long (over a year and a half) and many other series later, I still love this series.
It was really fun the first time I watched it, but it’s aged rather well with me, especially the dub, which I found to be really well done (not to mention it has KVD :slight_smile: )

The second episode battle between Ayumi & Yuri was a blast!

As much as I love KVD and everyone else in it, Jessica Boone was the Sun, to everyone’s distant stars. :wink:

As I’ve said before and will continue to say so… :smiley: This is a case of ADV perfectly balancing localization adaptation, but not going overboard. The result was spiced up enough, in combination with the great VAs… and ADV’s excellent professional comedians in their stable was FAR superior than its original and dry JP counterpart.

If it wasn’t for that aspect though, I’m not sure I would have enjoyed the series (another dub or a dub siding on the pure side).

I enjoyed this show as well, except I don’t care for the way it ends.

Me too, Coffee. I really enjoyed this series, I started watching it again last week before I get ready for work. I always watch an hour of anime while I get ready for work every morning. Nice way to watch shows in my collection that I have watched before that way I can watch my new arrivals/backlog when I get home.

I also have to agree with dragoon. I watched episode 1 subbed and I honestly thought the dubbed version was superior to its counterpart. The subbed version just didn’t hook me as much as the lovely ADV dubbed version.

Long days at work zidane? Haven’t seen you around and on other sites like in the good ole days. :frowning:

A lot of call offs recently lol. I am finally getting back into a normal schedule. I hope to be around here more now. :smiley:

Most accurate review of Magikano to date.

ANN Review: Magikano DVD - Series Set

Very rare I agree with ANN’s reviews so this over 9000% correct.

I think they were a bit harsh on it, but not surprising since ANN’s reviewers generally don’t like these types of fluff shows, especially ones that are in Magikano’s case, pretty standard fare or generic. Personally I think C+ would be a fairer mark on it.

Really fun show. I really liked but the ending kinda sucked it on me. The only reason I don’t have on dvd yet is because of ending. I do think I will get it eventually.

Crunchyroll Adds “Magikano” and Even More Funimation Catalog Titles!

February 01, 2018 1:30am CST
Latest catalog titles available now