Rozen Maiden

Rozen Maiden

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: action, comedy, drama, magic
Themes: gothic lolita, hikikomori, living dolls
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Due to a deep trauma at school Sakurada Jun has refused to return. He spends his time in his room, surfing the web and ordering anything that takes his fancy, only to return the items just before payment is due. One day, he finds a web site that tells him to put his order in a drawer of his desk. He does so thinking it to be a joke, only to find that the letter disappears and a strange package arrives soon afterwards. It contains an exquisite doll, that, when wound, comes to life. She treats him as a servant of little worth, but over time helps him come to grips with his fears and in the life-or-death fights that soon follow her arrival.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2004-10-07 to 2004-12-23

ANN Info Page

Sentai Filmworks Press Release
September 2, 2011

Rozen Maiden: Träumend (S2)

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, drama, magic
Themes: gothic lolita, living dolls
Plot Summary: As summer break arrives for the students, Jun Sakurada is busily studying on his own in the library, making up for time lost while he had confined himself to his home. Meanwhile, his Rozen Maiden doll, Shinku, has been having troubling dreams of late. The pain and sadness of defeating Suigintō was overwhelming, despite the inevitable battle they waged. After waking suddenly from a nightmare, she finds Suigintō’s companion spirit wandering; upon giving chase, she discovers that the seventh Doll—Barasuishou—has awakened. She now realizes that Suigintō’s fate may very well befall the other Dolls, for the appearance of the last Doll signals the beginning of the end of the Alice Games.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2005-10-20 to 2006-01-26

ANN Info Page

Rozen Maiden: OuvertĂźre (S3)

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: drama, magic
Themes: dolls, gothic lolita, living dolls
Plot Summary: Set during the second season, the story between Shinku and Suigintou is told by Souseiseki when Jun buys Shinku a brooch. The first OVA starts with the creation of Sugintou, Rozen’s first doll, which he abandons and moves on to create the rest of the Rozen dolls, ignoring Sugintou’s cries for help.
Number of Episodes: 2
Vintage: 2006-12-22 to 2006-12-23

ANN Info Page

Rozen Maiden ZurĂźckspulen (S4)

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, drama, fantasy
Themes: living dolls
Plot Summary: Jun Sakurada receives a strange letter which asks him whether he will wind or not wind. He chooses to wind and soon he shares his home with several living dolls called Rozen Maidens destined to fight each other. Meanwhile, a different Jun Sakurada from an alternate world makes the opposite choice. Years later his decision comes back to haunt him in the form of mysterious text messages from himself asking for help.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2013-07-04

ANN Info Page

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS REVEALS LICENSE OF ROZEN MAIDEN

HOUSTON, September 02, 2011— Sentai Filmworks has announced the acquisition of the popular ROZEN MAIDEN animated series, a package that includes the original 12 episode series and the 12 episode sequel series ROZEN MAIDEN: TRÄUMEND and the two made for video episodes known as ROZEN MAIDEN: OUVERTÜRE, which have previously been unreleased in North America. Based on the hit manga by the artist known as Peach Pit (Di Gi Charat,) all three titles were directed by Kou Matsuo (Red Garden, Yozakura Quartet) using character designs and script supervision by Jukkii Hanada (Mahoromatic, S.A., Yozakura Quartet) and character designs by Kumi Ishii (Red Garden.)

Remember those nightmares you had as a child, where your toys came to life? That’s the reality that Jun Sakurada suddenly finds himself living when Shinku arrives in a box, the first of several magical Rozen Maidens to invade his secluded life. Worse, he’s found himself magically bound to Shinku, his life force powering hers, and she’s not too crazy about the way he’s been living his life. Unfortunately, fixing everything that’s wrong with Jun is going to have to take a back seat to making sure that Shinku survives the Alice Game, a competition that pits Rozen Maiden against Rozen Maiden for the prize of becoming a real girl, while the losers’ life essence is drained and they become lifeless toys again. Now, in order to win this deadly game, Jun and Shinku will have to find a way to work together. But to do that they’ll have to start trusting each other first! Get ready for a whole new kind of ‘guys and dolls’ as ‘action figure’ takes on a new meaning in ROZEN MAIDEN - THE COMPLETE COLLECTION!

Watch for ROZEN MAIDEN this winter through multiple digital outlets as well as a complete collection on DVD just in time for Christmas. In addition, the new ROZEN MAIDEN: OUVERTÜRE DVD will be available as a stand-alone item, featuring a new English dub by production studio BangZoom! Entertainment.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network and YouTube.

Back cover and 3D front up on first post.

Back tagline kind of creeps me out a little.

its ok. leave it to Detective Kunkun to help you.

wait… in this case, would the detective ask the boy to “show me on the doll…” :blink:

shinku would slap me for that comment. :laugh:

just think of the Rozen Maidens more like Chobits and you should be fine PP.

why does it have to be Dec 6th before these are available?

Coming to The Anime Network Online Player December 2nd , 2011

Coming to The Anime Network OnDemand December 1st , 2011

I re-cased this in a clear 5-disc M-lock case and I must say they should have at least gotten a clear stackpak if they had to put this in a stackpak as the clear makes the cover pop better. Shame there is no reverse art though.

First episode was interesting. The opening music reminds me of Princess Resurrection’s ending music. They do have a similar feel, which is a good thing.

It’s done by the same group, that would be why.
A lot of the music by Ali Project has a very similar sound.

Rozen Maiden OP
Princess Resurrection ED
Shigofumi OP
Code Geass ED1

Just to name a few examples.

Yeah, I need to get that first ep watched soon. I’ve heard of the series before and been interested in seeing it. I’d distinctly had the impression that it was more like Saber Marionette J with a severe dark twist to it rather than being more Chobits like (oh, yes, the Maiden Circuits, such an interesting concept), even if it is set on Earth rather than a colony world.

Okay, I’ve watched the first ep. The series looks to be even better than I initially thought it was going to be, and although I don’t know what happened to Jun-kun at school I can sympathize with not wanting to have to put up with those…individuals…that are called either classmates or instructors. Growing up as the kid that everyone felt they could pick on with impunity I can definitely sympathize with the feelings, even if it’s a completely different reason why he doesn’t wish to go.

And now I’ve gotten the second ep watched. I just have one thing to say, that is why you shouldn’t let dolls play with you.

I might have to buy this, seeing how I never got any of Geneon’s releases of it.

Rozen Maiden Traumend, Ep 1 (Sub), is live at ANO

Rozen Maiden Manga Gets More Anime

posted on 2012-11-18 03:12 EST
Peach-Pit’s manga already inspired 2 TV anime

New Rozen Maiden Anime to Air This Summer

posted on 2013-03-26 07:10 EDT

Ten Years Later: Rozen Maiden Anime Series (The Fandom Post)

November 25, 2014

The struggle to become someone perfect is a universal one. While it is hard for any individual in real life to achieve the ideal, many still strive regardless. Failing the ability to realize that dream in reality, people have often turned to fiction, where authors have complete control, to reach that perfection which can never be achieved in real life. Of the many, many tales of this sort, we get a slightly odd yet interesting one created by the manga duo Peach-Pit with their series Rozen Maiden. (click link for more)

I already have the Geneon releases, so I’m quite glad that Ouverture will be released separately. It’ll save me a good bit of cash. Also, if the cover ends up like this, it’s pretty sweet.

From Janice Williams via FandomPost:

Rai was able to get me the clean front cover art so it’s now up with no IGN watermark.

English Dub Coming to VOD 6/28! Coming Online 6/29!

Rozen Maiden Ouverture, Ep 1 (Sub), is live at ANO